Blizz neglecting the mentally challenged :[

85 Troll Druid
Ok so yeah im a healer and i will admit healing isnt fun as we all know. Instead of using all my hots i mainly use Nourish "what choice" But now i noticed a different problem. My cousin, Hes mentally challenged and he plays with me. He has always been a healer, yes he only started in Wotlk but he hates dps and gets frustrated as a tank. The reason why he liked healing was because yes hes slow with his reaction time. But a healer was able to heal so much he could be a little slow and still not wipe the group. Now he never raided due to the coordination. But he LOVED farming heroics, they didnt need much coordination.

Now that heroics are so much harder and a healer really does need to be quick with his or her reactions especially when so many ppl are taking dmg from unavoidable aoe dmg. He cant heal. I tried convincing him to go DPS or tank but hes always loved healing and always will. Starting to seem like blizz wants "skilled" healers, well blizz he pays his money, because hes mentally challenge he has to suffer? what neglect.

Now he sobs cause the one thing he loves the most he cant do, constantly being kicked and called a retard. I do not want to see him go through this. But alas i guess the mentally challenged who pay to play this game blizzard doesnt care about? since when are MMO's challenging now really. Ive played almost all of em. Or atleast make the raid feelings stick to the raids not the heroics.

I thought this game was supposed to appeal all audiences. Im not seeing that.

Now i have to try and convince him that theres a better game out there worth spending money on. thats not gonna be fun. :[
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
He might need to farm normals and get his gear up a bit more, to give him some more wiggle room. Crafted epics would help.

Perhaps get him to mostly queue for the easier heroics, get gear from those, to make it easier?

Can you take him on guild runs to help him gear up?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/16/2010 9:26 PMPosted by Rîkû
I thought this game was supposed to appeal all audiences. Im not seeing that.

The game's content is intended to cater to a wide variety of players across a broad spectrum of skill levels.

Heroic dungeons are not.

12/16/2010 9:26 PMPosted by Rîkû
But he LOVED farming heroics, they didnt need much coordination.

Remember (and maybe remind him) that it has only been about a week since the game went live, and that it isn't reasonable to expect to farm what, for many players, is currently endgame content. Also, perhaps explaining to him that everyone is having trouble right now, and that it's not just him, might make him feel a little better. =)

If he appreciates content that doesn't require much coordination, but is still somewhat of a challenge, maybe he can go back to some of the higher level normal dungeons and sharpen his healing teeth a bit more. He might find some gear upgrades while he's at it, which will help when he returns to the heroics.
Edited by Believe on 12/16/2010 9:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
His money is as good as anyone else's..it's not his fault that tanks and dps have ..well lets just havent learned yet
Dont expect Blizz to do anything...I am sorry :(
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Heroics are what its all about now hes fully geared in regs since thats ALL he does Now he LOVED heroics in wotlk he loved getting those nice badges to get the vendor gear and when he saw the vendor gear with justice points i remember him telling me to group with him so i can dps in his heroic. He tried about 25 diff heroics till he broke down. I got so tired fo yelling at ppl who called him retarded, or hes too slow blizz should make him delete his acct". Its just sickening. I know hes geared he knows better then to just run into heroics even in wrath although u could do heroics straight out of 80 he still wanted to be geared fully through regs. and to the "heroic dungeons are not" uhmm i wanna know what your smoking. The whole game was to cater to everyones needs. Go troll elsewhere please. Why would blizz go ok dungeons are for the casuals and the slow heroics r for pro player well duh that is what RAIDS ARE FOR! plus if i do remember correctly the casuals i saw in wotlk also farmed heroics just for money badges to get gems and whatnot so i do believe heroics were originally for the casuals as well as the people gearing up.
Reply Quote
2 Draenei Mage
i love the topic name
10/10.
=p
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
Blizzard is neglecting the mentally challenged... and yet they made the game 150% easier.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Remember (and maybe remind him) that it has only been about a week since the game went live, and that it isn't reasonable to expect to farm what, for many players, is currently endgame content. Also, perhaps explaining to him that everyone is having trouble right now, and that it's not just him, might make him feel a little better. =)

i did eventhough it was a guild run and we were CCing properly and have done the heroics before. So i had to fib and say we were having difficulties..didnt want to hurt his feelings. My guildies werent being rude either it was mainly the pugs that we did that were rude
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/16/2010 9:40 PMPosted by Majikku
Blizzard is neglecting the mentally challenged... and yet they made the game 150% easier.

