Facetrolled bot miner? Obvious...

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Dont know if anyone else has noticed. But its getting really annoying seeing Facetrolled bot mining all day and night in Uldam. Alliance, please gank him and camp him if possible. I know several ppl have put in petitions in game over this retard. But its pretty obvious that he is botting.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Haha, I just posted a thread about this too. It's wrong and he's making huge xp and gold from straight cheating. This is not cool.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Totally. Its fools like this that totally screw the economy. Just found another guy out there doing the exact same thing. He must be using the same mod because his character is behaving IDENTICAL to Facetrolled. Nogo, from the guild Anarchy. Neither of them will answer tells. I will say if I knew someone in my guild was doing that it would be instant kick.
Reply Quote
60 Dwarf Paladin
i love you bagahbones
Reply Quote
42 Worgen Warrior
I agree with OP and second poster. It's cheating, and quite lame. It means they're farming loot to put on the AH which then gets sold for massively retarded amounts. And the worst thing is quite alot of bot farmers are isk...I mean gold sellers or accounts of them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
12/18/2010 11:35 PMPosted by Bagahbones
How does botting screw the economy? LOL...i played Star wars galaxies...and id place my guy in a certain aerea killing npcs n looting them just by using a macro when i was not playing...idk why WoW considers this "Cheating" i mean...its not really cheating if the char isnt doing anything bad....i mean hell...i did that all the time on my other game, and it wasent even cheating. it was a MACROOOOOOOOOOOOOO Lawl.

In World of Warcraft, users are licensees rather than owners of the software. Therefore it is against the ToS agreement of said software to bot in this game.

Also, botting violates the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Mainly because World of Warcraft players that agree to the ToSA are licensees and not owners of said software (as stated above). Botting might not be considered "cheating" to you, but it is not acceptable in World of Warcraft because of the DMCA. So yes, it is doing "something bad" if it's violating the rules of a copyrighted game and should ban anyone that attempts or successfully bots in the game.
Edited by Alkii on 1/7/2011 1:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
66 Tauren Paladin
ECS
I macro'd in every game until someone told on me in Horizons and I got in trouble. I didn't even know it was against the rules until then. Haven't done it since. So if I can't do it noone should be able to.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
In World of Warcraft, users are licensees rather than owners of the software. Therefore it is against the ToS agreement of said software to bot in this game.

Also, botting violates the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Mainly because World of Warcraft players that agree to the ToSA are licensees and not owners of said software (as stated above). Botting might not be considered "cheating" to you, but it is not acceptable in World of Warcraft because of the DMCA. So yes, it is doing "something bad" if it's violating the rules of a copyrighted game and should ban anyone that attempts or successfully bots in the game

Bagahbones has been lawyered.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Nogo, from the guild Anarchy. Neither of them will answer tells. I will say if I knew someone in my guild was doing that it would be instant kick.

Issue has been resolved: nogo is no longer a member of Anarchy.

We do not condone, nor do we intentionally support this type of behavior in Anarchy. I apologize for anyone ninja'd by a bot'er under my guild crest.

However, be advised, those farming while not bot'ing in my guild, will steal it from under your mounts wings without a seconds notice alliance or horde, i cannot comment on the individuals behavior, but i can...
/point
/lol

edited for clarity
Edited by Slugo on 2/15/2011 4:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Perdition,

Not answering fools like you that just want to interrupt a mining session does not equal botting.

You have impugned my integrity..enuf said.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Perdition,

Not answering fools like you that just want to interrupt a mining session does not equal botting.

You have impugned my integrity..enuf said.

exactly how concentration does a 'mining session' require that you cant answer a tell?
Edited by Stasy on 3/5/2011 10:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
03/05/2011 10:31 PMPosted by Stasy
exactly how concentration does a 'mining session' require that you cant answer a tell?

Well, I don't talk to strangers when I'm doing pretty much anything, stranger danger. Ignoring others is commonplace in this game.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
How hard is it to say 'I'm not a bot'. Are you that socially challenged that you cant acknowledge someone's existance? Why Stranger Danger, whats the worse they can do? beg you for gold?

Are you a bot? - No im not a bot. EZ.

That said, one wouldnt need to ask anyway, bots are scripts and they are obvious when you watch them. Will bliz care? They gonna ban someone and not accept their monthly payment?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I like the way you Dwarves think.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]