What is with all the fail dps

85 Human Warrior
I tanked from levels 1-80, and swtiched to dps at end of wrath, and tanked again from 80-85 which is what im doing now. 1-79 tanks did most of the dps, at 80 they went to the bottom usually. i saw the same thing leveling from 80-85.

Now that i am running heroics, mostly through random dungeon finder,( which may be the source of all my problems) and the dps that the party is putting out most of the time is atrocious. as a level 80 fury warrior i was doing 9k average in dungeons,i know that wrath and cata are not the same, but damage should be scaling as you level to 85, i see some people dpsing in heroic cata dungeons doing less then 6k overall dps and this is just sad, did peope forget how to play there class or something.

not ever one is like this usually at least one of the dps or 2 of them are just pathetic( having tank do more damage then them).

i mentioned above that the dungeon finder is probably my problme so i dont need yall telling me go with guildies or friends, i do try when there on, dont need a bunch of replies that dont help. i just want to know why people cant pull there wait anymore.

EDIT:

yes tank aoe is ridiculous with vengence, but im not worried about dps on trash, right now tanks can make up for that. and i was not refering to ICC 30 buff for 80s, thats were it probably should be though when we get to high end cata gear

but what has been bothering me is boss fights that are going way to long because of poor dps, i know there are some adds on boss fights but most dont require cc or constant attention, there are a few like the last boss in BRC where one person has to kite the adds the whole time.

someone posted below that people thinking that 6k dps is acceptable is just laughable right now, i would have to agree, make boss fights go to long and healers go oom.

even if you took a fresh 80 in northrend heroics/triumph badge gear they would still be able to manage 4-5k dps, and still at 85 people are doing that kind of dps.

2nd EDIT:

this post is has nothing to do with tanking, no complaints here, its been made extremely fun to tank with vengence now.

i can understandabout the crit and hit reducs from leveling, i barely struggled to reach 20% in my fury gear and hit was the same

and people who give the excuse CCing lowers dps is bull, for one, CC happens at the begining of the fight, sometimes its what you pull with. maybe after a min they might have to re sheep or hex if you suck at killing the mob, but 2 secs out of a minute plus long fight is not good reason. but i digress, this article is not about trash mobs, i mentioned aboved that tanks are aoe kings atm, so let them worry about that right now. im talking about boss fights

oh, one more thing to some of the rogue/druid posters. i know your classes need to be behind the target, i try my best to keep him still and not have his backside in the fire. but these boss fights are requiring so much movement by everyone its hard to just sit and tank and spank. druids can have a solution due to there extreme versatility, but rogues, sorry your just sol
Edited by Peadslab on 12/18/2010 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Tanks in 5 mans are doing insane damage right now. Below average DPS will finish below them. On trash, it's extremely hard to beat a tank (but trash doesn't count). I do know one thing, if tanks continue to do as much AoE damage as they are now in higher end raids, I'm sitting DPS and bringing in tanks for AoE fights.

It's quite ridiculous really, but if it gets things down faster, I'm all for it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Expect many classes' DPS to drop from 80-85 while going from ICC gear to greens/blues. Combat ratings make a huge difference.

Especially if you are comparing against DPS in ICC with the 30% buff.

edit: spelling fail
Edited by Defenestrasz on 12/17/2010 10:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
12/17/2010 10:26 AMPosted by Crigily
Tanks in 5 mans are doing insane damage right now. Below average DPS will finish below them. On trash, it's extremely hard to beat a tank (but trash doesn't count). I do know one thing, if tanks continue to do as much AoE damage as they are now in higher end raids, I'm sitting DPS and bringing in tanks for AoE fights.

It's quite ridiculous really, but if it gets things down faster, I'm all for it.

Tanks not tanking will not do a lot of dps... Tanks do a lot of AoE damage because they are taking a lot of damage.

I'm not complaining by no means. I know they do a lot of AoE damage because they're taking a lot of damage, but if they continue with this kind of AoE, I'll simply stack them for AoE boss encounters!

