Overhealing?

85 Draenei Shaman
So I just finished running HoO (normal mode, close to heroics) using the LFD and I was put in an all guild run. I was happy to find out that they were very well coordinated and didnt give me much trouble healing wise. Everything went smooth, no wipes and didn't take long to clear the dungeon. Shortly after the last boss, I said my thanks for the excellent group. That's when the entire group goes off on me spamming skada and recount showing that out of 5.9M heals I made I overhealed 147.3k. Is that amount of overhealing really unreasonable in cata?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/17/2010 7:42 PMPosted by Lulzies
So I just finished running HoO (normal mode, close to heroics) using the LFD and I was put in an all guild run. I was happy to find out that they were very well coordinated and didnt give me much trouble healing wise. Everything went smooth, no wipes and didn't take long to clear the dungeon. Shortly after the last boss, I said my thanks for the excellent group. That's when the entire group goes off on me spamming skada and recount showing that out of 5.9M heals I made I overhealed 147.3k. Is that amount of overhealing really unreasonable in cata?
That's not much, and quite honestly I could easily see that much from Healing Stream Totem alone.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
People, if given the opportunity, will use almost any excuse to /flex by making someone else the butt. Ignore them.

You can overheal? Nice :)

It's mostly the hots that keep going while the tank was only tanking one trash mob left. I realize random LFDs are jerks, but these guys didnt say anything until the end then starting having a panic attack that I overhealed :\. Didn't realize it was such a big deal to people haha.
Edited by Lulzies on 12/17/2010 7:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue
2.4% overhealing, that is negligible. If you were having mana problems, I would see it as an issue. If you weren't, they are being way too picky.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
That's quite ridiculous.

(1) In Cata, it's bloody hard to overheal at the appropriate gear level. In order to overheal you have to either be overgeared or play unusually well or play unusually poorly, and the last option tends to lead to wipes.

(2) Assuming your group survived every encounter and nobody dies because you went oom, your overhealing is none of anyone else's business.

(3) ~2.4% overhealing is an extremely low number that can easily be accounted for by Healing Stream, leftover Riptides, and ES procs on low hits.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
are people alive - yes/no
is mana bar empty - yes/no
does overheal matter if you answered no to those two questions - no
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]