Thinking of quitting healing

90 Night Elf Druid
well I have been healing since Vanilla wow and I did not used to think I was a bad healer but then I hit lvl 85 and it's what I cast 5 heals and I'm OOM, and it's no fun copping abuse from PUG's becaus you let them die. I just don't think it's balanced I swap to DPS and I can DPS untill the cows come home never running out of mana, but healing is just Hell.
If I'm ment to be a single target heler now those are slow cost alot and don't heal all that much with out the HOT's.
So either I really am a bad healer or I'm just doing it all wrong now. all I know is it's no longer fun and thank you Blizz for making a job harder when there is allready a shortage of healers.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Alot of people feel the same, people are quitting the entire game over the issue. Generally the people that love it have obviously struck luck in LFD's.

I personally cancelled mine and looking forward to all the spare time, but before I get ripped off ill just play till 29th dec and delete my characters so I don't urge to comeback to this money pit.
Reply Quote
Interesting. I find the 85 healing model to be very similar to vanilla wow, but maybe its just me (and priests).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I agree with Mula....The "new" healing is horrible...even on my druid!! The oom problem really needs to be fixed. I keep hearing from players "use more efficient heals" and "strategically heal". Ok well done both and still go oom. I loved healing but now hate it!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
it's what I cast 5 heals and I'm OOM

So either I really am a bad healer or I'm just doing it all wrong now.

That depends. You ARE a bad healer if you do not have the will to learn how things work now. You maybe are just doing it all wrong now but if you have the will then you are a good healer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
well I did say thinking of quitting I may have just landed alot of abusive trolls today that are making 2nd 2nd guessing myself
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/18/2010 11:07 PMPosted by Wiarumas
Interesting. I find the 85 healing model to be very similar to vanilla wow, but maybe its just me (and priests).

Except in Vanilla we had downranked spells to help conserve mana
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/18/2010 11:12 PMPosted by Spiritual
I agree with Mula....The "new" healing is horrible...even on my druid!! The oom problem really needs to be fixed. I keep hearing from players "use more efficient heals" and "strategically heal". Ok well done both and still go oom. I loved healing but now hate it!

I've changed everything about the way I heal and although I can control my OOM mych better now, I've noticed one thing. The heals Blizz is forcing us to use don't keep tanks or groups up very well. WTG Blizz.
Reply Quote
12/18/2010 11:21 PMPosted by Thunderhelm

Except in Vanilla we had downranked spells to help conserve mana

"Heal" is the downranked spell. In fact, the spell I used to downrank to was the later ranks of Heal.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I have choosen to cancel my account if they dont show any signs of fixing the boring two button mash game after a month. i dont mind seeing the heroics "harder" but really being forced to use healing wave/heal/holy light ect like a spam fest until my finger cramps and not being allowed to use the other spells in fear of going oom and killing my group? Who in the Blizz world thought spaming a 2 sec cast spell fun? "We dont want healing to be spammy, we want you to choose what spells to use, we want you to go oom."

I went from using riptide,chain heal, healing wave, chainlighting, lighting bolt, my shock spells to SPAMMING healing wave.
I cant CHOOSE the spells I want because I WILL go oom and people will die.
This is like the mean people who post "L2p, BAddie, Your doing it Wrong" Blizz is telling me I CAN'T be diffrent from the other healing classes, I CAN'T play the way I want to because then I will be doing it WRONG, so my fun is not the point of playing their game.

Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
12/18/2010 11:16 PMPosted by Pyren
it's what I cast 5 heals and I'm OOM

So either I really am a bad healer or I'm just doing it all wrong now.

That depends. You ARE a bad healer if you do not have the will to learn how things work now. You maybe are just doing it all wrong now but if you have the will then you are a good healer.

Nice selective quotes, perhaps you should have included another part that was also of relevance . "all I know is it's no longer fun"

If he doesn't enjoy the new model and doesn't want to or have the will to relearn how healing works now it doesn't make him bad.

Get off your high horse, and stop being short sighted. Not everything this world is black or white.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Agreed. The mobs hit very hard and tanks are losing health way faster than I can heal them. And having to drink after EVERY trash pull is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Heal takes way too long and doesn't heal enough. I do use it to conserve mana but it just isn't getting the job done. If we are forced to predict damage then make our 2 sec cast heal greater so we can at least get them to above half health.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I don't really have that much of a problem with the mana regen nerf. The thing I find most annoying is that my heals don't heal for much better than they did in wrath. Like, I am supposed to use normal heal now....fine and dandy...but in heroics it is way too slow and heals for what, 7k? C'mon blizzard fix healing already! Heals are extremely weak even in full 85 heroic gear. Don't even get me started on pvp healing lol, can't even heal myself through a hunter's pet which is a disgrace ._.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
PVP healing is even worse, try casting that Blizz loving 2 sec heal and see if you live a sec after mashing that button. My lvl 81 mage took down a lvl 85 disc priest while trying to heal himself, after i killed him I felt alittle sad, knowing my priest will suffer the same fate soon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
hmmmm Predicting damage now if I could do that I would use it to predict the lottl numbers. Druids were never ment to predict damage Blizz thats why you gave us HOTS and now you have made the HOTS bad :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
most people dont know how to avoid damage when u clearly can "GET OUT OF THE FIRE!!"

this is where our prob lie's and blizz has forced us as healers to deal with
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/18/2010 11:41 PMPosted by Olonia
most people dont know how to avoid damage when u clearly can "GET OUT OF THE FIRE!!"

this is where our prob lie's and blizz has forced us as healers to deal with

the solution they gave us was the god syndrome where we have to decide who lives or dies which isn't right. healers are supposed to heal everyone not when someone make a simple mistake they pay in a hefty repair bill
Reply Quote
12/18/2010 10:59 PMPosted by Müläflaga
well I have been healing since Vanilla wow and I did not used to think I was a bad healer but then I hit lvl 85 and it's what I cast 5 heals and I'm OOM, and it's no fun copping abuse from PUG's becaus you let them die. I just don't think it's balanced I swap to DPS and I can DPS untill the cows come home never running out of mana, but healing is just Hell.
If I'm ment to be a single target heler now those are slow cost alot and don't heal all that much with out the HOT's.
So either I really am a bad healer or I'm just doing it all wrong now. all I know is it's no longer fun and thank you Blizz for making a job harder when there is allready a shortage of healers.

Your regen is very low. You want just about every piece of gear to have spirit on it.

Also, realize that you usually don't have to top people off right away. When dps takes damage, don't panic and throw your high mana cost spells at them right away, unless they are literally an inch from death. Balance efficiency with expediency and you can bring players back up to a safe hp level slowly but surely.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
FIX IT BLIZZARD U HAVE ENOUGH PPL COMPLAINING TO JUSTIFY A FIX
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]