Feeds Here > Activity / Roster / RealmStatus

100 Troll Shaman
Thanks so much! This is great stuff!

Any possibility of having the XML formated into RSS format? I imagine it would not be very difficult to do as you already provide an XML interface...
Edited by Wolftusk on 12/23/2010 12:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
hi,

I am new to websites and wanted to add a feed of guild achievements to our site. I see that your website generates a feed of some sort but where do I go from there? Any burner i put the generated URL into just throws a fit so how would i display the information like you have done for your guild site? Thanks!

www.Ravenwolfguild.net
Edited by Vestige on 12/26/2010 1:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
I'll look at setting up an RSS feed from the XML base. Also, About to implement a nub version of the feeds. Where you simply include a raw html table version of it in your site and can customize it via CSS tags.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Any chance you can add in each guild member's guild reputation in the guild feed? Would make my life SO much easier.. And be pretty cool.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Spoke with him last night about some plans and to reassure myself that he wouldn't be dropping this project any time soon since blizzard won't be providing XML or Json feeds no earlier than the first quarter(quoted by a blue, who also said don't hold him to that :-)) and he seems to be dedicated to maintaining and improving his current feeds. Because of this I chose to use his feed and it's working quite nicely. I re-did my guild website last night adding this feature, you can check it out at http://im.deathwillow.com

Nice work Axho, saved a lot of people a lot of time and appreciate you taking the time to speak with me and give me a heads up on your future plans. Good luck with it and am looking forward to seeing the results.

On a side note, since I can't send private messages: You've got a typo on your JSon example. Currently you say it returns "numbId": "56537" when it actually returns numId :)
Edited by Delilya on 12/30/2010 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Alright, I'm a noob.

How do I get the feed to work with a widget in Vbulliten? Theres no option for XML, i'm assuming the only way to get it to work is write up a code? Anyone got some easy ideas :)
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Death Knight
Guess im going to have to wait for the noob stuff too. I've figured out how to format XML using XSLT over at the w3schools site, I just don't understand how to specify/determine/combine the source (the XML URL) to the style and then combine all of the above to place into a Drupal block.

Will look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow and see if something clicks.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Ok, just an update. Since Xmas and New Years holiday's are over. I have fixed an issue with the Guild Activity XML feed. Guild related achievements within the XML feed was attempting to returning a character name (duh).. So it's been fixed and is now returning correctly the Guild Name for the guild achievement and not looking for a character name. The JSON feed was not affected by this.

Also, a big update. I have been receiving many email requests with in-experienced coders not knowing how to implement XML and JSON. So I have released an addition output value called "HTML".

You can now output a feed as a raw HTML table that you can simply include on your website. I added in custom CSS classes to various fields within the table so from your end you can simply use the CSS class names I have specified in the HTML feed to colour / style the feed how you wish. Of course you do not have ultimate flexibility using the HTML feed over an XML or JSON feed, but you can at least have something now :)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
12/29/2010 6:46 PMPosted by Ruach
Any chance you can add in each guild member's guild reputation in the guild feed? Would make my life SO much easier.. And be pretty cool.

this is currently in the works as well as a guild profession list.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
On a side note, since I can't send private messages: You've got a typo on your JSon example. Currently you say it returns "numbId": "56537" when it actually returns numId :)

Thanks for pointing this out. It's been fixed and now shows "numId" :)

Also, I'd like to draw attention to those using Word Press and/or have an Android phone. A few people are using my feeds and have developed a Word Press realm status widget. you can find this widget here:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wow-server-status-widget/

And the Android Realm Status app can be found here:

http://uk.androlib.com/android.application.org-tools-realmstatus-zpz.aspx

I also am aware that 3 different Realm Status apps from the Apple app store are also now using the realm status feed's also.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
A new feed has been added. Service Status.

http://wowfeeds.wipeitau.com
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Updated the feeds and added some extra error handling features.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Any chance of giving us noobs some code to make a widget for VBulliten?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Axho, thanks so much for this feed! Everything works great!

I noticed alot of people having some issues with this feed, I created a tutorial for it, you can find it here

http://blog.divergencehosting.com/2011/01/13/parsing-axhos-wow-world-of-warcraft-json-feed-with-php/

Basically I showed how to use PHP to parse the JSON and display the basic information. Should help people be able to customize their stream a little bit more. Feel free to ask me if you have questions.

(tutorial only covers Guild Activity feed)
Edited by Jameak on 1/13/2011 6:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
A few requests came in over the past few days. Of implementing KR locale (Korean).

All feeds have been upgraded and simply by changing the location=KR, the realm status, guild activity and guild roster feeds can be accessed for the Korean based realms / guilds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Axho, good work. Very nice. I was wondering how you managed to do this as I was trying to get the reputation data for everyone in the guild so we know what we are missing for the achievement.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
01/14/2011 10:53 AMPosted by Scurvymage
Axho, good work. Very nice. I was wondering how you managed to do this as I was trying to get the reputation data for everyone in the guild so we know what we are missing for the achievement.

working on a reputation list for the guild roster at current :)
And a profession list!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Greetings everyone.

I have a simple question, well I think it's simple. Does anyone know how to go about updating a OS X Dashboard widget, ie:http://www.skia.net/dev/WoWServerStatus-2.1.zip

These broke after the change and I've not been able to use them since. I know that some of the iPhone apps that were developed are being updated and was wondering if some of the same code could be used to fix these widgets.

Currently all i can find in these widgets is the following.

if(window.widget){
if(i18nString() == "US"){
url = "http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/realmstatus/compat.html?"+(new Date()).getTime();
}else{
url = "http://www.wow-europe.com/en/serverstatus/index.html?"+(new Date()).getTime();

So it might just come down to changing these addresses but I'm not sure.

Thanks
P.S. I'm a code idiot or I'd try it myself. :)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Greetings everyone.

I have a simple question, well I think it's simple. Does anyone know how to go about updating a OS X Dashboard widget, ie:http://www.skia.net/dev/WoWServerStatus-2.1.zip

These broke after the change and I've not been able to use them since. I know that some of the iPhone apps that were developed are being updated and was wondering if some of the same code could be used to fix these widgets.

So it might just come down to changing these addresses but I'm not sure.

Thanks
P.S. I'm a code idiot or I'd try it myself. :)

Of course! you are more than welcome to use the realm status feeds we are providing :)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Another update.

The Guild Activity feed was not parsing "purchased" items. So when calling the Guild Activity feed and say setting a limit of 8, and then it's only showing you 7 instead. Obviously this was a problem. The problem was caused because the "purchased" items were counting as part of the limit, but the data was not being displayed in the feed.

This has now been fixed and "limit" and "purchased" items within the feed now work correctly! :)

*EDIT* The limit is now fixed again as the notes containing "The guild has reached level XX" has been added also.
Edited by Axho on 1/18/2011 5:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]