Take time to get Gear before QQ'ing

85 Blood Elf Paladin
When i first started doing normal instances i was terrified of accepting my queue invite due to the wipes and the "OH SH!$" moments that happened not only on bosses but every trash wave.

When i got 85 i already ahd 329 IL and started doing heroics, and man... I was freaked out as well for these. Sure they're rough but after a week i already am comfortable healing all of them, i occasionally run into mana problems when im lazy and just spam Divine Light a bunch but thats really it. Or if i pug a group and the DPS and tank aren't up to par. But most the time i'm able to successfully carry.

I'm just saying take some time to gear up first and gem/enchant into what stats you need. You'd be surprised at how big of a difference it makes. Healers are in complete control this expansion. Just gear up and Show off, do well enough constantly to make people compliment your healing. Play smart.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Gear is not the issue! geez please dont be stupid.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmm well maybe with Shaman it's different. But i now have now problem tearing through heroics. I even healed through a fight against Vanessa twice in a row without going out of combat. We had a rope glitch where she reset to full hp at about 30% and we still had no deaths and i ended with +1/2 MP, so if it's not gear. Is it people being terrible? Granted this was a guild run and we're all aware of what goes on during the fights. But still, an 8 minute healing intense fight where it ended on the best note possible.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
1. Enchants are underestimated in pugs - they really need to enchant everything before stepping into pugs, including the DPS.

2. Do not assume because you're in 329, its doable, assume the worst, hope for the best. Every blue piece (enchanted) HELPS. If you can afford stuff off the AH, do it!

3. Use your crowd control no matter what - never AOE.

4. DPS and tank should sit and eat with you between pulls, no need to heal them.

5. Do not heal anyone over 75% during boss fights, except the tank, he should be your low-mana spam to keep your chakra up, with renew.

6. Gem for spirit, intellect first... forget haste and mastery for now. Reforge if you must.

7. Give it time for DPS and tanks to learn the fights and mechanics. Do your boss research.

8. Use lightwell, DPS use bandaids. Use Healing pots, mana pots, weeds, runes, whatever.

9. Melee DPS can be a good thing in pugs (2nd off tank to kite the adds) etc, don't lock yourself into 'typecasted rolls.' Even a moonkin can go heals when necessary. Don't be afraid to ask for back-up, especially at 329.

10. Give two hours per heroics at this time to learn the mechanics/fight of the game.

It will get better and easier for every piece of gear you get. Trust me.

Goodluck and have fun!

PS - RUN REGULARS UNTIL YOU'RE ALL IN BLUES --- the only green I had when I started was my wand, which I still have. Do the end quests in each zone, they give blue rewards, too.
Even better if you run up your rep to exhalted on a few factions for their exhalted pieces... do your research. Just because you're 85, does not mean you're heroic ready!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
12/17/2010 11:43 AMPosted by Olonia
Actually, yes, it is. Gear gates your abilities so much this expansion that it's really quite shocking. You feel like you can't afford to hit anything but heal? You feel powerless? You feel like you're reduced to Heal spam? You feel like you can't keep anyone up? Chances are your gear sucks balls.

If you focus on boosting your regen, once you break into the mid 330's you should have your entire toolbox to dance around with.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, I went from wiping on account of being OOM to wiping on the fight mechanics once I got a few pieces of 346. Progress = win.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Once I replaced my 329 gear into 333 and 346, my mana was MUCH better and I was able to keep 1-2 renews up on the DPS at the same time, as with the tank, barely dipping down 90%.
Once in awhile I'd spam FLASH HEAL - and it wouldn't hurt. But until you get that higher gear, you should avoid your expensive heals.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah and with these Heroics it's practice makes perfect. You'll learn which adds to look out for, meaning the giant Twats that can hit for 30-40k a swing or do massive AOE. After a few runs you'll memorize this and things become much much simpler!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
12/17/2010 11:47 AMPosted by Kopelin
Hmm well maybe with Shaman it's different. But i now have now problem tearing through heroics. I even healed through a fight against Vanessa twice in a row without going out of combat. We had a rope glitch where she reset to full hp at about 30% and we still had no deaths and i ended with +1/2 MP, so if it's not gear. Is it people being terrible? Granted this was a guild run and we're all aware of what goes on during the fights. But still, an 8 minute healing intense fight where it ended on the best note possible.

