Doesn't understand mage OP...

85 Night Elf Mage
Heya,

What I cannot seem to understand is how everyone is complaining about ice mages. Yeah, we are pretty powerful now.. But I seriously do not think its really out-of-this-world OP..

Majority of the complaining is the control part of a mage. We have many resources to stop you from completely destroying us in our face.. Isn't that supposed to be how mages work? We are clothies and we really are not supposed to have a warrior or DK devouring our HP. As you can tell, most of the complaints are coming from melee.. but at the same time, lets see what you guys got this expansion.

Let's put warrior in this example:
Ways to get in the face of a mage - charge, intercept and now a leap.. 3 different opportunities to tear me a new hole. Sure, I can have my ice barrier stop one.. frost nova another, cone of cold another.. easy peasy right? Not really, Warriors that are doing all the complaining need to learn to play.

A good warrior sees a deep freeze coming and pops reflect.. a good warrior changes stances .. a good warrior doesn't try to LOLBURST when in a mages face and hamstrings instead. When does a mage have time to stop cast a frostbolt? Hardly ever... especially with a warrior. Sure, I can kill a good amount of warriors.. but I cannot kill a really good one.

Ice lance is not 3-shotting you guys - shut up with the stupid threads about it. At maximum, I have had a shatter combo of about 45k if RNG is my friend and I actually crit.. maximum of 1 frostbolt and 2 icelances(or 1 FF/IL) and thats IF they dont trinket out of deepfreeze. Sure, that is a good chunk of health.. but the average is 100-125k HP now... What are you complaining about?

Every season, someone needs to complain about the class they are not playing because that said class killed them and gave them a WTF face(ya know, the ones that got owned because they are bad.. lay there and dont release while they eyeball the combat log and whine?). Mages are not the only powerful class now. A GOOD warlock can demolish a mage any day too - and they have just as much control as we do.

Sure, Im not the best mage in the world and I never post on forums(it has been 2 years since).. but seeing all the butthurts complaining about mages is really getting out of hand. I have played many seasons of arena and BG's for many years with many different classes.. every season requires thought of each class to determine weakness and gaps in the best players of arena and BG's.

TLDR?: Quit whinning.. stop and think about the gaps each class has in PVP and actually spend time creating a tactic to overcome why people are afraid of said class.

As far as I can tell (with any class complaint).. every thread I see just says "i got owned because I am lazy and dont want to improve my playstyle in anyway.. plz carry me, someone.. or blizz buff my class nerf everyone else"

See you guys in the battlefield :)
Tierya
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
From what I've seen and heard, really good mages and nearly impossible to bring down, you mention you can kill warriors all day but can't kill a good one, that means you're not the type of mage everyone is QQing about
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
12/15/2010 11:17 AMPosted by Æxorcist
From what I've seen and heard, really good mages and nearly impossible to bring down, you mention you can kill warriors all day but can't kill a good one, that means you're not the type of mage everyone is QQing about

so.. to sum up what you said.. people are QQing because they are bad?

I am not top-tier in any way shape or form... I'll be the first to admit it.. but I dont think im bad at my class or any others I've played.. least not completely :)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
No, to sum up what he said, good mages are unkillable by anybody. Good players are upset because there is an unkillable, ridiculously imbalanced class (actually 2, but not nearly as many people play feral druids so they're going to be less whined about, even if they're just as bad).

You're not a good player, so you are killable by good players, yet still can completely dominate bad ones with your sudden amazing 4.0 skill-infusion where you downloaded a patch and suddenly became awesome at the game. So you don't see the problem.

TL;DR your contributions to this or any discussions about mage balance are probably worthless.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Posted by Chrian
No, to sum up what he said, good mages are unkillable by anybody. Good players are upset because there is an unkillable, ridiculously imbalanced class (actually 2, but not nearly as many people play feral druids so they're going to be less whined about, even if they're just as bad).

You're not a good player, so you are killable by good players, yet still can completely dominate bad ones with your sudden amazing 4.0 skill-infusion where you downloaded a patch and suddenly became awesome at the game. So you don't see the problem.

TL;DR your contributions to this or any discussions about mage balance are probably worthless.

Aww.. another butthurt warrior.

Reply Quote
because you admitted 45k in 2-3 GCDs is really bad right?

i can barely crank out that in 5 and that's my top burst.
Edited by Iamesauce on 12/15/2010 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Posted by Iamesauce
because you admitted 45k in 2-3 GCDs is really bad right?

i can barely crank out that in 5 and that's my top burst.

Perhaps not.. but you're also a rogue. You have so many buttons and get out of jail free cards..

I havent been stunlocked to death recently by a rogue alone.. I think there is just too much HP for that.. although I still think rogues are a really big threat to clothies.. ambush crits are pretty redonculous.
Reply Quote
Perhaps not.. but you're also a rogue. You have so many buttons and get out of jail free cards..

I havent been stunlocked to death recently by a rogue alone.. I think there is just too much HP for that.. although I still think rogues are a really big threat to clothies.. ambush crits are pretty redonculous.

counterspell polymorph freezex100 ice block x2 icy veins ice shield thingy frost armor blink must I go on?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
You can kite every single class in the game. You can beat every single ranged class 1v1. Mages literally do not lose to anyone any more.

Game isn't balanced around 1v1?

Mages can CC multiple targets while putting out insane damage onto a single target all the while applying new CC to a target if the previous one ends.

I wouldn't have any problem with Mages if ANYTHING they did took any semblance of skill.

Hunters can kite too, you know why its not broken?