Again, if it kills things faster, I'm all for it!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Most DPS classes have crap for AOE these days, have combat ratings in the gutter, and must spend time CCing. All of these elements add up to lower DPS levels. Especially when tanks are hitting mobs for 30K+.

Expect things to change once people get more gear.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
12/17/2010 10:31 AMPosted by Alki

I'm not complaining by no means. I know they do a lot of AoE damage because they're taking a lot of damage, but if they continue with this kind of AoE, I'll simply stack them for AoE boss encounters!

Again, if it kills things faster, I'm all for it!

Still probably won;t work. Tank need to take massive hit for vengeance to stack high enough. I'm talking about boss targetting them. The other tank will take too low damage and the vengeance will not stack high. Then, you will be left with even more piss poor dps than if you had brought real dps spec.
Reply Quote
we did forget how to play are toons. I"m finding that i can't get any more dps out of my gear. my crit went for 60s to 23%. my hit rating is in the gutter. I remember having some of this when i was level 75 to 8o, bu tno this bad. I hear a lot of talk about scaling and it will all work out at 85 in t11 gear, but i am way behind the curve now in simular gear to everyone else. how can i catch up. Something is wrong with Sub Rogues and new gear is not going ot fix it. I'll be the guy you kick for poor Dps in the heroics.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Rogue
I can stop stunning, interrupting, and self healing. I rarely die in instances I know and don't require barely any healing (and save the healer a lot too). If that means I only do 6k on a trash pull, oh well. That just means the other DPS are free to be clueless and irresponsible and tunnelvision on topping the meters. I'll actually break away from DPSing to go stunlock the loose add that's killing the healer.

When it's boss time and DPS matters I'll drop 13k. It's about knowing what matters though.

It's also worth noting that due to long ramp up times and big DPS loses for target switching, trash mobs aren't the most ideal for maximizing damage. Warriors also have a lot better toolset for damaging multiple targets, hence, trash mob damage is higher.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Rogue
we did forget how to play are toons. I"m finding that i can't get any more dps out of my gear. my crit went for 60s to 23%. my hit rating is in the gutter. I remember having some of this when i was level 75 to 8o, bu tno this bad. I hear a lot of talk about scaling and it will all work out at 85 in t11 gear, but i am way behind the curve now in simular gear to everyone else. how can i catch up. Something is wrong with Sub Rogues and new gear is not going ot fix it. I'll be the guy you kick for poor Dps in the heroics.

Consider a re-spec to assassin. You can play sub perfectly and it will still blow for PvE. I wouldnt expect any changes to sub till the end of the first tier.

/comfort
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight
Im in your pug 5 man, doing 3k and making you rage.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Rogue
Ever hear of a thing called HIT RATING // EXPERTISE
get that capped and you will see your dps go way up.

Worth noting that expertise is extremely devalued for rogues. You don't want to try to cap it anymore.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Lawl at the people giving reasons for having 6k dps as acceptable, if your not 8k+ your not doing something right

I see quite a few dps just dont care to reforge, gem, or enchant their gear because they think their not important to a groups survivability
Edited by Expeditîon on 12/17/2010 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
12/17/2010 12:30 PMPosted by Expeditîon
Lawl at the people giving reasons for having 6k dps as acceptable, if your not 8k+ your not doing something right

I do a ton of AoE (10-20k) and see tanks doing more (trash doesn't count so I don't really care to be honest). My Equipment Potency EquivalencE Number (EPEEN) goes down a little on trash pulls, but skyrockets again on bosses. So it's all good.

I see quite a few dps just dont care to reforge, gem, or enchant their gear because they think their not important to a groups survivability

Ever thought that some can't afford it? On our server, rare gems are going for 300-500 gold each. Enchants are worse. Hell, level 85 Darkmoon Trinkets are going for 120k. That's not a typo, one hundred and twenty THOUSAND gold. W T F !?!?!! I do gem and enchant if it's an item that I think I might be holding on to for at least a week, but for the rest, it remains empty of any of the above.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]