The QQ Train needs to get banned

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Druid
First I want to really express how much I like the expansion. It is awesome. My play had been waning and I can't get enough lately. The questing is much better and I think the new dungeons are all creative and challenging.

What I wanted to talk about is all of the healer QQ. After healing a couple of days, I was starting to see how to heal w the changes to the class and went from being OOM on trash to rarely having to blow my long cooldowns. The changes I found to be really engaging and wanted to see what tips I could get from 85s.

I found an ocean of QQ. Made it difficult to find the tips I was looking for that helped me get to where I am today, providing some tips that allow me to heal even better. I get compliments all the time because I have almost no down time on trash and can heal boss fights with ease. Don't get me wrong, I'm not falling asleep healing like I did in wrath, it is challenging and fun, I just think that people need to really evaluate what each of their spells do and when to use the, otherwise you Will feel weak and like you can't keep ur group up.

I really hope blizzard gets aggressive with the QQ. No one in my guild has a prob with healing and everyone is really digging the expac.
96 Orc Shaman
Lets be honest here....learning to heal @85 is not rocket science. Here's the 2 most important things to remember in order to heal effectively @85 and I'd be willing to bet that you're already aware of them:

1. You can no longer spam big heals
2. Mana regen is once again important

That's really all you need to know for cata healing b/c the majority of the responsibility for staying alive in a group is on the tank & dps (assuming your gear is up to par) to not do something stupid like standing around in a puddle of damage b/c the healer won't be able to sit around dropping big heals on them without going OOM in a short period of time.

If you want tips on healing @85, you might want to consider the Druid class forum as this forum is for discussing healing in general. In general, healing kind of sucks right now b/c it's not up to you as the healer whether a group lives or dies anymore due to the new mana philosophy in relation to the cost of spells.
Edited by Sonoluma on 12/15/2010 8:33 AM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
That's just it. I get it now. I don't want to over simplify the spec, but resto Druid really amounts to taking advantage of OoC. Lifebloom, nourish, wild growth, and swiftmend are all low cost spells that u use when u don't have a clearcast. Most of the time u can wait for a clearcast proc to HT the dps. Any time I hear that someone is going oom using ToL, I know there's a good chance that they don't know the spec's mechanics because it's a pretty amazing mana saver especially in high pressure situations.
85 Troll Shaman
People can complain if they want. They are paying customers. I would instantly unsub if a company told me to shut up.

You must be delusional if you think this would actually happen.

And btw I love healing now, but if it stresses people out, then Blizz shouldn't have given them cake and then took it away. Casuals make a huge part of the player base. Accept it and just ignore the crying threads if you don't like it. You do know there is a search function right?

Just being a voice of reason here.
85 Human Priest
12/15/2010 8:46 AMPosted by Híppy
That's just it. I get it now. I don't want to over simplify the spec, but resto Druid really amounts to taking advantage of OoC. Lifebloom, nourish, wild growth, and swiftmend are all low cost spells that u use when u don't have a clearcast. Most of the time u can wait for a clearcast proc to HT the dps. Any time I hear that someone is going oom using ToL, I know there's a good chance that they don't know the spec's mechanics because it's a pretty amazing mana saver especially in high pressure situations.

No offense but you're not 85 therefore probably have not queued for heroics alone with LFD unless that's an alt. heroics are (were?) a different story, not everyone has a guild that has everyone on, some people have to work and can't spend 3-4 hours pugging heroics Today I don't know if it was a really good PUG or heroics got nerfed but it seemed easier, then again I got SFK
85 Troll Druid
Learn to use GOOGLE.COM theres more then just 1 place you can find info. There are no posting restrictions when it comes to peoples opinion.

If anything they should ban the people putting negative light on the people who are giving feedback.

We pay for this game, so we have a right to post anything we want as long as its not violating ToS.

Thanks for yet another Troll QQ thread.

GJ hypocrite.
85 Human Priest
@op
Lets get to 85 and try healing heroics then complain about healing qqers okay?

