Merging servers ?

85 Goblin Shaman
Some server got like less than 5k peoples playing on it, should blizzard merge couple of lowest population to increase the community ???
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
good idea, wonder if anyone else has thought of this...
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
the only problem would be people having the same names. how would you decide who got to keep the name and who wouldn't. people would be angry for losing there name just because of a merge they had no choice in.
Edited by Evarett on 12/18/2010 3:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
OH MY GOD I WILL HAPPILY CHANGE ALL OF MY CHARACTERS NAMES IF NEED BE! MY SERVER IS SO LOW POPULATION IT MAKES ME WANT TO VOMIT! The Venture Co is such a dead server, I can't level my guild it's ridiculous! PLEASE HELP BLIZZARD >:( I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO WORLD PVP AND RAIDS AGAIN!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Blizzard figures since they know people would not want a server merge so they can keep their names, they'll just force you to pay to server transfer so they get money. This is why Blizz will not be doing merges unless that server literally has next to zero populates.
Reply Quote
6 Dwarf Priest
worked for china...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
my server is beyond depressing i would love to change servers
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
if drak tharon got a merge i might go back
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
an AH that goes between servers may help servers too and they could take several servers that r low pop and combine them
Reply Quote
06/23/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Cielos
Then realize Blizzard will never merge servers.

...and thank god that the people in charge do not listen to the screams of the masses.

06/23/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Cielos
They'll just allow cross server raiding before they do that.

Again, thank god. Blizz understands that server mergers is a band-aid fix. At some point down the road, they will need to do it again, and again, and again.

Many people do not realize, WoW is going to have live servers for a very long time. It could even be decades not years. Working on something that will solve it for the rest of the life of the game is far better than having toband-aid it up every year or two.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
cool necro
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Merging servers is the solution to the lack of activity in many servers, there are totally dead servers out there, as well as mid size servers that could use a bump from more players, what is the point in having 250 servers anyway? Blizzard has lost many accounts over the last 3-4 years, its time to adjust the server ratio a bit more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Soon the only servers you get to choose from will be the following; West Coast: PVP and PVE
East Coast PVP and PVE. and of course, RP and RPpvp.

edit: god damn thread necro ;d
Edited by Capnhammer on 7/4/2012 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/04/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Daemian
Merging servers is the solution to the lack of activity in many servers

As I said almost 2 weeks ago, server mergers are a band-aid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I'm on a realm that I joined in 2005 and it's marked as a medium population realm. However, actually playing on it the last year or two it's felt more dead than active. They do need to merge them. They must not be doing it because they must think people will return and in doing so re-create the 2006 over population problem if they did merge them. They're giving us cross-realm zones, but it looks like you have to group with people for that. It's not the same.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]