Stupid Things Said to Pallies in Groups....

90 Draenei Paladin
Tank: Healer is down! Pally, heal me!
*boss is at 80%*

Me: But....

Tank: HEAL!!!!

Me: *waves arms around, heals critting the tank for amazing amounts of FAIL.... OOM....*

Tank: OMG you suck!

Me: Yyyyyup.

-------

-Last boss in Heroic Vortex Pinnacle-

*DK tank pulls boss without the group being ready. Shammy Healer gets face-smashed*

Warrior: Dispel the roots!!!

Me: *casts HoF* We really should wipe this btw. No healer.

Mage: Shut up and DISPEL!

*wipe*

Mage: Stop bull#$%&ing us! We know Pallies have Dispel! We had one Dispelling last night! Learn to play your class.

Me: I will, as soon as my class magically becomes a Priest.

*Thaelogg has been kicked from group*

------

Anymore new gems since Cata?

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I got a "Oh we got a ret pally, their dps is probably going to be bad" /insta kick
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Nothing stupid enough to be remembered has been said to me, but I do remember a rogue tried to roll against me on Throngus's Finger

Yeaaaaah.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
My grouped died in reg because they didn't get in the triangle, so they all released, I popped CD's and self healed. A minute later, guys I think the instance is bugged, the healer says the tank is alive still! Shaman says can you please kill yourself so we can get the loot, ret pally says I'll probably die soon anyways, two minutes later I decide to be nice and let myself die so they can get a chance at some healing pants and a gun, the Resto druid, lock, ele shammy and ret pally were sad face...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Enter heroic with 3 people from same guild on another server and a random rogue who's from my server
    hunter: Oh here we go. Another paladin trying to dps watch me double his dps
    WarTank: Hey Ret if you cant out dps our best dps (their hunter) we will kick you out
    Me: My dps will be horrible in AoE fights just to let you guys know
    Spriest: ...
    Me: I'll Try to do my best
    Rogue: lets do this

First boss comes
    hunter: if you cant do better dps than i you will be kicked, you *!%$
    Me: no need to be rude

Fight ends
    me doing 10k
    hunter doing 6 and rogue doing 8-9k.
    hunter: F- YOU!!!!

Got kicked
Get message from rogue who's from the same server as I.
    Rogue: they're pretty pissed. GJ on your dps.
    Me: thanks

Another hunter in another dungeon heroic
    hunter: Buff my pet plz
    Me: I cant do that
    hunter: BUFF MY PET OR YOU WILL BE KICKED
    Me: I told you i cant buff pets anymore
    hunter: Liar!!!!

Hunter leaves
Edited by Taeyion on 12/19/2010 12:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I've been asked to CC elementals and summon. It still amazes me to this day how many people like that are out there, and then they tell others to learn their classes.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It wasn't said, but I couldn't help but sigh over our tank earlier in Throne of Tides. I had 47k health, the second lowest health pool in the group. Our tank had... 35k. And didn't even bother rolling need on all the juicy plate mail that dropped... I'm sorry dude, but your level 200 purples suck now.
Reply Quote
12/19/2010 12:26 AMPosted by Thaelogg
I've been asked to CC elementals and summon. It still amazes me to this day how many people like that are out there, and then they tell others to learn their classes.

I honestly don't know who can CC what anymore. Sap doesn't even say nowadays (even logged onto my rogue to check...). The good news is that as long as people watch their threat, I can and have healed through elemental fights without cc. Of course, you don't see me bossing people around and saying l2p either.

Is there a place with current information on all types of cc?

edit~ nvm, I found someone with it all laid out nicely
Edited by Janaire on 12/19/2010 3:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I just want to start by saying, I have successfully healed heroics. No one has ever yelled at me in the event of a wipe.

Two guild dps and myself get a NORMAL, Grim Batol group. Warrior has 120k hp buffed. That's okay, as long as he can let CC be set up.

Nope, tank is in Lich King mode, pulls every group with no CC. It's a struggle to keep him alive at the pace he's going. I have to sit between every fight. I only need to sit between Boss Fights, if that even...if done right on normal. Crits are insane...

Finally he pulls a group, we're about halfway in, and then another groups adds...8 Mobs who can all critical strike the tank...He was dead within 5-7 seconds.

Tank: Come on healer, you suk! Why are you waiting to heal? Spam HL, FoL...

Me: HEY!!!
Why don't you get better gear if you are going to pull like that! You're taking way to much damage! You have to set up CC!

Tank: We don't need CC, you should be able to heal through this! **** you!

Guildies: Actually you kind of need CC...

Tank: No we ****** don't!

