Elitist Jerks and you!

85 Human Paladin
ok so i see a lot of posts about how ret sucks or how people are having trouble figuring some things out and having poor DPS

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/

go here, read it all, its not perfect yet but it has A LOT of useful info
so insead of complaining, do some research

good luck
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I went there once asked how to convert an excel 07 to an excel 03 seeing it was all I had available and they ##!@%ed me out since then I haven't or won't go back if thats how they want to act who needs them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You can try OpenOffice, but you probably won't have any better luck than I have had trying to get either to work. Both sheets are nearly unusable in it, and after using the Microsoft compatibility tools to convert xlsm to xls to try and get them into older versions of excel (google, dude, seriously), Exemplar's is reduced to basically a pretty text file that spits out errors every time you click things. wtb rawr dev. >.<
Reply Quote
Why does everyone run to EJ when there's a problem? They don't know everything, in most cases they @#$% it up and then someone on these forums or MMO champ corrects them, then they try to take the credit for it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I've never really been a huge fan of EJ, not the best group of people.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Elitist Jerks Paladin forums have actually posted many inaccuracies and left out many details in their guides.

As it is the beginning of the expansion, the vast majority of the threads on EJ are outdated and a LOT of their information doesn't include any recent changes. Most of it is from data collected in the Beta and just before Cata. The rest is just theorycrafting.

The ret thread is good but you have to remember that the dps guides on EJ are assuming a 100% uptime on the boss - When your 'rotation' as it is is broken or you must switch targets things tend to change. Your dps will almost never be what the maximum is. I believe the full 372 or 359 ilvl gear for ret has an assumed 18-19k dps with 100% uptime on a single target.

Take EJ as a useful tool. It's a foundation for which to build upon, not law.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/19/2010 2:57 AMPosted by Illidria
Why does everyone run to EJ when there's a problem? They don't know everything, in most cases they @#$% it up and then someone on these forums or MMO champ corrects them, then they try to take the credit for it.

Where else are you going to find out that mastery is a horrific stat and should be reforged, what meta to use until the chaotics get fixed? Not all the EJ forums are good, some are outright useless, but the people who do the ret theory are pretty crazy about it. The only one that's probably better are the two DK dps threads, sadly.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
lolgoons
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I want EJ's babies.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/19/2010 12:14 PMPosted by Ryyl
I want EJ's babies.

i want EJ to get their tanking info up to snuff.
oh
and not fail at tanking info in general.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/19/2010 3:13 AMPosted by Allíe

The guild name wasn't a clue?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Nothing wrong with being perfectionists with an arrogant streak.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/19/2010 12:50 PMPosted by Ryyl
Nothing wrong with being perfectionists with an arrogant streak.

i'm all for being a perfectionist with an arrogant streak unfortunately their pretty terrible at being perfectionists.

their info is frequently out of date, or outright wrong, they take other theory-crafter's work as their own and frankly rwar's modeling is terrible for tanks especially now that heavily weighed stamina models are not always ideal.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tankspot for tanking, man.

Using rawr right now, as the disclaimer will tell you, is not a good idea. Rawr2 is no longer supported, and the silverlight version is extremely buggy still.

And you've always been able to change the settings to weigh stam lower in the paladin model.

Edit; though IIRC a lot of the numerical basis for the pally tanking theory at EJ comes from Theck, which gets posted at maintankadin and tankspot. Even if you hate EJ, the numbers you'd see there are just about always going to be the same numbers you see on other sources.
Edited by Cayse on 12/19/2010 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
12/19/2010 1:02 PMPosted by Rèpent
i'm all for being a perfectionist with an arrogant streak unfortunately their pretty terrible at being perfectionists.

this is what i was getting at when I said I didn't like them.
Reply Quote
....They call themselves Elitist Jerks for a reason...

They are site a visit but not the only one. I usually google what I am looking for and visit several sites. I also ask my veteran guildmates as they can actually guide me through things online rather then tell me how to do it in a post and hope I am doing it right.
Reply Quote
12/19/2010 12:48 PMPosted by Vindicare

The guild name wasn't a clue?

Elitist Jerk is one thing, these guys are just Bitter Jerks.

BEHOLD, THE CROTCHETY OLD MEN OF THE FUTURE!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]