Has any 85 healer been able to heal icc

85 Human Paladin
At 80 I enjoyed healing icc,now at 85 I dont think it can be done,

I dont have all my new gear yet but spell cost is so high that in a fight like dreamwalker
it cant be done with the normal 3 healers.

So has any 85 healer tryed ICC yet and been able to keep up like thy could at lvl80
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't tried, but for the most part I don't see why not, at least for ICC 10.

Valithria Dreamwalker gives you a stacking mana regen buff and you spend half the time not casting, so mana shouldn't be an issue, anyway.

Aside from that, no other ICC 10 normal encounter required more than 15k HPS and raids are currently pulling close to 30k HPS on some of the Cataclysm fights (without the ICC buff).

The only potentially problematic mechanic are the bonespikes on Lord Marrowgar, since they deal 10% of max health damage each second, and healing King Terenas (who has a few hundred thousand health, as I recall). I still think it's manageable, since you can largely ignore Bonestorm damage to break people out faster, and keeping King Terenas alive is only a once-per fight huge mana expenditure (if a healer gets Harvest Soul in the first place).

Infest as a mechanic shouldn't be much of a concern, since it disappears when people are above 90% health, and it shouldn't take a full health player below 90% by itself. Just tanks need to be semi-topped off.

Conversely, some mechanics, such as heroic Lady Deathwhisper's ghosts should be much easier, since they can't possibly kill someone. You still want to probably doge them, but a few getting hits in wouldn't be more than a nuisance. Healing heroic Saurfang should be much more relaxed, since you'd make sure to let Mark of the Fallen Champion tick a few times to make sure that you don't overheal.

It still wouldn't be trivial, but it should be very much doable.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Haven't tried because there's no reason to.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I think a lvl 80 healer would destroy any lvl 85 healer in healing anything. I wish I could try healing 85 heroics as a lvl 80 with ICC gear. I would even risk the 30k HP pool and would probably do better lol. You could top everyone off and dish out alot more heaing, not like the heals at 85 heal for that much more then they did @ 80, only difference is that they cost 5X more with less mana regen and bigger HP pools.

Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Why would you go back and do ICC when there is so much new content to do?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
The same team I have been doing ICC (7 or 8 (I cant recall right now)/12 Heroic) with since March all got together yesterday to do it. that is what made me decide to go Enhancement. We were unable to heal the same fights, with the same people. that we have been healing all that time. Somehow we are now weaker than we were at 80. A LOT weaker.

Dont feel bad, you are not alone.

M
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
12/16/2010 11:58 PMPosted by Bnizzle
Why would you go back and do ICC when there is so much new content to do?

We are 5 Achievements short of the mount. We were going to do it weekly until we finished that until that run yesterday. Now? Im not sure what we will do.

M
Reply Quote
There was hyper gear inflation in wrath.

The gear reset and cost of spells have destroyed your stat.

You will be weaker for a while.

The thing you need to ask your self is how much more powerful you are now in comparison to when you were in ilvl 200 blues. I have a feeling your alot stronger then you were back then.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I can't imagen a 85 healer would out heal a level 80 healer. My heals use to heal for the same if not more then what they do now and to top it off the mana cost is much higher for big heals or even fast heals.

I could spam healing wave no problem but its top heal would be 10k crit plus the buffs from collecting orbs when you shift in Dreamwalker.... it might be ok but not nearly as good as the heals at 80.

85 healing is aweful, to be serious the only thing thats like classic WoW is my HPS lawl....
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
People forget those number you remember from wrath were completely inflated by a 30% buff to everything. If the thirty percent buff is there today everyone will have over 140k health with the tanks near 186-190k health.

Rose-tinted glasses.

Now Anub'arak in TOGC good luck haha
Edited by Thenuge on 12/17/2010 1:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/17/2010 12:24 AMPosted by Vaydra
There was hyper gear inflation in wrath.

The gear reset and cost of spells have destroyed your stat.

You will be weaker for a while.

The thing you need to ask your self is how much more powerful you are now in comparison to when you were in ilvl 200 blues. I have a feeling your alot stronger then you were back then.

Regardless of the type of gear.. You should be at least a tad strong when going from lvl 80 to 81. Instead, your heals gain ZERO power, but the mana costs increase 2x. This is in the same lvl 264 sets of gear.. So in reality, just by going from 80 to 81, you have nearly halved your effectiveness. Each level past 80 gained another 1.2k or so in mana requirements on spells. While the healing power of the spell did not change one iota. ZIP ZILTCH! My Flash of light went from 1k to 6.9k and heals for the same. That is a 600% increase.. My mana pool went from 40k to 70k. That is a 85% increase. And with no increase in healing ammount. That is the most humongous nerf imaginable.

Now I am comparing my 346 gear to the top tier gear on the valor merchant. The stats are just not much higher, meaning all this pain of running heroics for 8 hours today and NOT COMPLETING A SINGLE ONE.. Is meaningless when the gear isn't going make things much better at all.
Edited by Darlithor on 12/17/2010 3:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
all i know is my lvl 80 self would kick my ass XD
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/17/2010 3:58 AMPosted by Takemeback
all i know is my lvl 80 self would kick my ass XD

Hmmm. Im thinking a suggestion for Caverns of Time. ;-)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I try a lot of different reforges at lvl80 and judged how they worked by counting how many FOL i can spam befor oom,
at 80 out of combat i could spam 48 FOL, now at 85 only can do 14.

Im hoping our heal power get a buff soon, dont need to be a very large buff.

I be happy it our big heal got 15% buff OR 20% cost reduction and our small HL heal got a 25% boost it only does 8k now with a 2.3 cast time ,12k would be nice (just so i can spam it in ICC)

HP are 100 - 150k and some aoe damage hit group for 30k or more (normal dungens) A 8k heal is useless in combat there, but a 12k heal is not bad.

so far im healing the new stuff with out any one dieing but i havent done horic yet so i will see.

I just enjoyed doing ICC and want to be able to go back sometime,
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]