[Suggestion] Revert Resto Druid Healing Style

80 Tauren Death Knight
Some background:

I loved Resto Druid healing (back in Wrath of the Lich King). It's a lot more active and fun (for me) when compared to other healing classes. You're constantly casting spells, instead of casting one spell and then just standing there doing nothing for 10 seconds.

Also, you get to move around. Being a mobile healer was awesome. You weren't stuck to one spot spamming spells with cast timers.

You could cast other HoTs besides Lifebloom. I'll talk more about this later.

Cataclysm has removed the Resto Druid's active and mobile healing style. Now, you cast a spell and then wait... and wait... and wait... (assuming your tank/group isn't dying). This is very boring and not fun for me at all. I didn't sign up to be a pseudo-Holy Pally. If I had wanted to heal like a Holy Pally, I would have rolled one.

So, here's my suggestion: please revert the Resto Druid's healing style back to the way it was. Let us use all our HoTs. Let us be effective mobile healers again.

Why do I love HoTs? Well, they make Resto Druid healing unique. Let's pretend I'm healing a tank (back in Wrath of the Lich King). I could start off my healing by stacking up Lifeblooms. Is the tank ok? Nope? Then, I'll add a Rejuvenate. How about now? Nope, the tank's hp is still dropping too fast. Then, I'll add a Regrowth. How about now? Nope. Then, I'll add a Swiftmend, or a Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch, or spam Nourishes, or spam Regrowths, or toss in a Wild Growth, or all of the above.

Basically, I could scale my healing very dynamically based on how much damage the tank was taking. I could ramp up and ramp down quite smoothly. There were many choices available to me.

These choices have been removed in Cataclysm. I can still roll Lifeblooms, but if I try using Rejuvenate or Regrowth, I go Out of Mana fast. This makes my healing choices quite limited and it's not very challenging anymore. I don't have to worry about refreshing all my different HoTs anymore.

Possible Solution: please make all our HoTs mana efficient again. If you have to choose one HoT to keep mana inefficient, please make it Regrowth. Punish us if we're spamming Regrowths. Obviously, Blizzard would have to adjust our HPS to match that of other healing classes.

I just want to be able to cast all my HoTs again. And be mobile.

Thanks!

=]
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Wondering what your stats are like or if you're just not tracking the hots very well because I keep rejuv and lb running on my tank near 100% of the time (the times I don't it's cuz he's just not taking enough damage that I care about it). Are you just trying to spam it on every member of the group all the time? Because that WILL hurt your mana.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
it is not boring, it is somewhat crappy, rejuv used to be 18 secs regrowth used to be a worthwhile hot, now regrowth is useless and you spam nourish and HT all day.

They went back to Pre bc druid healing except nourish is a downranked HT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
being able to apply lifebloom to more than 1 target again would be nice too, that'd actually be enough to make druid healing somewhat tolerable again =/
Reply Quote
Posted by Frosthourne
So, here's my suggestion: please revert the Resto Druid's healing style back to the way it was. Let us use all our HoTs. Let us be effective mobile healers again.

Why do I love HoTs? Well, they make Resto Druid healing unique. Let's pretend I'm healing a tank (back in Wrath of the Lich King). I could start off my healing by stacking up Lifeblooms. Is the tank ok? Nope? Then, I'll add a Rejuvenate. How about now? Nope, the tank's hp is still dropping too fast. Then, I'll add a Regrowth. How about now? Nope. Then, I'll add a Swiftmend, or a Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch, or spam Nourishes, or spam Regrowths, or toss in a Wild Growth, or all of the above.

This^^ that's my biggest complaint i dont care if we have mana issue's i care that im not a druid anymore m a sub par paladin
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
12/15/2010 7:43 AMPosted by Nergey
I started my druid late in wotlk and found healing boaring and overpowered. Since the start of cata i have played nothing but my resto druid i find it engaging to play, not just rejuve,regrow,lb rince repeat

Um... What do you use in Cataclysm?

=]
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
So that's what the feeling is... That similarity to my disc priest...

HEAL HEAL

OH $#!%

HEAL HEAL HEAL

...tap foot...

...sigh...

HEAAAAAAALLLLLL

(1 dps down)

HEAL GD-IT HEAL!!! COME ON YOU CAN DOO EET!!! NO REALLY, HEAL YOU STUPID @$$ SPELLS!!!

INNERVATE

MANA POT

TRINKET

...wait, what?

>.>

<.<
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I can heal them.

As of yet, I have not cast Nourish even once.

I spend nearly all boss fights in constant motion as the tank is unable to handle adds, and the dps are not aware adds have spawned.

Nothing has changed, really, on our end.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
We are still mobile healers, resto druid is a lot more engaging now than Wrath. Oh what fun casting Rejuv x5 and wild growth was!

Post on your druid or are you afraid you'll get the same comments everyone else gets: stop wearing cloth, enchant and gem your gear, use the EJ spec.
Edited by Fínn on 12/15/2010 9:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
Nothing has changed, really, on our end.

Um... If you think the style hasn't changed at all, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

=]
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
We are still mobile healers, resto druid is a lot more engaging now than Wrath. Oh what fun casting Rejuv x5 and wild growth was!

Post on your druid or are you afraid you'll get the same comments everyone else gets: stop wearing cloth, enchant and gem your gear, use the EJ spec.

