Ongoing Mining/Herbing Issues with Phasing

Quality Assurance
We are aware of this issue.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
bout time!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Sweet! So calling it an "issue" means it's going to get fixed, right? *fingers crossed*

Thanks for the response Sapperwix.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Can you update the known bug thread with it if you can then?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
01/18/2011 9:56 AMPosted by Sapperwix

Glad to finally see a blue post in this thread. This is so annoying. With the high demand for herbs for flasks 24+ herbs for each one and as one of our guild officers tasked with making sure we have raid consumables the fishing nodes and herbing nodes have to be fixed. I need access to as many as I can get.
Reply Quote
I didn't see this area mentioned , but in the Western Plaguelands just north of Andorhal is Dalson's Farm....as you approach the farm you can see many nodes of Fadeleaf in the farm fields, aptly named because as you cross into the area that holds the farm field, the herbs fade out. Same issue when you are inside the farm area...many nodes or iron and gold appear to be "just over yonder", but when you cross out of the farm area, the fade away, or worse, fade away as you mine the node.

Herbs and ore aren't the only issue. Between Dalson's Farm and The Mender's Stead is the Corrupted Campsite (I think that's it) wit a little pink fire burning there. The creatures in that area are phased, but they can attack you through the phase...sadly you can't target them or fight back, you just have to run away or they pound on you until you leave or die.

Similarly, the quest phasing has other, but similar issues. In Mount Hyjal there is a quest where you rescue Kristoff from Gar'gol's (Ogre) Hovel (Quest: Get Me Outta Here!"). If you rescue him before you complete freeing Goldrinn the completion of Kristoff's quest is not possible, as the turn in point is in the middle of many Worgen at the Shrine of Goldrinn.

The phasing technology was new and interesting when used sparingly in Icecrown, but as it has been introduced in almost every zone now, the weaknesses are apparent and should be studied and corrected before more phasing is introduced.

(And yes, I know you "are aware of this issue.")
Edited by Borghildr on 1/23/2011 1:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
<3
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
And 8 days later, we are still waiting for fixes. Joy oh joy, oh wait there is no joy anymore its being sucked out of the game.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Just adding to the people saying they have an issue. Fishing pools are my problem, since I dont have any high level farming toons. Really hope this gets fixed soon.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
01/26/2011 2:50 AMPosted by Charleybrown
And 8 days later, we are still waiting for fixes. Joy oh joy, oh wait there is no joy anymore its being sucked out of the game.

You do realize it will take a patch to fix this, right? Wait until after the patch before you keep complaining. Have you noticed any patches in the last 8 days....No of course not.
Reply Quote
8 Blood Elf Paladin
Just wanted to point out that the problem also exists with fishing nodes. I saw this happen in Uldam around the Obelisk of the Moon. Couldn't from the steps there for pools that would show up just a few feet away in Oasis of Vir'sar.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
01/27/2011 12:22 AMPosted by Undisputed
concidering a blue posted here letting u guys know that they know, it means (imo) that u guys dont need to inform them of anything about this subject, which tells me that the phasing problem is an individual thing that once fixed, will be fixed everywhere, not something theyd hafta fix in each area mentioned, otherwise they woulda silently watched this thread, making sure that they check each of the areas mentioned

edit: not trying to be mean btw
You're assuming an awful lot; Blizzard has stated repeatedly that it relies on detailed reports from players to correct errors. I'm finding a LOT of the ore nodes around Twilight Citadel specifically are phased, and I've visited the problematic area both before, during, and after completing all the quests in the zone and the behavior remains. In case they're useful:[/ul]
Screenshots (view in order) follow:
  • http://ui13.gamespot.com/556/wowscrnshot012611083233_2.jpg
  • http://ui03.gamespot.com/34/wowscrnshot012611083236_2.jpg
  • http://ui06.gamespot.com/229/wowscrnshot012611083237_2.jpg

Thank you,

Bozanimal
US-Scarlet Crusade
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
01/27/2011 12:22 AMPosted by Undisputed
which tells me that the phasing problem is an individual thing that once fixed, will be fixed everywhere

Correct, this is a generalized issue that we are working on. Thanks for all the reports thus far however we no longer need additional node information.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
LOL Typical blizz response (we are aware of this issue) i wish it was (we are fixing it right now)LOL!!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/29/2011 7:17 PMPosted by Nightrath
LOL Typical blizz response (we are aware of this issue) i wish it was (we are fixing it right now)LOL!!

At least is something.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/28/2011 12:28 PMPosted by Sapperwix
which tells me that the phasing problem is an individual thing that once fixed, will be fixed everywhere

Correct, this is a generalized issue that we are working on. Thanks for all the reports thus far however we no longer need additional node information.

So is their an update on this??????? Lost a HUGE amount of time and gold being unable to mine the richest deposits of pyrium ore and elementium in the game.

Make fixing this a priority. Your crafters are having to stop questing just to be able to do their thing with their professions. These broad global issues are exactly the reason square enix has FF14 free while they figure it out and get it right. Their broad issues literally touch every system but this is an issue of the same scale.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Still an *issue*. As if farming Twilight Jasmine isn't a pain enough already. ;(
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

Its sad, this has been a known issue since at least 1/18, and still has yet to be fixed. I guess its good for blizzards sake they are supporting an online game and not manufacturing, because this should be unacceptable time to fix a bug.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
And how do I mine a node that is embedded in solid rock? Such as the pyrite that is always sitting near the waterfall in the Twilight Highlands? It's just sitting there, on my minimap, laughing its happy pyrite butt off at me!!

Jason
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]