Quick guide of heroic mechanics (+ ZA ZG)

(Locked)

85 Draenei Death Knight
Why is this 4 pages back with so many people asking for help?
85 Troll Death Knight
Thanks for bumping this Kalle. I never knew this thread existed.

Oh... and Eflow for making it, of course.
Edited by Hemogoblin on 12/30/2010 12:00 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
- Lost City > croc boss
There's a building behind the boss. Tank the boss in the doorway of said building with your ranged + healer standing inside the building. That way the adds have to funnel through you (the tank) to get to your group's squishies.

Pull the croc a little into the building so the melee dps (if any) can stand on his side to attack.

- Lost City > Last boss
Move the caster mobs ('minions', I believe) to the edge of the platform and kill them there. They drop bad stuff on the ground when they die... and this avoids you (the tank) and melee DPS having to deal with it while attacking the boss.

- SFK > 3rd boss (the one with the 2 adds)
Tank+healer kites the boss to the fountain in the courtyard (where you killed the fearing mobs earlier) while your DPS CC one add, nuke down the other, then nuke the CCd add, then go to the boss. From there it's: lust (if available) keep boss faced away from group, don't stand in green circle.

- Grim Batol > last boss
When the boss does a knockback on you (the tank) he also applies a "+100% damage taken" debuf (lasts 5 secs, I think). So, when he knocks you back, don't hurry to get back into melee range but rather wait for him to come to you.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks, I have found this very helpful.
85 Undead Death Knight
Excellent, been looking for something like this.
85 Goblin Death Knight
12/30/2010 7:40 AMPosted by Dãwn

- SFK > 3rd boss (the one with the 2 adds)
Tank+healer kites the boss to the fountain in the courtyard (where you killed the fearing mobs earlier) while your DPS CC one add, nuke down the other, then nuke the CCd add, then go to the boss. From there it's: lust (if available) keep boss faced away from group, don't stand in green circle.

the reason why i do not included this, is because i think this will soon be considered "clever use of game mechanics" and likely changed.

The 1st boss of Old Kingdon had the exact the same mechanic, where it was easier to pull him to the entrance of the instance so you did not have to deal with the adds (which were prt of the fight mechanic). And they changed that so he reseted if pulled too far away from his room ...

And i think it will happen to this boss as well, since it completely kills the purpose of the adds and turn the fight into a tank spank.

Whe i would advise, that i think its still a "fair" fight, is to pull him to the previous room (the wooden room before) so the adds will have to come to the door and are easier to pick up and manage.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/30/2010 9:29 AMPosted by Eflow
the reason why i do not included this, is because i think this will soon be considered "clever use of game mechanics" and likely changed.

You're probably right... but make hay (and get the achievement from this boss) while the sun shines :p
85 Blood Elf Priest
Grats on sticky.

The 1st boss of Old Kingdon had the exact the same mechanic, where it was easier to pull him to the entrance of the instance so you did not have to deal with the adds (which were prt of the fight mechanic). And they changed that so he reseted if pulled too far away from his room ...

Hehe that's not the way I remember it, he enraged if he left his area and omfg he enraged hard. Wowwiki said "He enrages when he leaves the area but a geared tank should be able to deal with it though it's not been tested.

40k melee hits in ulduar gear... lol.
---------
List of CC and Interrupts
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1536335625
85 Draenei Death Knight
Woot! Sticky!
12/15/2010 7:09 AMPosted by Eflow
The 1st boss is all about: interrupt EVERYTHING he casts. And the healer dont need to freak out to heal everyone after each "aoe grip". It takes 90% of your current health, so it will never actually kill anyone. As long as people interrupt everything, nobody but the tank will take dmg.

Great thread.

I would make one small suggestion / correction, though. He doesn't take 90% of your health, he just takes whatever is necessary to reduce you to 1hp.

