We all have one common problem. (Not mana)

85 Orc Shaman
I had started to type out an elaborate healing guide consisting of my main point here, but then I thought that might be a waste of your time, so I shall simplify.

I am a shaman healer. My roommate is a druid healer, and I have two close friends who are a priest and paladin healer. We had a very nice conversation at lunch today, and came to the same conclusion.

We healers have been reduced to our largest heal. Nothing else comes close to effectively healing for the sheer amount of damage that flies around in these dungeons. I have tried using chain heal when AoE flies, but I find it can't keep up. So I target each of my dps and cast Greater Healing Wave. Before Cataclysm, I would overheal a substantial amount, so that was never a great solution. Now with DPS health pools of 90k+, my 30k Greater Healing Wave crits fit barely make the grade.
My roommate has the same problem on a different class. A druid who forsakes almost all other spells to save mana for Healing Touch. My other friends agreed, as they too have been using primarily their largest healing spells.

Before I ramble on further, I've already made my point. Something needs to change for this role to be enjoyable again. Mana problems aside, being forced to spam your largest heal for a normal dungeon is an insult to skill.

What is the point of having a dozen abilities to heal when only one or two can keep your group from wiping?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/14/2010 9:02 PMPosted by Kitchensink
A druid who forsakes almost all other spells to save mana for Healing Touch

Well we are a tank healing class now, not saying i like it.......
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Stack more spirit.

Stop topping people off.
Edited by Lashiel on 12/14/2010 9:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Healing is fine. I use my entire toolbox.

I also hate to nitpick but your gear is horrible.
Edited by Totelements on 12/14/2010 9:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Posted by Lashiel
Stack more spirit.

Stop topping people off.

This mentality doesn't work for PVP.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman

Cause thats what the OP was talking about amirite
Edited by Totelements on 12/14/2010 9:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Stack more spirit.

Stop topping people off.

Let me tell you to stop being a fanboy and stop kissing blizzards butt

say that to the tank that goes from 112k to 25k in one hit next thing you'll tell me is to get guild groups ive heard it all.

And yes he's talking about a normal im talking a heroic same thing tbh, i dont top people off because im to busy spamming the tank, WG doesnt help it costs to much and heals for practically nothing dont even get me started with rejuvination so the dps die cause they take damage and there's not much i can do so we spend 3 hours wiping the ground with our faces, fun game.......with that said i dont have mana issues my main complaint is the fact im a tank healer only, i could have sworn i had been playing a group healing class for the past 4 years now i spam healing touch woohooo.........
Edited by Bahska on 12/14/2010 9:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Posted by Totelements

Cause thats what the OP was talking about amirite

No, but it's still a factor of healing. It's half the game.

And it's still is the OPs issue; we have to cast big heals in the land of every-class-has-an-interrupt.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
say that to the tank that goes from 112k to 25k in one hit

If the tank takes that much dmg in a single hit in a normal dungeon (What the OP is talking about) then there is something else going on here.
Edited by Totelements on 12/14/2010 9:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
"They simply need to make healing easier and have mechanics that simply outright kill players for messing up rather than dumping the entire burden of the fight on healing classes."
I've been saying for days now that I wish dps who stood in the fire would just get oneshot. Make it work like the floor bombs on Kelthuzad. If you're still standing there when the timer goes from 3 to 0, you die. Or make an aoe that reduces damage done by 90%. Or one that drains their mana/rage/energy to zero. DPS won't move if their health is at risk, but they WILL if their damage is at risk.

I can make up for immobile dps, but it is something we should not have to do.
Edited by Rachey on 12/14/2010 9:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]