64263 Dmg 1 GCD. Is Warrior Burst Intended?

85 Blood Elf Mage
12/18/2010 9:41 AMPosted by Ludacar
Similar to what other classes can do while popping cool downs.

That is so far from true that I honestly can't believe you seriously believe that. You -must- be trolling.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
12/18/2010 7:17 AMPosted by Highwinds
Right here I have a screenshot of a Warrior doing 64263 Damage to me in less than 1.5 seconds.

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/7455/66k1gcdwarriorcrits.png

Can such burst be intended? This is madness to have a Class to more than half of my health. I am using 1700 Resil aprox at this time and I thought that the damage was insane!

First this is straight up lying and correct this, its at best 39,563 damage per on GCD.

Two things to note, why do all the QQ'ers link combat logs without timestamps? Imo don't link combat log if there isn't time stamps on it unless its one hit ability.

Secondly heroic strike came before the deepwound tick, the last hit refreshed the deepwound hit wound effect and it ticked so there was a minimum 2-3 secs, not one GCD.

Lets also take into account some people are already in epics running around in BGs like their twinks again, its going to be like this for a while

Dps warriors do hit hard though not saying they don't, regardless stop throwing false or misleading info on how much.
Edited by Crankey on 12/18/2010 10:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
GTL
12/18/2010 8:56 AMPosted by Volte

You don't need CC or MS when you take off half of someone's health that quickly.

When I kidney -> dance someone, should my ambush hit for 30k each? Does that sound fair? Its cooldown is much longer than your colossus smash.

You realize you just enforced my own point right? Since MS is gone and we don't have CC(other than a melee fear that breaks on damage on a 3 min cd), that damage is what we bring. And no Rogues don't crit Ambushes for 30k, firstly because energy works differently to rage, but also because rogues have much more CC/control than warriors, as well as powerful tools like smoke bomb. I assume you know how trade-offs work for classes?

If you take away our damage how will you compensate? Do we get a CC? some sort of root break? Somehow I doubt it.
Edited by Zing on 12/18/2010 10:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
55 Orc Death Knight
12/18/2010 8:13 AMPosted by Xodok
NURF MAGES!!! MAGES ARE SO OP !!!!

idiots.

another class being OP doesn't make mages balanced

who is the idiot again?
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid

It's quite simple really, we don't have the control or CC of other classes, we don't bring 50 or 25% MS anymore. The only thing we gained in Cata is Throwdown, other than that we only bring damage, take it away and what are we?

A hunter?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/18/2010 8:47 AMPosted by Zing
It's quite simple really, we don't have the control or CC of other classes, we don't bring 50 or 25% MS anymore. The only thing we gained in Cata is Throwdown, other than that we only bring damage, take it away and what are we?

I don't think this is a good argument. For example Ret's in woltk didn't have any control, nor respectable CC or MS, yet they didn't have enough upfront burst to do 50% of someone's HP in a global, it wasn't posible outside of one OP week.

You are also saying you didn't get another gap closer and you didn't get Colossus smash.

The thing is... GC said Cata's pvp was supposed to be slower that woltk's, but in the reality, some classes can get a kill really quick. This is against the intended purpose of Cata's pvp, and isn't fun. This should be a debate about who is more OP, a mage or warrior, neither should be able to get a kill in a global.
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Rogue
Bandwagoners have moved on to nerf warrior QQ threads now.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
There are too many ramp up abilities that warriors have to create this situations. If the starts align and our 8% crit chance gives a triple crit its very powerful if colossus smash is active.

What happened here?

1) PVE Gear
2) Colossus Smash (100% armor ignore)
3) Inner Rage (15% damage increase)
4) Lambs to the Slaughter (30% Mortal Strike Damage)
5) Enrage(10% to all damage)
6) Recklessness (3 guarenteed crits)

I'm not saying that amount damage is balanced, I'm only pointing out that the player used every single offensive CD to pull that off, which can only happen once every 5 minutes.

This is similar to letting a mage get a 4 stack of arcane barage on you and having him pop arcane power and then complaining about a 40,000 damage crit vs 2100 resilience etc. Ramp up time, cooldowns, procs, luck all play a part.

I think the real culprit is the Sudden Death Talent - resets the CD on colossus smash. This talent provides ridiculous burst and RNG. Warrior NEED colossus smash - period. How often we need it, is debatable. Sudden death should probably be replaced by something a little less powerful to be honest.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
GTL
12/18/2010 10:56 AMPosted by Bráveheart

I don't think this is a good argument. For example Ret's in woltk didn't have any control, nor respectable CC or MS, yet they didn't have enough upfront burst to do 50% of someone's HP in a global, it wasn't posible outside of one OP week.

You are also saying you didn't get another gap closer and you didn't get Colossus smash.

The thing is... GC said Cata's pvp was supposed to be slower that woltk's, but in the reality, some classes can get a kill really quick. This is against the intended purpose of Cata's pvp, and isn't fun. This should be a debate about who is more OP, a mage or warrior, neither should be able to get a kill in a global.

Ret had/have offhealing(and self healing), as well as defensive utility abilities like BoP, Bubble, Sacrifice etc. And dispels in wrath since you mentioned that.

For the record, no one has said you can get a kill in a global, you just exaggerated that quite a bit. 60k is half a health bar, admittedly a lot, but not killing someone in a global.

I'm fine with lowering warrior damage, but how will you compensate given warrior doesn't have the utility that other classes have? At the moment you bring warriors for really good burst and pressure, without that why bring one?

Also Colossal Smash only contributes to damage, so it's nothing new other than a replacement to ARP. It's not utility. Heroic Leap would be good if it didn't fail half the time and give you an error message, also it doesn't stun and its on a 1m cd.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
GTL
12/18/2010 11:13 AMPosted by Sliphe
dude if that was a arms you would be more but hurt....

but honestly when soemone lines everything up they will hit you hard... its part of the game... just becasue that one in a million shot hit you does not mean go QQ on the fourms casue you got butt hurt

Except it doesn't require much lining up. When my class could do that too WITH LINING UP AND COOLDOWNS it wasn't okay, but it's okay if your class can?

You're wrong. It requires 75+ rage for inner rage, lambs to the slaughter(had to do a weak ms first to get the buff), Csmash, rend. Also after the burst the warrior will be on zero rage and unable to do anymore attacks for a few globals.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
please stop whining til you get 30 percent damage reduction and HP pools that reflect that kind of gear.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
First of all, that's 2 global cooldowns.

Second of all, you're a ret paladin.

Third of all, he was Fury. It looks like he had popped Death Wish and Recklessness and that he had Colossus Smashed you while Inner Rage was on.
Reply Quote
81 Orc Shaman
Pffft, you're in tol barad. Obviously tenacity

>.>

<.<

12/18/2010 7:33 AMPosted by Kayolyn
Its an evil mix of recklessness and CS.

Not justifying 60k damage, but dude did have tenacity AND used a 5 min CD AND a 20sec CD, then crit you with his hardest hitting attack. Id wager there are plenty of classes who could crit just as hard with as much or less setup. I've seen screen shots of destro locks, arc mages and ele shaman critting that hard. Crazy stuff can happen when you have tenacity.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
So a PvE geared warrior hit you hard when the stars aligned for him, and it still took of only 1/2 of your hp? I don't see a problem here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]