LMFAO!!! yea that post was ignored ask the people who love and hate the expansion non will say its easier..ones who love the exp will say its more challenging and they love it that was the the ones who dont will say its too challenging so made it easier? wow ur oblivious
Edited by Rîkû on 12/16/2010 9:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
If blizz catered to the mentally challenged this game would be too easy for normal players. Unfortunately, (or fortunately), there has to be certain level of difficulty otherwise the non-mentally challenged people will get bored and /quit after a month.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
So, your argument is that hard content shouldn't be hard because people with brain damage or congenital defects will have problems with it?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I dont mind difficulty and i doubt neither would he. Difficulty doesnt have to be nerf healers ro make their main healing spell take a while. Could mean let the tank take a butt load fo dmg! And technically they did cater for wotlk and i did see people who hated the easyness still play. Hes more challenged in the way of where he can focus on one healing bar but when he sees someone elses bar go down hes delayed. Taken him 3-5 secs to be like o wait let me heal them. In wotlk heroics this wasnt a problem. But now like H SFK he cant react quick enought o heal everyone up before more dmg comes around. He wiped in H SFK yesterday over 20 times with our guild :[ It wasnt anything the dps or tank did wrong we even tried to help heal. But he couldnt react quick enough.. Hell if blizz could give more time between the bosses special attacks maybe then he would be able to heal people up before they die.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
This expac so far feels very much the way TBC did.

Very early in TBC heroics were quite difficult, people wanted optimal groups, sometimes with 1 or 2 mages.

WotLK heroics were not tuned to higher gear levels and quickly became trivial.

I suspect that in truth we're somewhere in between these two, where once people are decked in a fair amount of raid loot, heroics will be far simpler.

Also considering that a relatively few number of new dungeons were added in this expansion that hopefully more will be added with upcoming patches, properly scaled to new gear levels.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/16/2010 9:39 PMPosted by Rîkû
Heroics are what its all about now hes fully geared in regs since thats ALL he does Now he LOVED heroics in wotlk he loved getting those nice badges to get the vendor gear and when he saw the vendor gear with justice points i remember him telling me to group with him so i can dps in his heroic. He tried about 25 diff heroics till he broke down. I got so tired fo yelling at ppl who called him retarded, or hes too slow blizz should make him delete his acct". Its just sickening. I know hes geared he knows better then to just run into heroics even in wrath although u could do heroics straight out of 80 he still wanted to be geared fully through regs

Well, to be fair, he wasn't farming heroics a week after Wrath came out, either. The stat inflation that occurred over the course of those four tiers meant that by the end, we had some tanks with almost three times as much health as the ones tanking at the very beginning. It meant the DPS could practically tank for us. It meant healers had a lot of time to respond to damage and could cast whatever they wanted. You could do heroics straight from dinging 80 because chances were good you'd find yourself with a 40k+ tank and an Arcane Mage pulling 13k DPS on bosses.

We're not there yet. We're not even on the road to that yet. While we can hope that the developers have learned from their mistakes and won't let stats get out of control again, the "average" gear is still going to improve, and your cousin will be paired with better-equipped allies in heroics. I think we can all agree we've already seen a dramatic improvement in the stability of a heroic run in the last few days, and it's not because the instances were nerfed or healing was buffed across the board. It's because people are learning. But people are still learning, and it still isn't a breeze.

It isn't realistic for any player to treat any of today's heroics like Azjol'Nerub or Violet Hold.

12/16/2010 9:39 PMPosted by Rîkû
and to the "heroic dungeons are not" uhmm i wanna know what your smoking. The whole game was to cater to everyones needs. Go troll elsewhere please. Why would blizz go ok dungeons are for the casuals and the slow heroics r for pro player well duh that is what RAIDS ARE FOR! plus if i do remember correctly the casuals i saw in wotlk also farmed heroics just for money badges to get gems and whatnot so i do believe heroics were originally for the casuals as well as the people gearing up.

Heroics are indeed intended as a gearing stepping stone to raiding. That doesn't mean they aren't intended to be challenging. A lot of players are still struggling with heroics, even though they're a "tier" below the most challenging content currently in the game. A lot of players were still struggling in Trial of the Grand Crusader when Icecrown Citadel was opened.
Edited by Believe on 12/16/2010 10:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
i hope so yet i played in TBC and the heroics were much easier back then. I was healing in greens on a pally without beacon and crap and it was a joke. i will say that this exp made TBC look easy
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/16/2010 10:00 PMPosted by Rîkû
i hope so yet i played in TBC and the heroics were much easier back then. I was healing in greens on a pally without beacon and crap and it was a joke. i will say that this exp made TBC look easy

Pre-illumination nerf I take it?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/16/2010 9:40 PMPosted by Majikku

Still a lvl 80 and not a healer..stfu and roll a healer and see how bad u really played.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Funny troll 10/10
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]