(Proposal) Fix ToR - Give LoD a CD instead

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I do not like what has happened to tower of radiance at all, I do not think that the decision to remove holy light generating holy power via healing the beacon of light target was the best decision that could have been made.

Here is what I propose;

Give back holy light with tower of radiance and put a cooldown on light of dawn. I was thinking maybe around a 10 second cooldown while still consuming holy power.

By doing this, you will not have Holy Paladins ignoring Word of Glory anymore because you can no longer spam Light of Dawn due to its cooldown. If people still feel that paladins still are much too mana effecient then further tweak mana costs of certain spells, maybe increasing the mana cost of holy shock a bit.

Feel free to build on what I have posted - I really hope that this current hotfix does not stay live.
Edited by Aariya on 12/14/2010 5:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
62 Human Paladin
Agreed.

But don't get your hopes up. I don't expect them to listen. You could have the most brilliant idea, but they will never implement it. Blizzard has too much pride. For the most part, they never take suggestions from their players seriously. They like to do things their own way.

Every time Blizzard does something ridiculous like hotfix ninja nerf without warning, I lose so much respect for them. It's at a point where the only reason why I play this game currently is because I haven't found anything better to do yet. But when I do find one...
Edited by Illumina on 12/14/2010 5:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
fix ToR so it has a set % chance to give 1 charge on any heal or a 100% chance on any healing crit to give 1 holy power/, add a cd to light of dawn while keeping it on holy power,
Reply Quote
2 Human Paladin
PLEASE LIKE THIS THREAD GUYS

Press the like button, we need all holy paladins to get behind this change.

The ToR nerf is hitting us hard in heroics and the first raid boss I just tried

I SUPPORT A CD on LoD and holy light generating HP again. This will fulfill Blizzard's aim of getting us to use WoG more which to be honest we won't at all now that we can't generate HP decently enough

/signed
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
I agree
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Are you sure this is intentional ? I've read several people saying it is, but its completely unannounced to my knowledge.

Also, the talent for ToR still says the same thing : Healing the target of your Beacon of Light with Flash of Light, Holy Light, and Divine Light has a 100% chance of generating a charge of holy power.

Seems like a bug, unless they announced it somewhere.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Posted by Marcusm
Are you sure this is intentional ? I've read several people saying it is, but its completely unannounced to my knowledge.

Also, the talent for ToR still says the same thing : Healing the target of your Beacon of Light with Flash of Light, Holy Light, and Divine Light has a 100% chance of generating a charge of holy power.

Seems like a bug, unless they announced it somewhere.

Im having to lean towards agreeing with this. No offical announcment. I paniced at first like everybody else but without an offical announcment or the talant word changing i feel it may be a bug.
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
Posted by Nancynoheals
<blockquote data-quote="15364255707"><div>Posted by Marcusm</div>Are you sure this is intentional ? I've read several people saying it is, but its completely unannounced to my knowledge.

Seems like a bug, unless they announced it somewhere.</blockquote>

Im having to lean towards agreeing with this. No offical announcment. I paniced at first like everybody else but without an offical announcment or the talant word changing i feel it may be a bug.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1532043235?page=4#77
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Changes are intentional, I believe a blue post said before that a tooltip cannot be changed with a hotfix.
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
instead it was becoming the only smart way to play. You can still generate Holy Power by using Flash of Light or Divine Light on a Beaconed target, or through a variety of other ways.

! Blue
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Read the hotfix notes. It's official.

Problem is, I'm not seeing how this makes me want to use WoG more. Still rather get the top off, our measly mastery, and the splash on the beacon than use WoG. WoG is just weak...way too weak, that's the problem about why people aren't using it. Not that LoD was overwhelming, just WoG just plain sucks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]