Cheapshot and garrote don't work vs camo

100 Human Rogue
AFAIK, you are supposed to be able to attack them with melee attacks. If you can't, then I would consider it a bug.

I don't have Cata yet or I would be happy to test. :(

I'm also interested in how effective their stealth level is while stationary..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/19/2010 12:01 AMPosted by Conflictt
I don't know how anyone in their right mind can defend this, obviously broken. It's supposed to defend against ranged attacks, not melee.

Do you defend the fact that Flare doesn't prevent Vanish anymore?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/19/2010 1:31 PMPosted by Drusis
I don't know how anyone in their right mind can defend this, obviously broken. It's supposed to defend against ranged attacks, not melee.

Prevent and Counter are two different things mind you.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Openers are, for the most part, counted as ranged due to them not being able to being able to be blocked (normal ranged can of course), parried or dodged. Most of my guild rogues have been FoKing me out to get cripp on and perhaps force masters call.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
12/19/2010 1:45 PMPosted by Kordwar
Openers are, for the most part, counted as ranged due to them not being able to being able to be blocked (normal ranged can of course), parried or dodged. Most of my guild rogues have been FoKing me out to get cripp on and perhaps force masters call.

So if ranged attacks can be blocked how the hell do you figure Openers count as ranged?.
Does not compute logic.

Nvm that, melee range has been 5 yards. ALWAYS have been.
All evidence points to this being a broken mechanic so lets hope it gets fixed soon.

Why wouldnt it?.
New Vanish=Improved stealth mode, Prevents dmg and harmful effects for 3 seconds (3 seconds of guaranteed stealth woopdedoo).
Flare is a harmful effect.

If it were like the old vanish which lasted 10 seconds then i agree.

But WHATEVER we are talking about a different skill here.
Edited by Kulgan on 12/19/2010 2:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Druid
The sap prevention is intended but the cheapshot and garrote prevention is probably a bug.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
12/19/2010 2:32 PMPosted by Kulgan
So if ranged attacks can be blocked how the hell do you figure Openers count as ranged?.
Does not compute logic.

Nvm that, melee range has been 5 yards. ALWAYS have been.
All evidence points to this being a broken mechanic so lets hope it gets fixed soon.

You're jumping on the defensive for no reason. I'm not supporting that camo counters stealth, I'm saying that camo is a little bugged and is accounting for openers wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I was dueling a hunter today and can confirm this.

Hunters just seem to have far to many ways to counter stealth. Although it's not clearly as bad as a demo lock running around with Hellfire up.

I'm ok with camo giving range attack protection, but this COMPLETELY shuts down a stealthed rogue.

Rogues have far too many ways to screw up a hunter.

Disarm, slows with no cd, stuns, etc etc.

And we have anti-stealth? You're whining about that when you can kill a hunter with absolute ease.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
then do rogues agree that ambush and cheap shot should not go through deterrence?

And from everything i hear hunter pvp is completely terrible. I dont have the time to pvp atm so I cant say for myself but yea.

The irony of rogues moaning that they cant open from stealth now when pretty much through out wrath the opener was guaranteed even if you had flare down and track hidden and pet on agressive :>
Reply Quote
yeah i noticed this a couple days ago and forgot to make a post about it

sap CS and garrote definitely aren't usable on camo
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Are you seriously saying hunters need to be nerfed in PvP?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Camo potentially has one possible use. Nerf it immediately!

Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
12/19/2010 8:05 PMPosted by Byronelijah
Are you seriously saying hunters need to be nerfed in PvP?

Are you seriously saying Rogues should get their core skill more gimped in PVP?.
With all the AOE spam in BGs and still vanish bugs(vanish fix bananas) the one thing rogues dont need is more freaking stealth bugs.

What i find ironic is that Rogue and hunters are the most gimped classes right now.
Am all in favor on upgrading hunters too, but i dont see how you cant defend a clear bugged mechanic just to screw the only other pure dps non caster class.

This doesnt have anything to do with the problems of your class.
This is like rogues caring about lvl 25 bracket ambush, i mean seriously. Just fix it already so we can move on.
Edited by Kulgan on 12/21/2010 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
12/15/2010 12:16 AMPosted by Septik
Can rogues even beat hunters anymore? It seem all has gone back to Vanilla wow days. Not complaining but if it's possible let me know how lol.

Just stay on top of them. Try and predict the disengage with a dismantle or stun. Honestly I've had little to no problems with hunters this x-pac. The good ones are still a tough fight, but the bad ones are still free kills.

12/18/2010 11:26 PMPosted by Kaylaria
Rogue tears im lovin it

I smell butthurt.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Hunter
So far I haven't really found a good niche for Camo. Is it a cool ability? Sure, but I'm just not getting that whole "OMG, I MUST USE THIS ABILITY NOW!" feeling when I'm playing my Hunter.

Hell, half the time I forget I even have it. I just wish that when I feigned, I could use it (pet is keeping me in combat). :(

/cast [combat,pet] Dismiss Pet; [combat] Feign Death; Camouflage

So, if you're in combat and you have a pet - dismiss it.
If you're in combat with no pet, feign
If you're out of combat then camo

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]