Thinking of quitting healing

85 Tauren Shaman
Right now i would take being a god over feeling helpless to save people, kinda hurts the healing part of me, i choose to heal people when i rolled a healing class, i was once called a healbot when halls of lighting came out when i was on my holy pally on the last boss, I use to dread that place because of Lokin or how ever you spell his name.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It sounds to me like you actually are a bad healer but you just didn't notice it until now because you played a druid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Your regen is very low. You want just about every piece of gear to have spirit on it.

Also, realize that you usually don't have to top people off right away. When dps takes damage, don't panic and throw your high mana cost spells at them right away, unless they are literally an inch from death. Balance efficiency with expediency and you can bring players back up to a safe hp level slowly but surely.

Thank you for the tip I will reforge everything. it's nice to get a good tip from people and not just criticism from trolls who think they are god
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest

Except in Vanilla we had downranked spells to help conserve mana

"Heal" is the downranked spell. In fact, the spell I used to downrank to was the later ranks of Heal.
At the beginning of vanilla WoW, Greater Heal was a 4 second cast. Everyone healed with Flash Heal. It wasn't until around BWL that it was made 2.5 sec, but there was still a difference: If you needed to top someone off quickly in a single cast, you could still use your max rank heal.

Also, I don't remember exactly when +damage/healing" gear started becoming popular, but originally, gear only came with regular stats on them.
Edited by Enum on 12/18/2010 11:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/18/2010 11:49 PMPosted by Foxfyre
It sounds to me like you actually are a bad healer but you just didn't notice it until now because you played a druid.

I have 1 of every healing class Bar a Priest but thanks for the criticism
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
12/18/2010 11:49 PMPosted by Foxfyre

Sounds to me you had nothing constructive to add to this thread, you're part of the problem, not the solution.

/shoo
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Why is he a bad healer? I have played every class that can heal and loved everyone of them because they WERE all diffrent, now they are all the same just diffrent names for spells. Druids were the Hot class, pally the bringer from the brink of death, priest the sheilder of Damage, Shammy totem carrying Bloodlust raid healer, now they are all the same spam your lowest costing spell and if it calls for it cast your big spell..
Reply Quote

"Heal" is the downranked spell. In fact, the spell I used to downrank to was the later ranks of Heal.
At the beginning of vanilla WoW, Greater Heal was a 4 second cast. Everyone healed with Flash Heal. It wasn't until around BWL that it was made 2.5 sec, but there was still a difference: If you needed to top someone off quickly in a single cast, you could still use your max rank heal.

Also, I don't remember exactly when +damage/healing" gear started becoming popular, but originally, gear only came with regular stats on them.

Yep. Around the time that GHeal was made 2.5 cast, they started releasing +healing gear. I believe there was a BoP tailoring recipe for Truefaith with mooncloth, prophecy/transcendence, and Benediction that had +healing. With enough +spellpower, we began downranking. Heal was great during this time because it had a 2 second cast, healed as much as a flash heal, and had a VERY low mana cost (since it was like a level 20 spell that was like 300 healing for 100 mana... which was great with +healing). It was perfect for sniping heals in MC when mana was an issue.
Edited by Wiarumas on 12/19/2010 12:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I wonder if Blizz is ignoring us, it's been a problem since release. They are usually pretty time efficient with at least some replies.
Reply Quote
12/18/2010 11:27 PMPosted by Spiritual
Agreed. The mobs hit very hard and tanks are losing health way faster than I can heal them. And having to drink after EVERY trash pull is ridiculous.

Perhaps you will tell me that you are not in the gear I think you're in, but you seem to have avoided Spirit on gear in a number of places. A very large number, actually. That's not how it works anymore, if you want to have mana to play with. It will be much easier for you if you fix that before Heroics.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
the only reason to bring a shaman heals to a raid now is totems and earth shield. bringing a shaman for lust is now useless due to mages getting the number 1 reason people took shamans....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
well I have had my Rant and no I'm not going to quit healing I just have to stop letting Troll players getting under my skin. Well I'm off to work on my gear and let all the troll pug dps die to hell with them see you all in the fynny pages
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
12/19/2010 12:15 AMPosted by Müläflaga
well I have had my Rant and no I'm not going to quit healing I just have to stop letting Troll players getting under my skin. Well I'm off to work on my gear and let all the troll pug dps die to hell with them see you all in the fynny pages

have fun getting kicked by pugs for not healing :P

if ur a healer u cant win....
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
QQ.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
For the priesties, I highly recommend you read the how to guides on the priest forums. They will clarify much about current state of healing as a priest, how you're supposed to do your rotations and what gear/enchant to wear etc.
Holy priests are actually in a pretty good spot atm and it just takes some getting used to new mechanics and type of healing to get it right.
Coming in and trying a dry run with no preparation reading wise, with the rotations you're used to from wrath, will leave you oom very quickly and confused about what you're doing wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
You shouldn't have to be "geared" to have enough mana to play the game. I can't even DPS at BG's because I go OOM. Most healers stand around OOM and cast measly heals ... less powerful heals than we had at lvl 80. And DPS has increases. Why wasn't the cost of mana increased for DPS classes like mages and locks? They never go OOM and healers have no chance against them now.

I wouldn't dream of doing a random dungeon as a healer and listen to a bunch of jerks QQ because you go OOM.

This game has become nothing but stress. I have a job that provides enough stress.... don't need more.
Edited by Darvaria on 12/19/2010 12:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
I don't think a lot of the people complaining realize that you need to stack a lot of INT and spirit.

There have been only a couple of bosses that I've run out of mana on or just barely ran out of mana on. I still have HoH to use or a mana too.

Most of the time there is a wipe, it'll involve a mistake in the tank or dps somewhere which essentially makes me need to heal in excess to keep everyone alive.

OP: If you have to, let a dps die. I rather take 1 death and kill the boss than wipe.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think a lot of the complaints would be nulled if Blizz had artificially increased everything by 50% (heals, health, raid damage, dps, boss health). Just so people would feel "stronger".

That aside, for people who are complaining druids are no longer a hot healer, LB and WG were around 60% of my healing on Magmaw-10 (I usually go through logs more precisely, but I accidentally cleared mine and our usual logger wasn't there). Rejuv was another 15% or so I believe, with the remaining as HTs. Healing comp was me, a Holy Pally and a Resto Sham - I ended the fight with around 40% mana and was a little behind the HPally in output. Overall, given my unsophisticated gearing, I wasn't expecting much more.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
you got problems? I got solutions ... let bad DPS die when they rage leave group/quit know its not your fault unless tank dies generally this way those bad DPS who should just not be playing will leave and you healers who CAN play but people say CANT to compensate for their own stupid will remain :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]