Resto Druid Mana Cost And Spell Speed

80 Orc Shaman
How the hell does blizzard expect a resto druid to heal a bloody 85 heroic dungeon with the amount of mana cost spells are and lack of cast time for big bloody spells tanks and dps get hit well over bloody 40k every hit and our bloody hots dnt even tick 10k even than Healing touch 2.5s cast 5.5k mana regrowth 1.5s cast 6k mana etc ffs fix us and stop favouring other healers dnt give us a spec u wont allow us to use every day!
Edited by Shöckprööf on 12/15/2010 4:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
58 Human Death Knight
i keep 3 stack of lb on the tank and spam the hell out of nourish using rejuv/sm when the tank needs a bit more healing. when dps is getting beaten i use wg and hope they don't die. i am not liking the druid healing tool kit. cata was supposed to make healing interesting and (as said in other posts) casting 3 lifeblooms and spamming the hell out of nourish is as fun as tap dancing on broken whiskey bottles.

i hope blizz addresses druid cast times and mana costs. it seems that druids healing is not anywhere close to where it should be.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I honestly don't understand, why you are complaining... you gotta time everything, open your eyes anticipate a play before it happens I find it very entertaining and fun...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Keep lifebloom on the tank, don't heal needlessly, Always be casting Nourish if no one needs any more immediate attention, Use OoC procs on Healing Touch, take Regrowth off your bars. Use innervate early, use ToL proactively as both a throughput CD and an efficiency CD.

Make it clear that CC will save you mana and the party needless deaths, whisper the tank and let him know to take it slow if you're having trouble. You have Cyclone, Roots, Hibernate, Barkskin and Nature's Grasp, make liberal use of them

Tranquility is amazing, use it whenever you feel like you're starting to lose control of the situation.

Always stay calm, entering a dungeon with any sort of entitled attitude will most likely put the tank and dps on edge, be friendly but firm if you need to ask people to be mindful of moving out of Ground AoE or to CC a target.

Relax, it's not as bad as you think, a little bit of a gear goes a long way. Glhf!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Stack int and Spirit and haste, and don't worry about crit or mastery. I don't have any problems as long as the dps doesn't stand in flames or take easily avoidable damage. If you find you just can't cut it as a healer you can always switch to balance....
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
its pretty easy actually, you have to use everything you have. every boss fight ToL, tranq and Innervate at some stage. Dps should be using HS or health pots if low. Running with a guild group makes things so much better. I refuse to run with a Pug tank.
Reply Quote
Use OoC procs on Healing Touch, take Regrowth off your bars. Use innervate early, use ToL proactively as both a throughput CD and an efficiency CD.

I feel the same way about regrowth, the only time I use it is in tree form in pvp usually (occasionally in tree form pve).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My fear is, at this point in Cata, a lot of Resto Druids with potential are going to give up. I won't deny that healing heroics is frustrating right now. I flat out, will not pug a heroic at this point in time.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Lol im not sure if this is a gear issue or not but i had 3lb stacks rejuv regrowth WG and the efflouressence thing on a tank on a heroic boss and he still dropped. I was also spamming healing touch, went oom in like 10 seconds but the point is that he still died! lol!
Reply Quote
87 Troll Druid
I don't think resto druids are broken in heroics. Use all of your tools but use them sparingly. Gear is definitely an issue this early in the expansion and upgrading goes a long way. Gear up before giving up.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Posted by Pyebwa
Keep lifebloom on the tank, don't heal needlessly, Always be casting Nourish if no one needs any more immediate attention, Use OoC procs on Healing Touch, take Regrowth off your bars. Use innervate early, use ToL proactively as both a throughput CD and an efficiency CD.

Make it clear that CC will save you mana and the party needless deaths, whisper the tank and let him know to take it slow if you're having trouble. You have Cyclone, Roots, Hibernate, Barkskin and Nature's Grasp, make liberal use of them

Tranquility is amazing, use it whenever you feel like you're starting to lose control of the situation.

Always stay calm, entering a dungeon with any sort of entitled attitude will most likely put the tank and dps on edge, be friendly but firm if you need to ask people to be mindful of moving out of Ground AoE or to CC a target.

Relax, it's not as bad as you think, a little bit of a gear goes a long way. Glhf!

I agree fully with this until you said take regrowth off your bar. IMHO you can time it with a clearcast and its still useful.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Regrowth is like an abortion of a healing spell now. Blizzard you should be ashamed.
Reply Quote
12/15/2010 4:58 AMPosted by Shöckprööf
bloody hots dnt even tick 10k

the don't expect you to use HoTs unless it lifebloom, Rejuvination was to powerful so instead of fixing the problem the were lazy and just stuck a big mana cost on it just like chain heals for shamans and other abilities for other healers
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Posted by Fxa

I agree fully with this until you said take regrowth off your bar. IMHO you can time it with a clearcast and its still useful.

I second that emotion. Clearcast is helpful beforehand, but I don't ever hesitate to use it on the tank. Or myself. Buys a lot of time, like for winding up a nourish or waiting on LB to bloom. Speaking of which, I've been using LB a lot more and with all 3 stacks and finding it to be a very good strategy. However, I'd really like to be able to use it on more than one target...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

This. ToL + OoC proc + Regrowth is situational, but very nice.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Posted by Pyebwa

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]