Holy Paladins will forgive ya!

85 Dwarf Paladin
I think that many Holy Paladin players will understand if you just say "We decided this change was better handled by doing X." and make the change. We won't hold it against you. Well, I am sure some will, but most will be thankful you just decided to do the right thing in the end.

Really, admit it was a poor decision and make the proper changes. It can wait till a patch but please, do the right thing here and don't leave it like this.

Holy Light must be a part of Beacon healing. It is essential for how the spec plays, it is a part of our Holy Power mechanics, a core part of our class. This change destroys Holy Power use for Holy Paladins.

We will forgive ya Blizzard, please just do the right thing here or you're going to have a lot of us that won't forget this negative change for a long time. The sooner the better.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
12/15/2010 1:14 AMPosted by Powêrwordhug
The reason a lot of people are going to hold grudges is that this is a play-style breaking change, and it was unannounced until we realized what was going on mid raid.

Yes and I actually was two pulls into a heroic myself when I noticed and thought there was some kind of bug going on.

That's still not so bad though, I am already over that. I just don't want to play this way. I loved the way our three different sized and styled heals worked with Beacon healing, letting us choose but still incorporating our Holy Power into all three.

I may have to level my Warrior or something. I'm really very sad about that. :(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I wouldn't forgive them because they were warned that this was going to happen during beta and they've done this hotfix nerf stuff before. They apologize for leaving holy paladin the way there were in wotlk, then set up themselves up for the same mistakes again. Not that it matters, apologies change nothing and we're unlikely to receive one anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Some players have battered wife syndrome with Blizzard to such a degree that it almost makes me vomit.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree it felt right to have Holy Light work with ToR but i also agree it was very efficient. If they want to balance classes that's cool even if it means we take a hit but maybe find another way to balance. Raising the cost of HL or making HL a chance to proc would have been better imo. I really wouldn't have cared for the LoD hit if we could maintain our HP generation somewhat.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
12/15/2010 1:24 AMPosted by Wasselin
Not that it matters, apologies change nothing and we're unlikely to receive one anyway.

Reverting the changes and making better ones is apology enough for me. I'll forgive if they just do that one thing for us. That's all I want.
12/15/2010 1:30 AMPosted by Amberlamps
I agree it felt right to have Holy Light work with ToR but i also agree it was very efficient. If they want to balance classes that's cool even if it means we take a hit but maybe find another way to balance. Raising the cost of HL or making HL a chance to proc would have been better imo. I really wouldn't have cared for the LoD hit if we could maintain our HP generation somewhat.

I think the best way is to keep LoD as it was, have Beacon only recieve 25% of LoD's healing, and reduce the effects of all Holy Power heals accross the board by a percentage (say 15-20%) for Holy Paladins.

This deals with LoD being more potent than WoG and the reduction in both of their healing overall means that while HP is still an essential portion of our efficiency and plays identically it no longer has as much impact as before on our output. Reducing our output from the source issue (HP heals) forces us to use our expensive heals more often in order to keep people alive.
Edited by Rabel on 12/15/2010 1:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The game is fun. No problems here. Move along.
Edited by Omèn on 12/27/2010 10:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/15/2010 1:42 AMPosted by Omèn
I'm not forgiving blizz. Their games suck. Starcraft is garbage. This is the one game they made that I liked and they screwed me for it. They obviously cater to challenge and not fun. I'm ok with having a challenge, but when you sacrifice fun for challenge, you're doing it wrong.

Back when everyone was saying that blizz catered to casuals too much they decided to change it. they did now people say this. Screwed both ways i guess
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Back when everyone was saying that blizz catered to casuals too much they decided to change it. they did now people say this. Screwed both ways i guess

No, they changed it and holy paladins were good. Maybe a small nerf to a few things so we weren't OP. Then they changed it, nerfed us to the ground, and made healing hella NOT fun.
Edited by Omèn on 12/15/2010 2:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Posted by Omèn

No, they changed it and holy paladins were good. Maybe a small nerf to a few things so we weren't OP. Then they changed it, nerfed us to the ground, and made healing hella NOT fun.

I have little raid experience so i can't imagine how it would work there but im having more fun CS spamming and getting back a mana bars worth with melee swings than i was before. Not near as efficient or clean cut but it makes for an engaging experience none the less.

I hope they decide to change us a different way but gotta deal with the hand we have for the moment
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Paladin
The best part is how wildly inconsistent they've been with how integral they seem to want HoPo to be to the playstyle. Flip-flopping back and forth on such a huge issue really doesn't give the appearance that they have a clear design goal that is both balanced and engaging.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
im having more fun CS spamming and getting back a mana bars worth with melee swings than i was before.

I don't like the CS + HS style. There's just not much space for actual thought when you have a 4.5 sec (CS), 6 sec (HS), and 8 sec (Judge) cooldown that you want to use while also throwing a free 3-point holy power heal every 8 or 9 seconds.

I really liked the old play style. It had a lot of thought about what was the best course of action, even though it was pretty overpowered. Hopefully Blizzard can figure out how to restore that feel of healing while keeping the mana and healing output where they should be.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
My problem is this seems more like a kneejerk reaction than anything. Cata has been out for just a week, raids have been going on for the past5 days at least.

Blizz isn't in on Sat/SUn, so three days just doesn't seem like like enough time to develop a well thought out solution to this, so they went the route they did as it was the easiest.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
If its a balance issue could you just change the mechanics around so Light of Dawn just uses mana again with a cool down like holy shock, or use a cast time. Maybe have Tower of Radiance generate holy power and your Inquisition also grant a short term buff to your direct heals for X/Y/Z percent.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Isn't it amazing how they forced the Holy Power change on us and then when we decide we like it, they decide to take away half the ways to be able to get it? Too bad I can't get my 40 bucks back.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This change is really upsetting, I was having a blast with how Holy played before yesterday. It felt challenging, but if you played well, the spec was incredibly fun.

Since the hotfix I find myself having trouble keeping people up in heroics without going OOM in seconds. How do they expect us to actually generate holy power now? Flash and Divine are so expensive that using them with the goal of HP generation is just painful, and I find that I can't afford to wait for 3 HP generated from Holy Shock before I need to use it.

They took a fun spec that actually had good flow and sync with the talents, something Holy has NEVER had, and trashed it.

Very disappointing.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/15/2010 3:49 AMPosted by Moradìm
if holy paladins have to use crusader strike to generate hp more effectively, druids should have to use mangle before they can cast rejuv on a target.

It's not more effective. Crusader Strike gives you one point of Holy Power for 10% of your base mana. You could have generally used that mana better to just cast Holy Light (9% of base mana).

The only reason it might be more effective is that in a raid you'd be using this as part of a HP factory to STILL spam LoD as rapidly as possible. If that's possible, Blizzard will just nerf LoD again. I wouldn't get used to the playstyle if that's what you're doing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]