[Suggestion] Revert Resto Druid Healing Style

90 Blood Elf Priest
12/15/2010 9:52 AMPosted by Siobhann
I agree that they have gutted druid style. We used to have LB, RJ, and RG to HoT people up with, plus wild growth for AoE. RJ is the same, but LB is single target and the HoT on RG is a joke. That means we have basically RJ and WG on a looooong cooldown for DPS or we have to direct heal. We have enough tools, but the toolbox does not feel like that of a druid. It feels more like a priest.

No way! Priests - at least in our recent incarnation - were also active, mobile healers. The style we're all stuck in now is more like a nerfed pally.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
12/15/2010 9:40 AMPosted by Arentios
I confess I really don't pay attention to my healing breakdown in 5 mans. In raiding we are very diverse in spell selection, and I'm generally getting 60%+ of my healing from HoTs.

Cool. Thanks for all the info.

I just wish we could get 80%+ healing from our HoTs.

It's just a question of healing style and I miss the one we used to have.

=]
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/15/2010 9:46 AMPosted by Darlah
Hmm, maybe I could stand my druid and not be annoyed as badly by a lack of haste on direct heals if you can really get by with those small %s... Would you guess that you cast them a lot more in 5 mans ?

I definitely cast Nourish a lot more in 5 mans, Wild Growth less and Healing Touch a bit less (filled in with Nourish in both cases). Rejuvenation I'd guess about the same.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Druid healing is just not engaging right now. At times it's stressful, but it doesn't feel *active*

I used to have to watch the health of my entire party and switch targets and really be involved. I know some people called it whack-a-mole and maybe it was, but it made me feel like I had to *pay attention* (when not overgearing the content so all I had to do was hit wildgrowth every six seconds but seriously, overgeared content is overgeared) - I had to shift targets and regrowth one, lifebloom or rejuv another - all based on if the damage had taken place or if they looked like they were going to pull aggro...and be ready with my swiftmend all the time.

Right now, 95% of the time, all of my heals are on the tank. Monitor and refresh the lifebloom as needed, healing touch if s/he's low (I almost never nourish, with the long cast time, I've found it's more efficient to either refresh it via another lifebloom or HT let it bloom), rejuv as needed. If the group is taking aoe damage I cast wildgrowth - on the tank. If the group is taking aoe damage, I hit swiftmend - on the tank. And hope dps is smart enough to go into the green light (I'm playing with guildies right now, so they are). Once in a blue, blue moon, the tank is in great shape and I am fine on mana and I nourish a wild-growthed dps.

When it's massive, massive aoe damage and I just can't catch up, I hit my tranquility. Every once in a while, I pop my glyphed treant form and then yay! I am happy for a few seconds as I wildly toss lifebloom and listen happily for the clearcasting chime. And then it goes away and I am a stupid night elf again.

It's not that it's hard. It's just not that engaging or entertaining. And I can't see how it will scale differently - the more the group gears up, the more it'll be the same, except with less oh-crap-treeform/tranq moments.

On the other hand, I still like healing more than I like any other role. I just don't like it very much and I definitely don't think it's FUN. The encounters are fun. I am loving the heck out of the instances, and the quests were absolutely delightful. But the playstyle is just meh.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
Posted by Miera
Druid healing is just not engaging right now. At times it's stressful, but it doesn't feel *active*

It's not that it's hard. It's just not that engaging or entertaining. And I can't see how it will scale differently - the more the group gears up, the more it'll be the same, except with less oh-crap-treeform/tranq moments.

On the other hand, I still like healing more than I like any other role. I just don't like it very much and I definitely don't think it's FUN. The encounters are fun. I am loving the heck out of the instances, and the quests were absolutely delightful. But the playstyle is just meh.

I agree with everything you wrote.

=]
Reply Quote
[quote="null"]15363464269[/quote]

He said 10 man raids he gets by because he has 2 other healers backing him up

Although my point isn't mana regen, and ive said it many times do lets not get back into that.
so not a answer to my problem so meh don't care about numbers
Edited by Bahska on 12/15/2010 10:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
<blockquote data-quote="15361264512"><div>Posted by Frosthourne</div>
Nothing has changed, really, on our end.

Um... If you think the style hasn't changed at all, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

=]</blockquote>

This Druid is 84. we'll have to see if the poster suddenly returns at 85 with some perspective.
Edited by Raavin on 12/15/2010 10:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
This Druid is 84. we'll have to see if the poster suddenly returns at 85 with some perspective.

LOL

I did notice his level earlier.

But, he is entitled to his opinion and his level doesn't really matter too much. If he thinks it's all still the same, and he's happy, then good for him.

=]
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I completeley agree with Frosthourne, they completeley made druids inefficient healers for cata as of right now. Everyone in a dungeon raid group has 100k+ hp and the only way to top someone off right now fast is with regowth. Topping off at 150k hp tank is hard enough, let alone keep up your dps with 100k., so when your spamming a 6500 mana cost regrwoth to top your group off, you go completeley oom. Nourish and Healing Touch are either too long of a cast time, or dont heal for enough.

In the end, i believe what happened here, was blizzard thought making mana pools larger would be good for us, but having our spells cost 7k mana is completeley ridiculous, hence why we are ooming.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Posted by Squishes
<blockquote data-quote="15361264575"><div>Posted by Frosthourne</div>

So, what do Resto Druids cast now? Lifeblooms and Nourish spam? Yay... Casting Nourish makes you immobile by the way.