So, what do Resto Druids cast now? Lifeblooms and Nourish spam? Yay... Casting Nourish makes you immobile by the way.

I don't post on my druid because trolls like you will just derail the whole thread with non-relevant comments on my name, hair color, achievement points, etc. All of which has nothing to do with the main point of the thread. The style of Resto Druid healing has changed for the worse (in my opinion) and I'm asking Blizzard to change it back.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think it'd be nice if you had a haste talent or proc for your direct heals. One that didn't suck and wasn't as annoying as nature's grace that is. In their attempt to keep druids the hot class they gave them a (in my opinion) less then desirable mastery and kept a hot on regrowth making it a less effective emergency heal. Then you have no way outside of an extremely irritating mechanic to get haste for your direct heals talent wise even though you have to cast them just as much as anyone else at 85.

Perhaps part of it is they know you can omen proc HT and regrowth so they make up for that unreliable RnG by not giving you direct heal haste?! I duno but when deciding on what to level next I found the haste and direct heal issue annoying myself. Shaman get haste from tidal waves on 2/3 of their hw and ghws at least, while also having a 21 second hot on a 6 sec cd and hot proc chances on all direct heals, and HST isn't that bad when everyone isn't topped off all the time.

Who's the real hot class now?!

Edit: for clarity, riptide is 15 secs, but 21 if you glyph it
Edited by Darlah on 12/15/2010 9:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Posted by Frosthourne

So, what do Resto Druids cast now? Lifeblooms and Nourish spam? Yay... Casting Nourish makes you immobile by the way.

Lifebloom
Rejuv
Swiftmend
Nourish
Healing Touch
Wild Growth
Regrowth
Tranquility

The first five I feel I cast about equally, and WG and RG are about equal. A lot depends on the group makeup, the fight, and the "oops, sorry I screwed up" moments. It's still a hell of a lot more than just "Lifeblooms and Nourish spam"
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I confess I really don't pay attention to my healing breakdown in 5 mans. In raiding we are very diverse in spell selection, and I'm generally getting 60%+ of my healing from HoTs.

From 10 man raiding last night, my breakdowns for three bosses, covering different healing styles:

Halfus Wyrmbreaker: High tank damage, early high raid damage
Healing Touch: 21.3%
Lifebloom: 18.2%
Wild Growth: 16.5%
Rejuvenation: 14.7% + 2.2% for instant heal
Tranquility: 8.6%
Nourish 7.3%
Swiftmend/Effloresence both 3.5%

Valiona/Theralion: High raid damage, low tank damage
Wild Growth: 22.1%
Lifebloom: 20.8%
Rejuvenation: 13.8%+ 2.2% for instant heal (yeah, same between two encounters)
Healing Touch: 12.1%
Nourish: 10.2%
Swiftmend: 5.6%
Tranquility: 5.4%
Efflorescence: 4.3%

Magmaw: High damage in general
Wild Growth: 19.5%
Lifebloom: 17.2%
Healing Touch: 16.3%
Rejuvenation: 12.8% + 2.3% instant heal
Tranquility: 9.2%
Nourish: 6.8%
Efflorescsence: 6.4%
Swiftmend 5%

Full logs are at http://worldoflogs.com/reports/whp60l0ltplkab2e/

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I confess I really don't pay attention to my healing breakdown in 5 mans. In raiding we are very diverse in spell selection, and I'm generally getting 60%+ of my healing from HoTs.

From 10 man raiding last night, my breakdowns for three bosses, covering different healing styles:

Full logs are at http://worldoflogs.com/reports/whp60l0ltplkab2e/

Hmm, maybe I could stand my druid and not be annoyed as badly by a lack of haste on direct heals if you can really get by with those small %s... Would you guess that you cast them a lot more in 5 mans ?
Edited by Darlah on 12/15/2010 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Great post. ^^ Everything in the OP - for priests too, please.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Maybe I should reintroduce Healing Touch to Healbot... without Nature's Swiftness attached... maybe...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I agree that they have gutted druid style. We used to have LB, RJ, and RG to HoT people up with, plus wild growth for AoE. RJ is the same, but LB is single target and the HoT on RG is a joke. That means we have basically RJ and WG on a looooong cooldown for DPS or we have to direct heal. We have enough tools, but the toolbox does not feel like that of a druid. It feels more like a priest.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
Lifebloom
Rejuv
Swiftmend
Nourish
Healing Touch
Wild Growth
Regrowth
Tranquility

The first five I feel I cast about equally, and WG and RG are about equal. A lot depends on the group makeup, the fight, and the "oops, sorry I screwed up" moments. It's still a hell of a lot more than just "Lifeblooms and Nourish spam"

Let's consider your first five: Lifebloom, Rejuv, Swiftmend, Nourish, and Healing Touch.

We'll disregard Lifebloom since I don't have any issues with it.

Rejuv eats up a lot of your mana unless you're well geared. You can't cast rejuvs on multiple people anymore unless you have lots of spare mana.

Swiftmend has a 15 second cooldown. Just saying that for people who don't know. =] I don't have issues with it.

Nourish and Healing Touch have long cast times and this makes you immobile. I'm not a big fan of that.

I guess I can amend my previous statement to say that Resto Druids now heal using "Lifebloom and Nourish/Healing Touch spam with an occasional Rejuv/Swiftmend thrown in." Is that better?

=]
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]