Frostweave farming

85 Night Elf Mage
I hit 80 abouty 3 days befor cata and had no time to increase my tailoring skill. I'm currently at 394, I need to at least make it to 425 so I can start using embersilk.

Does anyone have any farming location for frostweave cloth? No, the place in shollazar basin doesn't work anymore. As of cata those zombies don't drop loot anymore.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Try the area around where UP is Howling Forj?. Unless they changed the drop rate the viking dudes drop lots of cloth. Good luck ^^

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Any humanoid mobs in Northrend drop them abundantly. My favorites were the conscripts in Icecrown and other humanoids while running the Tourney dailies. I racked in a ton of cloth and gold on those.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Any confirmation on the humanoid mobs still dropping massive frostweave since cata? I was depressed when I was farming mageweave cause pre-cata nethergarde keep was the best. I could farm 20stacks in about an hour, now they only drop some silver and sometimes some rune cloth, very disheartening.
Reply Quote
solo some old dunegones
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I just hit the Icecrown zone this week, after a couple days killing mobs I have about 20 stacks of frostweave so it doesn't take too long.

Don't forget to go to Dal and get the thing that gives you extra chances at cloth in Northrend, I think it's a quest but I can't remember. I do know it's at the cloth trainer.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
My personal spot is that cliff full of cultists near the Argent Tourney.

The ones you have to kill for the dailies.
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Mage
08/25/2011 06:33 AMPosted by Nørstar
Any confirmation on the humanoid mobs still dropping massive frostweave since cata? I was depressed when I was farming mageweave cause pre-cata nethergarde keep was the best. I could farm 20stacks in about an hour, now they only drop some silver and sometimes some rune cloth, very disheartening.

They've upped the droprate of mageweave, my alts have had a ton. They've also lowered the droprate of silk, which is interesting now because silk used to sell for so little and now it sells for quite a bit more.

I always do the Tournament dailies, and end up with more Frostweave than I think is possible. Granted, it's not the speediest, I usually amass the cloth over a month or two. If you kill the dudes north of the Tournament camp, or the dudes who walk in clumps of eight in the center of the zone, you get decent cloth and they respawn relatively quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I ran around killing the groups of Converted Heroes in Icrecrown to get enough frostweave to level my tailoring. I never found any one place that had an amazing droprate, but the Converted Heroes dropped cloth as often as any other humanoid, and they travel in nice groups with a fast respawn.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My personal spot is that cliff full of cultists near the Argent Tourney.

The ones you have to kill for the dailies.

This. I get a stack or 2 every time I do AT dailies.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Why is this back up here? I created this thread back in december of 2010........?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
do the tournament dailies... specifically the one where you kill the 15 baddies by the west side of the area.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I hit 80 abouty 3 days befor cata and had no time to increase my tailoring skill. I'm currently at 394, I need to at least make it to 425 so I can start using embersilk.

Does anyone have any farming location for frostweave cloth? No, the place in shollazar basin doesn't work anymore. As of cata those zombies don't drop loot anymore.

Northrend dungeons. Lots of FW drops.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
I do all my farming in the AH. Lots of frostweave there.
Reply Quote
Converted heroes in Northrend are a great spot. My Warlock is my tailor, and although he can kill just fine, I found taking my girlfriend's paladin along and having her kill while I loot made the process go a lot quicker. That's just if you can... the farming is still good here otherwise.

Another place I like to go is in Sholazar Basin where the Suntouched Pillar is. Kill the Venture Co. or whatever is there for some good loots.
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 07:27 AMPosted by Manwê
Why is this back up here? I created this thread back in december of 2010........?

08/25/2011 06:33 AMPosted by Nørstar
Any confirmation on the humanoid mobs still dropping massive frostweave since cata?

This. Believe it or not, there are proper situations to necro a thread.
Edited by Luxredux on 8/25/2011 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]