Cheapshot and garrote don't work vs camo

85 Gnome Rogue
Cheapshot, garrote, and sap all don't work against a hunter who is in camo. Is this intended?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
That is weird. Even more weird that you could sneak up on the hunter with their semi-permanent perception bonus via track hidden.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
If you see a hunter in Camo, run. Run far and run hard, cuz he's shaking a can of whoop ass, and looking for someone to give a nostril wash to.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
I was dueling a hunter today and can confirm this.

Hunters just seem to have far to many ways to counter stealth. Although it's not clearly as bad as a demo lock running around with Hellfire up.

I'm ok with camo giving range attack protection, but this COMPLETELY shuts down a stealthed rogue.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Until someone whines. Which you just did. I'm surprised it hasn't been hotfixed yet. (Even though you are wrong)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
12/14/2010 11:37 PMPosted by Harnokk
Until someone whines. Which you just did. I'm surprised it hasn't been hotfixed yet. (Even though you are wrong)

Not being able to do anything to someone who can find you even easier is not okay. But you don't care about that, I've noticed that all you do is post about how terrible you think hunters are and complain about them. REROLL, QUIT, or TAKE ACTION. Sitting there and whining isn't going to change anything.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Can rogues even beat hunters anymore? It seem all has gone back to Vanilla wow days. Not complaining but if it's possible let me know how lol.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Posted by Euthanyze

Not being able to do anything to someone who can find you even easier is not okay. But you don't care about that, I've noticed that all you do is post about how terrible you think hunters are and complain about them. REROLL, QUIT, or TAKE ACTION. Sitting there and whining isn't going to change anything.

Not being able to do anything to someone who can find you even easier is not okay. But you don't care about that, I've noticed that all you do is post about how terrible you think hunters are and complain about them. REROLL, QUIT, or TAKE ACTION. Sitting there and whining isn't going to change anything.[/quote]

You do realize that this is how it is for everyone else against a rogue right? I mean the rogue can find me FAR easier than I can find the rogue. And when they're using CDs (which camo is a CD) there's often little I can do to them while it's up. Not to mention when they restealth and I once again can't find them.

I'm not saying that camo should work the way it does, but your arguement is rather pathetic and could be used directly against rogues by someone trying to find a stealthed class.

EDIT: And apparently the quote feature is acting up for me.
Edited by Darigaaz on 12/15/2010 12:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
If its a bug, it will be fixed. If its not a bug, and it works for us it will get nerfed.

To Euthanyze. Im not re rolling, I am taking action by voicing what I see are the positives and negatives of my main's class. If you dont like that, you are more than free to put me on ignore. Doesnt that seem like a more reasonable thing to do than get your panties in a wad about a forum discussion of a video game?

Im not going to derail the thread or troll. This isnt about what I think about the changes to hunters. Its also not about your impressions of my posting. I dont know what is intended with Camoflage, but I know its not a bubble that grants temporary god mode, nor is it a button that wipes and cleanses the hunter and makes him safe and sound. It's something new. You know.. like smoke bomb.

Reply Quote
87 Troll Hunter
MHC
Posted by Euthanyze

What is your entire class based around? Sneaking up on someone who can't see you and stun locking them.

Camo actually used to be useful for something other than amusing party members with a translucent dancing fox. People coming to the forums to sit here and whine about it is what changed it.
Edited by Dalokohs on 12/15/2010 5:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
So far I haven't really found a good niche for Camo. Is it a cool ability? Sure, but I'm just not getting that whole "OMG, I MUST USE THIS ABILITY NOW!" feeling when I'm playing my Hunter.

Hell, half the time I forget I even have it. I just wish that when I feigned, I could use it (pet is keeping me in combat). :(
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I can understand it working on sap, but I see no reason why it should affect CS and Garrote.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Posted by Alki
So far I haven't really found a good niche for Camo. Is it a cool ability? Sure, but I'm just not getting that whole "OMG, I MUST USE THIS ABILITY NOW!" feeling when I'm playing my Hunter.

Camouflage makes you the BEST flag defender in Arathi Basin if you are interested on rated battlegrounds.

Move your pet to one side, get to another, both you and pet get stealthed while standing. No matter which class come to assault the flag, you will have a huge advantage. Even if you are outnumbered, you will have a ton of time to hold the enemies until the help come.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Posted by Zinena
I was dueling a hunter today and can confirm this.

Hunters just seem to have far to many ways to counter stealth. Although it's not clearly as bad as a demo lock running around with Hellfire up.

I'm ok with camo giving range attack protection, but this COMPLETELY shuts down a stealthed rogue.

I love running up to a demo lock doing that and rebuking him in his ugly warlock face.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Posted by Argaio
<blockquote data-quote="15363461847"><div>Posted by Alki</div>So far I haven't really found a good niche for Camo. Is it a cool ability? Sure, but I'm just not getting that whole "OMG, I MUST USE THIS ABILITY NOW!" feeling when I'm playing my Hunter. </blockquote>

Camouflage makes you the BEST flag defender in Arathi Basin if you are interested on rated battlegrounds.

Move your pet to one side, get to another, both you and pet get stealthed while standing. No matter which class come to assault the flag, you will have a huge advantage. Even if you are outnumbered, you will have a ton of time to hold the enemies until the help come.

Oh ya! I forgot about that. Please forgive me as I am a 6 year Warlock re-roll. I'm not used to "defending flags." :) But yes, I did defend the Blacksmith the other night while using Camo. It gave me the opportunity to initiate the first attack which was kind of nice! I'm just struggling to keep melee squatting on me right now. For the life of me I just can't seem to get away from those pesky little melee buggars! :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I was wondering the same thing.

I think we need an official responce from a blue.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I don't know how anyone in their right mind can defend this, obviously broken. It's supposed to defend against ranged attacks, not melee.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I won't believe it until I see a screenshot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]