[A] <Lunacy> Is Recruiting for Rated BGs

85 Worgen Druid
Hey, folks. Lilume here (race change, and a resulting name change because I dislike the female worgen model).

I'm sure some of you have wondered what happened to <Lunacy> over the past year. We were the top raiding guild on the server from SSC on through heroic Ulduar, afterall. Well, this (and the recruitment thread for our Australian 10-man raid) should give you some idea.

Ever since WoW was released, I've wanted a competitive BG system that leans on the side of skill instead of time. And this was something WoW didn't have. Until now. With the release of the new Rated BG System in Cataclysm, I can now participate in and lead something I've wanted for six years. With the release of this system, I've decided to set up an RBG team within <Lunacy>.

The goal here is to eventually be competitive at high levels and capable of obtaining Grand Marshal for our most dedicated and skilled members of the team. This is no easy task for a guild that's on a notably weaker realm in terms of PvP. But need I remind you that the realm failed to clear Naxxramas in vanilla, and then stepped up to have two guilds (almost three) successfully clear SWP prior to 3.0, of which <Lunacy> was the first.

Nothing is impossible. It just takes time. And I know skilled players are out there somewhere. You just have to find them. And I've already got several who are interested in the team, including most of the server's only Gladiators from the TBC era.

But we need more skilled players. And I'll be looking for these people over the course of the next several weeks.

With that said, let me announce that we will be taking applications to join the team starting now. In this initial push, we will be prioritizing people who have achieved a high arena rating, preferably good enough to have obtained the rank of Gladiator. Once we've exhausted that search (over the course of a week or two), I will then begin considering applications from other people.

(Much like with our raid in its beginnings, I didn't require raid experience, and the same will ultimately apply as we build the rated BG team. As long as the trialling process is rigorous, you can find skilled players, even if they don't have a proven track record. However, admittedly, a proven track record is a huge plus and saves us the time of having to ensure a person's skill.)

The team will begin seriously running on the 27th of this month. I'd do it earlier, but the Christmas season always wreaks havoc on WoW scheduling. On that day, we will be doing a serious session of rated BGs.

From then on, however, we will be operating on a regular schedule. This schedule will be Monday through Thursday, from 7 to 10PM server time.

Trials will be done Monday and Tuesday, the days on which will be doing more relaxed BG sessions with alts, trials, casuals, fill-ins, etc.

Serious runs will be done on Wednesday and Thursday, avoiding the chaos of patch days, and preventing us from being rusty after three days of rest on Monday.

This process of trialling will be rigorous, to ensure a player's skill with their chosen main and their ability to operate in a competitive environment. Once a person has passed their trial, they will be guilded and ranked as a recruit of the team. During the recruit phase, we will see if the player can maintain their previous qualities, and if they are capable of operating as an acceptable human being. The trial and recruit phase will last an indefinite amount of time, until we're sure a person has either failed or passed each phase.

To read more information and the complete rules for the team, please read this portion of our web site:
http://www.lunacy-guild.net/information/information-rated-bg-team/

To read about how to apply and the basic requirements of applying, please read this post on our forums:
http://www.lunacy-guild.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=945
Edited by Grimhel on 12/15/2010 6:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Bump.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Do we have to be in the guild to join the team? I wouldnt mind getting a holy set up to pvp decently as a paladin with how ret and prot are.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Considering guild achievements are a factor with PvP now, I'd say yes. But, I'd talk to Grimhel to be certain on that one :P
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Sounds great and all but I disagree with people thinking that others having a high arena rating makes them exceptional, it doesnt imo. BG's are completely different than arena which is in a small contained area not having to worry about dealing with getting jumped by a mob of the opposing team...eh anyway I bg pvp'd most my time on here avoiding arena until late last season and now the start of 9, bla bla anyway I would consider a change over if accepted after you go through your initial recruitment of Glads and high rated arena players :P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
You are still welcome to apply. I'm not certain on how Grimhel is prioritizing recruits based on past records as of yet, but I know he's considering people with proven track records above others (unless he knows them, and they are an alt, etc.) first.

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
12/18/2010 1:41 PMPosted by Shankinyobak
Sounds great and all but I disagree with people thinking that others having a high arena rating makes them exceptional, it doesnt imo. BG's are completely different than arena which is in a small contained area not having to worry about dealing with getting jumped by a mob of the opposing team...eh anyway I bg pvp'd most my time on here avoiding arena until late last season and now the start of 9, bla bla anyway I would consider a change over if accepted after you go through your initial recruitment of Glads and high rated arena players :P

A high arena rating is a general sign of competence. And if you were the top team in your comp, that says something. Which is why it's profitable to at least try to recruit such people, as it makes it easier to build your team when you have a core that's proven (and we have the start of one).

I am aware some great players never achieved high ratings, simply because they didn't have the time, got the short of the stick in terms of teammates, or because they simply disliked arenas over BGs. But then you're also likely to get people who don't have a clue what they're doing in that crowd, as well. And I'd rather try to filter them out early, instead of building the rest of the team sifting through such people.

Once it's clear that pool is exhausted, we resort to sifting.

This is how our original raid was built. Most people should know the success that came from that.
Edited by Grimhel on 12/18/2010 11:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
12/18/2010 10:28 PMPosted by Grimhel

A high arena rating is a general sign of competence. And if you were the top team in your comp, that says something. Which is why it's profitable to at least try to recruit such people, as it makes it easier to build your team when you have a core that's proven (and we have the start of one).

I am aware some great players never achieved high ratings, simply because they didn't have the time, got the short of the stick in terms of teammates, or because they simply disliked arenas over BGs. But then you're also likely to get people who don't have a clue what they're doing in that crowd, as well. And I'd rather try to filter them out early, instead of building the rest of the team sifting through such people.

Once it's clear that pool is exhausted, we resort to sifting.

This is how our original raid was built. Most people should know the success that came from that.

Completely understandable then ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]