Healing is no longer fun

85 Tauren Druid
OP, you are right on the money. Why does healing have to be stressful now and why does it feel like such a chore? The fun, comic relief of this game (/dancing in treeform in my case) has been replaced by an OH #*## button that Blizzard calls a shapeshift. Fact of the matter is, I find myself saying OH #*## more often than I'd like because people just aren't being attentive or learning mechanics and this is simply unavoidable if using the LFG system.
As a result, I feel discouraged and really don't enjoy my role in the party.

Can we implement some sort of re-education program to DPS classes that join a group, stand in the fire, then call YOU bad? Sorry we can't faceroll and win anymore.
I am considering playing one of my DPS toons instead, just to remember what it is like to have fun in a dungeon again.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Exactly what I'm thinking. Actually, I'm holy since I started this toon during BC and never went into any other spec. I lvled Holy andNever did anything else then healing. Actually, what I'm about to say,is the ''Same'' for every healing class right now. (I also Tried 85 resto druid and Holy Priest) Healing is nothing close to be fun. I have to 'melee' Thanks for the Hit Cap holy Spec Blizz, to get some Holy Power, I have to find with the melee Dps. I have to spam Judgement+Crusader Strike, which is 2 GCD wasted every 6-8 sec. I can't keep my tank up with just holy light spamming. I can't keep my group up with holy radiance and FoL Spam. But yeah, I can keep my tank up with DL Spam, Welcome OOM in 20 Sec. I seriously have no clue on how to heal atm, I'm trying, trying and trying harder,just ain't finding any viable way to heal. I'm exhausted, healing is HYPER stressful now, my feet are shaking, my hands are also shaking and my heart beat like mad and I still can't help it, my healing sucks. I'm not someone that cry about nerf normally. I'm not crying about this nerf, I'm crying about ALL healing overall. And, There's nothing worst then reading Blizz Blue Post telling me, Healing is now working FINE. If that's the way you want me to heal, then f*** that up, I want to have fun and have the thrill to keep my group alive, not to stress my life out and get @#@* on by all my groups members.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Posted by Vrksasana
OP, you are right on the money. Why does healing have to be stressful now and why does it feel like such a chore? The fun, comic relief of this game (/dancing in treeform in my case) has been replaced by an OH #*## button that Blizzard calls a shapeshift. Fact of the matter is, I find myself saying OH #*## more often than I'd like because people just aren't being attentive or learning mechanics and this is simply unavoidable if using the LFG system.As a result, I feel discouraged and really don't enjoy my role in the party.Can we implement some sort of re-education program to DPS classes that join a group, stand in the fire, then call YOU bad? Sorry we can't faceroll and win anymore.
I am considering playing one of my DPS toons instead, just to remember what it is like to have fun in a dungeon again.

Exactly! Exactly what I think! I'm just gonna rock Dps on my pally and pray that somethings better happen to us healer.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
fun or not, easy or difficult I just really hate the word "triage" am I the only person who feels this way?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Healing for me is as fun as its ever been! Im not sorry it isnt faceroll easy anymore. I feel much more accomplished after healing a heroic now than i ever did in WOTLK cause i had to work and sweat and focus on what im doing. I think the reason healing might be a problem for some is that Pugs are so horrible now a days. Playing with good people make all the difference!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Posted by Kittysox
fun or not, easy or difficult I just really hate the word "triage" am I the only person who feels this way?

I hate the word and the concept.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/14/2010 8:52 PMPosted by Healsploxx
Healing for me is as fun as its ever been! Im not sorry it isnt faceroll easy anymore. I feel much more accomplished after healing a heroic now than i ever did in WOTLK cause i had to work and sweat and focus on what im doing. I think the reason healing might be a problem for some is that Pugs are so horrible now a days. Playing with good people make all the difference!

Did you really name your toon Healsploxx?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
yep. Original i know
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Mage
I agree with the original post. I've been healing for 6 years and with the Cata changes (and changes today for Pallies) it is not fun.