Me: ( VOTE KICK: Reason: D-B**)

Exit Tank...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
"ret pallys have avenger shield right?"

me: Yes

That's about it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Randomed into regular Grim Batol for the first time a couple of days ago. DK tank is apparently the only one who's been there before. Without a word he charges off into the distance and starts pulling packs without marking for CC or kill order. I keep him alive, but have to drink after every pull.

This continues for about 15 minutes or so until we get to the forge. The first gronn pack leaves me with 40% mana, at which point the tank goes ahead and body-pulls Throngus. By some miracle we get through with no deaths. After the fight, I ask if we can try CCing a couple of the adds (we had a hunter and shaman in the group).

He says "yeah, if you want to CC go ahead."

Assuming that the DPS haven't been CCing because they don't know how, I start to ask the hunter to ice-trap one of the humanoids in the next gronn pack. 5 seconds later the DK pulls.

While I'm drinking after the pull (grumble), I ask him again if he's planning to wait for crowd control. His reply? "If you want to CC you should do it yourself, I'm not waiting around for you." And then he drops.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/19/2010 2:28 AMPosted by Janaire

Is there a place with current information on all types of cc?

edit~ nvm, I found someone with it all laid out nicely

Share?
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Paladin
yesterday running a random dungeon I had a DK who was running around the room spamming WAKE UP TANK! carrying one NPC while I had at least a 10 pax Mob on me and I was holding Aggro just fine LOL I responded HEY J@#KA$$ why don't you pull that Sh3t to me when you have aggro BTW my DPS WAS the highest in the group Just to toss that out there
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't had anything bad so far in regulars, but i have noticed that 3/4 tanks i've been with (1 being a guildie) that the tanks are not waiting for people to do much of anything. Tank pulls a big mob, I'm low on health and mana, healer is out of mana, literally just sit down and the tanks take off.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
was checking this forum before play with my pally again. ive been tanking on this toon regular 85s and still dunno why ppl say they need cc, especially grim batol, after burn half life of mobs mounted on dragons, trash becomes too easy there, i just pull whole group on me, and healer goes half mana which is ok, having to drink every 2 pulls dont bother me, i just wait and then pull again. ppl havent complain so far as i keep aggro on all mobs. Ill save cc for heroics.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
12/18/2010 11:44 PMPosted by Thaelogg
Me: *waves arms around, heals critting the tank for amazing amounts of FAIL.... OOM....*

That made me laugh. If the boss is almost dead, I'll take over healing, though at this point I'm usually near death myself if it's been going just that well.

There's always been the neat "I didn't know pally's could DPS" I got once when going into a random.

In Wrath, there were several occasions of this in heroics:

Tank: brb phone/child choking/house on fire

Healer: *waits a good 3 secs* Ret, turn on righteous fury and tank this boss.

Me: But...

Healer: It's Wrath, I can heal. Gogogogogo

Me (the sucker): *Generating great threat, group is fine. Hunter then also pulls a group of mobs, manage control somehow, frantically healing self*

Healer: *looking at my body on top of the mobs, rest of group alive* WTH Why isn't your defense maxed out?

Me: ....

Tank: *returns and is laughing*

On the flip side I actually had healers leave a dungeon because they said I was boring to heal as a tank. Sorry I wasn't being crit within an inch of my life every three seconds. Next time I'll wear cloth so it's more entertaining.

Oh, I still get the people asking for me to cleanse magic effects. I even link the spell and they still don't believe I can't do it anymore.

I played a pally also on a PvP server before Wrath. Don't get me started on what I heard during that time...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Tank: Healer is down! Pally bubble me
Me: I can only bubble myself (cast LoH on tank)
Tank: Shut up and bubble me

...Wipe..

Tank: You stupid Pally if you had done as I told you we wouldn't have wiped.
Me: First, I told you I couldn't. Second, bubble on tank = tanking fail.
Tank: You #@%#ty dps you know #@%# about tanking, I know what Im doing
Me: Which is why the healer died first right?

"Jadesky has been Kicked from group"
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/19/2010 11:24 AMPosted by Alford
was checking this forum before play with my pally again. ive been tanking on this toon regular 85s and still dunno why ppl say they need cc, especially grim batol, after burn half life of mobs mounted on dragons, trash becomes too easy there, i just pull whole group on me, and healer goes half mana which is ok, having to drink every 2 pulls dont bother me, i just wait and then pull again. ppl havent complain so far as i keep aggro on all mobs. Ill save cc for heroics.

I don't really understand this comment. You should CC so you get:

1.) Experience with having to CC things (and not breaking it)
2.) Understand pulls better
3.) More efficiant heals to everyone

Regardless of how much life you have, dmg you DON'T take, or how big a mana pool the healer has, CCing has no negitive drawbacks. When a group CC's they reduce the chance for:

1.) DPS to screw up (stepping in fire etc.)
2.) Failure in Heroics (You make people experience CCing more)
3.) The healer to run out of mana (Face it, