Hi rets any room for us Holys there with you?

2 Human Paladin
We too just got beaten TO THE GROUND with the nerf bat. I was wondering if there was any room in here so that we may begin our QQ threads. I know you are doing such a good job on your part but if we could negotiate some space for ourselves until holy is fixed it would be much appreciated.

Thankyou
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Sure,my mom said we could order a pizza!
Reply Quote
80 Human Mage
yup pallies are so weak now in pve (holy, ret) dont even start on PVP lol thats why im playing my Mage now gagagag bye u pink power rangers
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
The problem is the change in intended plays-style combined with the insanity of heroics and the overall slowing down of healing for all classes. We were supposed to have our monopoly on single target tanking broken up and replaced with more group orientated abilities. That's been somewhat the case with a large amount of room for improvement.

The big problems are:

1) We're not used to the play-style

2) Healing really isn't what it used to be. There are now consequences for casting huge heals end on end (namely going OOM)

3) We have far less bang for our buck with said heals.

The last two were entirely intended to slow down WoW to a more relaxed pace. For whatever reason, dungeons went the opposite direction, which makes for a tremendous margin of insanity. I'm sure a few tweaks here and there will set things (mostly) right.

Give it a month or two, I'm sure something will be worked out. We're only in the second week after all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the recent game changes. I'm just trying to keep things in perspective

Edit: You think we have it bad, take a walk on over to the Priest thread D:
Edited by Angorea on 12/14/2010 6:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i am just Really sad because i lvled my holy pally 1st because i have loved healing since vanilla not because it was easy i just all ways made it a challenge for me such as healing raids with as little help from other healers as possible and anything else i could pull outa my this is to easy pocket of tricks.....but now its just stupid...Cata isnt harder they just make u think it is because healing is RETARDED.....
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, I'm just not happy with healing as a whole. I was never found of druid healing, but loved my priest and paladin.

Now, my two favorite healing classes (and my two mains) are just frustrating now.

I haven't had a problem with holy healing yet with the changes, but I'm still shy of 85. Oh well, back to tanking I guess.
Reply Quote

I laughed pretty hard.

But yeah, seats are open, invite your friends!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
going OOM with my holy pally is the biggest problem, i mean my 70k mana is going to zero in a few FoLs.... i love playing this pally, and i really dont want to sit him on the shelf (plus i have no tank gear >.>) if anyone has an idea on how to better our healing again, please raise your hand!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
no point in bring a pally to a raid, no aeo heals that are worth any thing and a low end tank healer. And ret or other classes can take our buffs. going to be fun warming the bench.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/14/2010 6:03 PMPosted by Xavierl

Sounds good to me! Can we have ham and bacon on it?

12/14/2010 6:15 PMPosted by Azmariah
yup pallies are so weak now in pve (holy, ret) dont even start on PVP lol thats why im playing my Mage now gagagag bye u pink power rangers

Our pink pteradactyl dinozords have like totally awesome stereos, so you're just jealous.

12/14/2010 7:40 PMPosted by Ultiorcslaye
no point in bring a pally to a raid, no aeo heals that are worth any thing and a low end tank healer. And ret or other classes can take our buffs. going to be fun warming the bench.

We can still cheer from the sidelines and provide amusement, like a jester performing for a royal court! :D

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i can see how Ret was france in WWII and then you have britain (holy) getting the beat down now and over in the corner sitting there sipping a slurpy with sunglasses on is America (Prot) just saying "Not my problem :D :D :D"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
NO DICE.

You holy mofos never back up our ret complaints, diaf :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Posted by Fulgal
NO DICE.

Huh, and people say maturity on the internet doesn't exist...
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
NO DICE.

I would have to agree that holy/prot rarely support rets but still....
Edited by Tedst on 12/14/2010 8:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
I would have to agree that holy/prot rarely support rets but still....

But still?

They've never supported us. They can stay here but the moment they get enough to afford their own place they can gtfo. :3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I was being facetious, but not without some level of truth.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
just keep the caterwauling down while you're sitting on the sidelines, some of us are trying to learn how to use what we've been given and actually play the game and all the noise you guys are making is distracting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Third post of this, hopefully it might reach the eyes of some over at blizzard:

The problem with the holy paladin build was that they were too mana efficient because light of dawn hit raids like a truck. Their solution was to not only bring down the base healing of light of dawn by 40% by also eliminate the way that we build light of dawn to be used quickly.

I think they took a horrible approach to this entire process.

The big part of the fun of playing as a paladin healer is that it was building a rotation and you worked to keep the rotation. Holy shock, holy light, holy light, Word of glory for tank healing. I actually did not use Light of Dawn very much because I enjoyed the 30% chance to get back those points and typically only 2 or 3 people needed healing anyway. So I felt I was smart healing. As another poster stated, by making the changes they have made I find myself not casting holy light at all.

The only purpose to casting holy light before was because it was a mana efficient move that generated holy power. I didn't even care about the fact that it healed because you never really noticed it anyway, what's a 10k heal going to help on a 150k tank? HOWEVER, it was really nice to see when your rotation was working their hp would steadily STEADILY increase, it pretty much matched the damage incoming in most situations. Without the generation of holy power from holy light, I don't ever find myself casting it. Its a 2 second cast that hits like a pebble. I definitely don't have 2 seconds in any fight to cast such a low power spell.

All that needed to be done was a nice huge nerf to light of dawn. The entire concept behind holy pally was supposed to be healing throughput rather than AoE and HoT spells and that has been severly limited by allowing us to only generate a full 3 stack of holy power every 18 sec without using HUGE spells like Light of dawn or Flash of light.

I enjoyed the rotation, it was fun, made me feel like I was doing something exciting. When something came up and messed with the rotation I would adapt, much like a dps class. Don't get rid of the rotation, change it back and make the spells more expensive and weaker or something, just don't take away the fun from the class.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
if i see you paste that post into another thread one more time...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]