Granted, I just started doing heroics a couple days ago and half my gear is heroic gear, two pieces are from JPs, one epic from rep and the rest regular gear, average iLevel is somwhere around 350. So it's early in the game, Cata just came out, and there's a lot of upgrades still needed. However...

Even in regular runs (4 decently geared players running a lower guildie through HoO for example), it is a stressful job as a healer. There is virtually no downtime. If I look away to answer a question from my kids for 5 seconds and look back, I have to play catch up. The big heals crit for 35k, so in order to catch up I'm dropping off 6 of those. Then oh noes mana's out, gotta pop a CD.

It's just so stressful like you have to be glued completely to the monitor pressing the heal buttons. The heals don't hit large enough for the huge amounts of health that people have, so recovering from a second or two of looking away is a pure nightmare. Sure, I should be playing the game and not trying to watch tv, but kids are kids...

I'm looking at the upgrades, and having a little bit of doubts. I'm really hoping that some things get tweaked and in high hopes that maybe the raid gear will help out, but as it is now, just trying to goof off in a lowbie run is still a chore!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I have to agree with the OP, I really learned to love healing in the last xpac...and don't get me wrong, I don't mind relearning class mechanics, I've done that with my paladin and my hunter enough times. I just really hate what they've done to healing in this expansion.

I don't find it a very rewarding role anymore.
Reply Quote
Blizzard has adopted the "fun=fight your mechanics and resources" policy, rather than fight your environment. There are going to be some who find that fun. I do not. I like my skills to be reliable and there when I need them. Kind the point of having a skill, to me, is because i like to use it. Not maybe if it procs, not fighting for resources.

Maybe some have complained about things being too easy... and I honestly don't mind adding some challenge, but obviously people liked what they were playing, or they wouldn't have been playing it. I defenitely didn't see anyone complaining about healing. So why, on EARTH, would you turn it upside down like this? It's not just healing either. A good deal of fundamentals all across wow are getting pulled apart, all in the name of making it more challenging. Well there can be a fine line between challenging and just plain pain-in-the-rear. If it's not fun, it defeats the purpose.
Edited by Chezen on 12/14/2010 9:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Troll Shaman
I have been playing since BC, not a vanilla wow player but i do remember the CC days. I agree that WOTLK was way too laid back for some of the more dedicated players but thats why they did heroic raids, to start to add challenges back. When you have a base of a 11 million people and a majority are the casual players that in between families, school, or whatever may be going on, they would come on and relax with a dungeon that didn't take 2 hours to complete. With cata they should have come to a compromise in between giving some casual players the abilities to run a dungeon with some challenge but still have a chance at success while maybe not taking hours to complete. Then instituted a tougher, or harder heroic modes for raids for those hard core players that want the challenge. That's where WOTLK failed was making their heroic raids too easy for their dedicated players. As a healer I took great pride in healing where people didn't die, and we had a fun instance. With cata i feel like I'm continuously playing catch up and with the LFG system I'm running with people that don't care to learn. Its blame the healers till they get tired and leave because the tank over pulls four groups. Then I spend another 16-56 minutes in queue looking for a tank who wants to try tanking the new dungeons and we as healers are stuck hoping to god that they know NOT to over pull and use CC and rely on their group. Most of the healers that were my friends on my server have stopped healing all together because its not fun, its a chore now, or too stressful. Honestly with trying to implement a change like this it would have been better to have a patch or two where it was semi nerfed healing instead of a full nerf from the start. Chances are the casuals that stay will end up only running DPS and you will see a lot of healers quit healing.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
just aint fun anymore... its frustrating and a pain...

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
you get nerfed for 8 hrs and u wanna quit the game...welcome to being the exact same as other healers now. QQ more pally.
Reply Quote
81 Tauren Paladin
12/14/2010 7:12 PMPosted by Roreoka
This is getting old. WTH do you want Blizzard to do about it?

Uh, make it fun, like they said they would? durr..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Since the definition of Fun is so subjective, you have to decide at what point in this games history was healing fun to you.

One you decide that, then you can suggest creative feedback.
Or just buy a controlling share in Activision's Stock and force them to change the game to your liking.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]