I don't think heroics were tuned so that you can "tear" through them.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
With a smart group, you will be able to. I did HoO in less than 45 minutes or so, we had no wipes and rarely had to sit. VP is just as easy, same with Dead Mines and most others.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
12/17/2010 12:00 PMPosted by Stormcrack

I don't think heroics were tuned so that you can "tear" through them.

I've "torn" through a few heroics with good groups (with ilevel averages in the 340's). Knowing fights + proper gear and skills = fast/easy/win.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Gear can make my heals more powerful and give me mana to cast a few extra spells.

Only Blizzard can resolve the current non-Druid-like spell design mechanics that make me hate healing on this class. Gear won't help at all on this issue.

A pre-expansion announcement that healing is going to be harder and mana scarcer is NOT a communication to the customer base that Druid healing will be utterly transformed from the six-year long HoT role to a clumsy slow-direct-healer with some auxiliary heals of various types, some that should only rarely be cast, if at all. (Not that Blizzard would have phrased it that way.)

Remember, most healers never come to the WoW forums, never read blogs or listen to podcasts, won't check peripheral websites, don't know anything about 3.x vs. 4.x healing issues, and never will. They only know that their heals are messed up and are, IMO, voting by quitting healing or changing roles.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Exactly, each class has been change against most of their favors, i'm sure eventually things will get balanced. Blizzards most likely just too busy, releasing an expansion of this size is a big deal, especially with such a large client base. But If many of those people change roles or quit away from healing, it'll just make those that remain that much relied upon, special and rare.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Shaman
My iLevel finally made me eligible for heroics last night and now I'm nervous.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/17/2010 11:43 AMPosted by Olonia

YOU don't be stupid. Gear is entirely the issue. Healing now at ilevel 345 or whatever is stupid easy.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/17/2010 12:39 PMPosted by Tiffamy

YOU don't be stupid. Gear is entirely the issue. Healing now at ilevel 345 or whatever is stupid easy.

Yup, exactly what Thread title is :D thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
well i can speak for myself and no one else im at item lvl 331 i believe and healing heroics is easy the only problem i have is they took the unique playstyle from every healing (ie what made em diff) and made em all the same there are no different between pally healer and druid sure spells sound different but you heal the exact same way it makes the game boring and healing a shore
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue
Here is a clue, put low level crap in your bags. My iLevel total is 290 something, but my EQUIPPED ilevel average is 330. I can't even attempt to PUG heroics in LFD, and that is the plan. I'm not doing that until my equipped iLevel averages 333. It's not fair to your group if you fake the system, it makes it that much harder on the entire group if you are not properly geared.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/17/2010 12:43 PMPosted by Kopelin

Yup, exactly what Thread title is :D thanks!

Bad players is the issue u cant get gear if u have bad players..again dont be stupid and read the OP.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
12/17/2010 12:10 PMPosted by Eyrtha
Gear can make my heals more powerful and give me mana to cast a few extra spells.

Only Blizzard can resolve the current non-Druid-like spell design mechanics that make me hate healing on this class. Gear won't help at all on this issue.

A pre-expansion announcement that healing is going to be harder and mana scarcer is NOT a communication to the customer base that Druid healing will be utterly transformed from the six-year long HoT role to a clumsy slow-direct-healer with some auxiliary heals of various types, some that should only rarely be cast, if at all. (Not that Blizzard would have phrased it that way.)

Remember, most healers never come to the WoW forums, never read blogs or listen to podcasts, won't check peripheral websites, don't know anything about 3.x vs. 4.x healing issues, and never will. They only know that their heals are messed up and are, IMO, voting by quitting healing or changing roles.
Lololololololoolol, fail druid is fail.

Be less bad and then we'll talk about where HoTs fall in the Druid arsenal (hint: it's at the tippy top.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]