Because they have to do more than press "Blink" and "Frost Nova", Hell through talents and procs, you can root people without doing anything but getting hit. Hunters also can't pump 20k instants into people while they are kiting.

You have a bubble as well as a prep, two things your class could do perfectly fine without, considering the fact that no one can touch you.

And on top of all that, Mages in general seem to have this snotty sense of entitlement, at the end of S8 mages kept acting like they took skill to play, when they could dominate in any wizard cleave. But no, being R1 viable wasn't good enough for the mage community, they needed to be better than that.

At the end of Wrath Mages had'

Amazing CC and cooldowns.

The trade off was that they were squishy and had lower damage than other casters.

Now they outdamage everyone in the game short of Feral Druids possibly, they have more CC than anyone, they can kite anyone. They were also given their own personal Bloodlust........If this doesn't say "Blizzard's pet class" I don't know what does.
Edited by Iibra on 12/15/2010 12:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I'm no pvp expert, but I've not been able to touch a mage yet.

I sure wish I could lay down a frost trap the size of a house... QQ.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Here's what you do.

Get a Holy paladin and a feral druid
Have you and your partners make cast random macros and bind that macro to every key
Now, bind movement to the arrow keys

Profit.

Congrats, You're now a 2400+ player.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Posted by Tierya
<blockquote data-quote="15364266087"><div>Posted by Chrian</div>No, to sum up what he said, good mages are unkillable by anybody. Good players are upset because there is an unkillable, ridiculously imbalanced class (actually 2, but not nearly as many people play feral druids so they're going to be less whined about, even if they're just as bad).

TL;DR your contributions to this or any discussions about mage balance are probably worthless.</blockquote>

Don't nerf me bro.
Fix'd, tell me another class that has a Frost Mage's control, stupid amounts of damage, AND survivability all in a nice package perfect for face rolling with.

We can wait.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Warriors, Mages, Ferals, and DKs are possibly TOO STRONG. Don't compare them against each other. Come Mages to Paladins or Warriors to Ele shaman.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Eh.. i give up on forums.. hence why i never post anyway.. thought i was actually starting a real thread to help people point out weaknesses of a mage to people so they can stop whinning... turned into a flame war of butthurts and typical finger pointing because im on my mage...

I'll stick to just reading.

See ya guys in game.
Edited by Tierya on 12/15/2010 1:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Frost mages are just stupid against melee. I'm a rogue, I'm supposed to be able to kill mages considering I'm invisible and start off attacking them..I stun them, they just blink with their 15 second CD out of every stun. I shadow step or garrote, they ice block or just freeze me to the ground and poly me.
I was dueling a frost mage once and I did 10% of his health and he beat me. He was 84 I was 85, and I had like 300 resil. I did 10k of his health and he did 90k.
And I don't play my class horribly wrong, I don't click, etc. I think it's stupid blink gets you out of stuns, I cannot reach an ice mage if I can't stun them.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
What weaknesses? You can't point any out, you didn't point any out! You actually stated a number of ways in which mages can easily counter any gap-closing abilities, then somehow construed that as mages having weaknesses?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Posted by Tierya
Heya,

What I cannot seem to understand is how everyone is complaining about ice mages. Yeah, we are pretty powerful now.. But I seriously do not think its really out-of-this-world OP..

Majority of the complaining is the control part of a mage. We have many resources to stop you from completely destroying us in our face.. Isn't that supposed to be how mages work? We are clothies and we really are not supposed to have a warrior or DK devouring our HP. As you can tell, most of the complaints are coming from melee.. but at the same time, lets see what you guys got this expansion.

Let's put warrior in this example:

Ways to get in the face of a mage - charge, intercept and now a leap.. 3 different opportunities to tear me a new hole. Sure, I can have my ice barrier stop one.. frost nova another, cone of cold another.. easy peasy right? Not really, Warriors that are doing all the complaining need to learn to play.

A good warrior sees a deep freeze coming and pops reflect.. a good warrior changes stances .. a good warrior doesn't try to LOLBURST when in a mages face and hamstrings instead. When does a mage have time to stop cast a frostbolt? Hardly ever... especially with a warrior. Sure, I can kill a good amount of warriors.. but I cannot kill a really good one.

Ice lance is not 3-shotting you guys - shut up with the stupid threads about it. At maximum, I have had a shatter combo of about 45k if RNG is my friend and I actually crit.. maximum of 1 frostbolt and 2 icelances(or 1 FF/IL) and thats IF they dont trinket out of deepfreeze. Sure, that is a good chunk of health.. but the average is 100-125k HP now... What are you complaining about?

Every season, someone needs to complain about the class they are not playing because that said class killed them and gave them a WTF face(ya know, the ones that got owned because they are bad.. lay there and dont release while they eyeball the combat log and whine?). Mages are not the only powerful class now. A GOOD warlock can demolish a mage any day too - and they have just as much control as we do.

Sure, Im not the best mage in the world and I never post on forums(it has been 2 years since).. but seeing all the butthurts complaining about mages is really getting out of hand. I have played many seasons of arena and BG's for many years with many different classes.. every season requires thought of each class to determine weakness and gaps in the best players of arena and BG's.

TLDR?: Quit whinning.. stop and think about the gaps each class has in PVP and actually spend time creating a tactic to overcome why people are afraid of said class.

As far as I can tell (with any class complaint).. every thread I see just says "i got owned because I am lazy and dont want to improve my playstyle in anyway.. plz carry me, someone.. or blizz buff my class nerf everyone else"

See you guys in the battlefield :)

Tierya

lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]