Conquest Points: How do they work?

85 Goblin Hunter
Hey forums, I (and many others I'm sure) am just wondering if anyone has answers to these questions:

Q:I have hit the weekly cap, is that the maximum amount I can have period? (will I have to increase my rating to the appropriate amount in order to even afford <PvP Item>)

A:

Q:What is the conversion rate for Arena/BG Rating -> Weekly Cap Amount?

A:

Q:If I spend them, can I earn them back that week?

A:

If you hit the cap you cannot earn any more conquest points that week. You can spend your points, but you cannot gain any more.
-Cannibal

All info will be edited into the original post for public knowledge, thanks in advance for any information!
Edited by Sniperlemon on 12/15/2010 8:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Posted by Sniperlemon
Q:I have hit the weekly cap, is that the maximum amount I can have period? (will I have to increase my rating to the appropriate amount in order to even afford <PvP Item>)

Okay, for the weekly cap that is the maximum amount of conquest points you can earn in that week. However, because this is the first week of the season it goes by your rating, which is 0. Next week, depending on what your rating is in arena, the cap will get higher, allowing for more conquest to be earned. I don't know at what point the cap ''caps'' nor at what rate the cap goes up in comparison to your rating.

Posted by Sniperlemon
What is the conversion rate for Arena/BG Rating -> Weekly Cap Amount?

See above, I don't think it's public knowledge yet but I'm sure by next week some number cruncher will have figured it out.

12/15/2010 7:40 PMPosted by Sniperlemon
If I spend them, can I earn them back that week?

If you hit the cap you cannot earn any more conquest points that week. You can spend your points, but you cannot gain any more.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
12/15/2010 7:55 PMPosted by Canniball
Okay, for the weekly cap that is the maximum amount of conquest points you can earn in that week. However, because this is the first week of the season it goes by your rating, which is 0. Next week, depending on what your rating is in arena, the cap will get higher, allowing for more conquest to be earned. I don't know at what point the cap ''caps'' nor at what rate the cap goes up in comparison to your rating.

You misunderstand. If (for sake of example) i earn 1000 CP this week, next week can I earn another 1000 for a total of 2000? or will it only go as high as the weekly cap?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
The cap is how much you can earn, not how much you have total.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]