Suggestions for Hunter Traps.

85 Troll Hunter
A lot of people agree that Trap Launcher is a clunky ability to use. For a Hunter to CC a mob from range, they need to press two buttons, click where they want to lay the trap, and hope the mob doesn't move away before the trap is armed. Every other CC can be done with a single key press.

So I think Trap Launcher should be a buff that you would toggle on and off by using the ability, with no focus cost or global cooldown. Without the buff you lay traps normally on the ground with no focus cost. With the buff active, when you use a trap it will instead launch it directly at the target without having to click, for a cost of 20-30 focus.

Immolation Trap is currently not used at all by the majority of Hunters. I think the damage should be buffed so it would be worth using by all specs when you are stuck in melee range (PvP, some boss fights). The launched trap would be used in the single target rotation for Survival Hunters (mainly for Lock and Load), which would be upgraded to Black Arrow as the final talent. This would do higher damage as Shadow, but I think it should also heal for a small amount on each tick.

Ice Trap currently does not proc Lock and Load 100% of the time like the tooltip says.

Trap resist chance should be equal to your miss chance with ranged attacks.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
This idea is new and creative and I like it a lot. The only painful thing would be forgetting that you have the buff on and trying to drop a trap regularly :P
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
i 100% agree with the OP. laying traps on the ground is almost a waste of the 1 second it takes to do so when they are not even triggered or are easily avoided... ESPECIALLY in a PVP setting.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
they neef to increase the trigger radius of all traps,and remove or serious buff immolation for MM/BM. im tired of mobs/players simply strafing around them
Edited by Strawhatii on 12/19/2010 5:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Blizzard hates this class...as awesome as this change would be. Trap Launcher was supposed to make things easier in pvp, and I just never use it because of how difficult it is. No one stands still that long.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Here are my suggestions:

1. Keep the focus cost and make them hit your current target. Keep the arming time on them in the form of a debuff that counts down from three, then activates, giving the healer time to cleanse the debuff.

-or-

2. Remove the arming time when using trap launcher, and extend the activation radius by 1-2 yards.
Edited by Critical on 12/19/2010 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Just remove traps and give us shots that have the same effect.

having a class that cannot detect traps dance around the ones I launch because of the huge obvious animation is lame.

having a player run directly over a trap due to a little lag mixed in with the long activation time is lame. Yeah, I should have to put some planning into landing a trap, but I don't want to have my CC completely mitigated because I missed by a few pixels.

Reply Quote
76 Troll Shaman
12/19/2010 11:25 PMPosted by Upskirt
Just remove traps and give us shots that have the same effect.

having a class that cannot detect traps dance around the ones I launch because of the huge obvious animation is lame.

having a player run directly over a trap due to a little lag mixed in with the long activation time is lame. Yeah, I should have to put some planning into landing a trap, but I don't want to have my CC completely mitigated because I missed by a few pixels.

I disagree completely, mostly because traps are a huge part of the flavor of the class. We have too many shots already and not enough of anything else, including melee attacks.

I like the OP's idea. A toggle would be much better than what we have to do now.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
I like the OP's idea. A toggle would be much better than what we have to do now.

As long as they remove the arming time and increase the hitbox size
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]