To be honest, the qq threads are getting insane. Good suggestion threads regarding healing in heroics are being buried in this back and forth bickering between these "hardcore" and "casuals"
90 Night Elf Druid
OP is right. Level 85 here. I love the challenge that is healing now. Side note, don't paladin healers seem to be above the rest? >.>
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/15/2010 8:55 AMPosted by Revaniz
No offense but you're not 85 therefore probably have not queued for heroics alone with LFD unless that's an alt.

That's the real problem, isn't it? LFD groups. Almost all complaints I hear (aside from people who don't like the new model as a matter of taste, which I can understand -- I think it can be improved upon myself) are related to LFD groups. Not the healing model, but healing a dysfunctional group of four random strangers.

Nothing but trivializing content will fix that, I'm afraid.
85 Night Elf Druid
1. If you read the QQ, a lot of it is 85s complaining about normal dungeons, strength of heals, etc. I can only speak for my class but when I see someone complaining, and has a spec that doesn't include nature's swiftness, I have to wonder if the qq has become this snowball of negativity. Instead of looking at advice when they come here, they see thread after thread of negative posts, and if ur having probs, of course you are going to agree with nay Sayers if that's all u see. Yes, I am 84, but as a Druid, I haven't gained a new ability since lvl 80. I plan to make sure my gear is appropriate for heroics before I run one. I plan to watch help vids before I queue and I'm positive I'll be successful. It's one thing to say "I don't like the changes you made to my class" it's another thing to say "I'm too weak" when so many healers are having success.

ATM healing is the most fun aspect of the game for me. I hope that blizzard becomes a lil more vocal about their intent, the success that healers are having that adapted. In the past, blizzard has done great job of locking the sky is falling threads. It's to the point right now where helpful threads are getting buried. If you're upset, send blizz an email. If something is wrong and you want to show a parse. Post it and suggest some fixes. But the crazy "I'm quitting" threads and "healing sux" threads are simply unhelpful editorials that bury good threads that could get someone struggling with mechanics over.the hump.
85 Troll Druid
double post all the weigh
Edited by Outiluke on 12/15/2010 10:29 AM PST
85 Troll Druid
Get to 85 and heal a heroic, then talk. And NS is useless now, so what's your point on that?

You're 84, haven't stepped foot into a heroic. Why bother making these threads?
Edited by Outiluke on 12/15/2010 10:30 AM PST
100 Tauren Druid
12/15/2010 8:11 AMPosted by Híppy
What I wanted to talk about is all of the healer QQ. After healing a couple of days, I was starting to see how to heal w the changes to the class and went from being OOM on trash to rarely having to blow my long cooldowns. The changes I found to be really engaging and wanted to see what tips I could get from 85s.

Yep not 85 see ya back here in a few days
85 Tauren Druid
[quote="15361265485"]Get to 85 and heal a heroic, then talk. And NS is useless now, so what's your point on that?
[quote]

I've ran specs with and w/o NS and I'd say it's a conditional yet powerful utility if you take advantage of mastery. Great for those "Oh Crap" moments where CC breaks down and adds are running all over the place. With the tank fully hotted (My NS/HT hits 25 - 30 k) it buys you the time to heal a dps with aggro then queue up another heal on the tank after Swift Mend and other spells are on CD instead of watching the tank die during the freakishly long cast times. Even stronger if OoC is up which makes me happy in the pants ^_^.

other thoughts?
73 Blood Elf Priest
12/15/2010 10:23 AMPosted by Híppy
. If you're upset, send blizz an email.

Oh look, the troll is trying to tell me what to do… lol cute.
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm not trolling, there lots of great posts with videos of every class successfully healing heroics getting buried with "tree of life is useless" and "rejuv is too expensive." These guys aren't some geniuses. They are playing the same game in the same gear as you.

I also haven't clue why u would skip an amazing talent like natures swiftness. It's amazing for situations where you need burst healing whether it's on the tank, or off heals for the dps.
85 Tauren Druid
Posted by Nourah
OP is right. Level 85 here. I love the challenge that is healing now. Side note, don't paladin healers seem to be above the rest? >.>

Not any more they got hit with a huge nerf yesterday, now were all on the same level.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]