If you are VERY short on interrupts (i.e., only 1), it is important to interrupt Mend Rotting Flesh (which heals the boss a *@*%load), vital to interrupt Stay of Execution, but less important to interrupt Pain and Suffering (as it can be dispelled) although your healer might hate you for it). But, given a choice of interrupting 2 out of 3, Pain and Suffering is the one to let through.

Props!
85 Goblin Death Knight
yeh i plan in cleaning it up and fixing some mechanics that i found out how they really happen .. =o

and thanks on the sticking =o
85 Draenei Mage
Orzuk's spell reflect can be spellstolen also.
85 Goblin Warrior
Thank you for this post. I did heroic SFK for the first time today and succsessfully faked out the group all up until the last boss because someone wanted the acheivement, and I had to modify the strategey presented to attempt the acheivement :)
85 Blood Elf Priest
01/05/2011 3:56 PMPosted by Pallanimane
Also with the first boss of SFK - if your a pally tank you can bubble out of the death grip canceling it all together (only once per fight because of cooldown - but still a neat trick), you just have to make up a cancel aura macro to go with your bubble so your not protected and can pick back up threat easier.

#showtooltip Divine Shield
/cancelaura Divine Shield
/cast Divine Shield

You have to press it twice but every paladin should have this macro. It's nicer now because Divine Protection and other % mitigation cd's no longer apply or are locked out by forbearance.

It's nice because you can press it once for when you want to leave it up. If I find myself falling for any reason, a quick press of J and I'm immune from damage. (that stupid glitched building in TwiHigh gets me every time.

Edit: Every tank should have this macro

#Showtooltip Hand of Protection
/cancelaura Hand of Protection

So that if a paladin slaps HoProt on you to dispel a physical debuff, you can immediately cancel it without scrambling for right clicking the right buff.
---------
List of CC and Interrupts
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1536335625
Edited by Whynot on 1/6/2011 10:44 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Com. Springvale
The adds should be killed/interrupted ASAP. They cast a lot of nasty @@%! and buff the boss / debuff you, turning that fight into a nightmare. And yes, you are supposed to move out the desacration.

It is not really worth moving Springvale around to dodge the desecrate. It's 7k damage per tick (every other second) and affected by shadow resist buffs, hitting for 4k per tick with a priest/paladin in the group.

Small, jerky movements have a tendency to make mobs make poor pathing decisions and overestimate how far to travel. At best, the boss turns around and walks back into position. At worst, your game client is slightly desynched from the server, and the boss you think is facing you is actually aimed toward the party when the cone of flame attack hits. It can also create a DPS loss as melee are suddenly out of range.
Edited by Resonance on 1/6/2011 4:20 PM PST
75 Troll Druid
Steelbender (BRC)
I've just been dragging him through a part of his ring to add 1, MAYBE two stacks each time. Normally I start with ~3 seconds left. Last kill in a pug got us the achievement with no adds spawning this way.

High Prophet (Lost City)
Yes kill / kite the fire phoenix and then do the same with the shadow phoenix. And dont stand under the red giant beam he summons =p

Yeterday I tried kiting him around during the 50 Lashings. It seemed to save me a few hits of it, though it can be a pain to the melee in the group. I'm pretty sure it fell off him at one point with 4-5 stacks still on due to kiting.

Commander Ulthok (Throne of Tides)
Kite him around the very outer edge of his room. This gives tons of room for ranged/healer in the center, and lots of time to kill him. It also allows for large movements each time, which he often will cast Enrage right after you start to move, lessening the time you are attacked.

Cookie (Deadmines)
Have the tank go dps, there is nothing to tank.
85 Human Death Knight
Three things:
1. The malignant trogg add can still be CC'd but a new one spawns in the next set. They fixed it.
2. Lord Walden has TWO poisons. Green=Go/Run, Red=Stop. If you run with the red one on, you're in trouble.
3. On Ozruk, run THROUGH the boss to avoid Ground Slam. Same with Paralyze/Shatter, just get back quick because he casts a Ground Slam soon after.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]