</blockquote>

Lifebloom

Rejuv

Swiftmend

Nourish

Healing Touch

Wild Growth

Regrowth

Tranquility

The first five I feel I cast about equally, and WG and RG are about equal. A lot depends on the group makeup, the fight, and the "oops, sorry I screwed up" moments. It's still a hell of a lot more than just "Lifeblooms and Nourish spam"

Theres no way you do that in a boss fight.. if u do that in a boss fight over and over that rotation..

you spend roughly 36k mana for all of that.

So either you have unlimited mana or you're lying.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
In the end, i believe what happened here, was blizzard thought making mana pools larger would be good for us, but having our spells cost 7k mana is completeley ridiculous, hence why we are ooming.

I'm not complaining too much about the OOMing (although it does suck).

I assume I'll go OOM less frequently as my gear improves.

However, my main concern is the new Resto Druid healing style. We're not really supposed to use all our HoTs anymore. Furthermore, we're supposed to use spells with long cast timers more often now. I'm not a big fan of this change.

I liked healing using all of my HoTs. I liked being mobile while healing. Bring these aspects back please!

=]
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
We are supposed to use all our hots. I personally opt not to use Regrowth, but the others are a big factor in healing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Posted by Frosthourne
I guess I can amend my previous statement to say that Resto Druids now heal using "Lifebloom and Nourish/Healing Touch spam with an occasional Rejuv/Swiftmend thrown in." Is that better?

=]
Not really, because it only applies while you're in absolute scrub gear, like say the kind of terrible gear that you'd expect to have in the first week of release after powering through to 85, before you've actually sat down and figured out which instances you need to run in order to get the drops you need to fill out your weak slots to raise your overall gear quality evenly. The kind of gear that, in two months time, we'll be pointing to as the central problem whenever someone pops on the forums and says "people say I'm a terrible healer, I need buffs" and we'll be all "you need gear, l2p."

Once you break the 330 barrier it's more like "Lifebloom, Swiftmend, and Rejuvenation spam with Nourish because it's more efficient than casting Lifebloom to refresh the tank's stack and Healing Touch to take care of bigger bursts and the occasional Wild Growth and Regrowth when appropriate, plus Tranquility for high pressure/accident recovery moments."

So, yeah, you need gear, l2p.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
Once you break the 330 barrier it's more like "Lifebloom, Swiftmend, and Rejuvenation spam with Nourish because it's more efficient than casting Lifebloom to refresh the tank's stack and Healing Touch to take care of bigger bursts and the occasional Wild Growth and Regrowth when appropriate, plus Tranquility for high pressure/accident recovery moments."

So, yeah, you need gear, l2p.

So, what iLevel do I need to have fun healing a normal difficulty dungeon? Is it 330 too?

Seems kinda silly that I need to be overgeared to have fun healing.

<shrug>
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
We are supposed to use all our hots. I personally opt not to use Regrowth, but the others are a big factor in healing.

With the current mana inefficiency of most HoTs, Blizzard is telling us to use HoTs less frequently. They're making us use spells with long cast timers more often now (i.e. Nourish/Healing Touch).

When I signed up for Resto Druid healing, it was because of all the HoTs (and the mobility that comes along with HoT healing), not for Nourish or Healing Touch spam.

=]
Reply Quote
Only problem i have its relatively easy to heal granted every one uses there CC and avoids damage but in a pug how often dose that happen not much in my experience and when **%# hits the fan and everyone needs heals and i all my strong heals take way to long to cast its a little annoying =-/
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
12/15/2010 11:03 AMPosted by Emii
Only problem i have its relatively easy to heal granted every one uses there CC and avoids damage but in a pug how often dose that happen not much in my experience and when **%# hits the fan and everyone needs heals and i all my strong heals take way to long to cast its a little annoying =-/

Everything is easy if everyone knows what they're supposed to do.

Unfortunately, you will not find this in LFG. If you do, go out and buy a lotto ticket.

=]
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I used to love my druid more then anything before. But changes like the ones were experiencing right now completeley turn me off right now. And as far as im concerned we were the most inefficient healers right now.

I agree that we were very OP healers in Wrath, and I have put up with some of the nerfing that we have recieved. But I do beieve this is a little too far. They need to change something fast or else resto druids will be just as rare as they were in BC or Pre BC.

I know it's a little off topic, but god damn give me my Tree Form Back. Ha :)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
@Krystle
"and Rejuvenation spam with Nourish because it's more efficient than casting Lifebloom to refresh the tank's stack"

It's actually not really as mana efficient to keep refreshing your lifeblooms /w nourish as it would be to just refresh it again with another lifebloom... For that matter, I completely spec'd out of empowered touch so that my lifeblooms would actually expire when the tank started taking a lot damage; instead of refreshing when I got to the point of having to spam healing touch... I call it the time-bomb method..

However, I do agree with Miera... Healing has lost its touch so far, at this point it really just isn't fun; more or less its just plain annoying. In WotLK, healing was definitely do-able by any 6 year old kid wearing a helmet, BUT at least it was fun - and by fun I mean you didn't feel useless.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
With the current mana inefficiency of most HoTs, Blizzard is telling us to use HoTs less frequently. They're making us use spells with long cast timers more often now (i.e. Nourish/Healing Touch).

/sigh Rejuv with 5 ticks is more efficient than HT and Nourish. People, please understand your class before you QQ.

If you don't mind, also please post on your druid when you're complaining about druid efficiency.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]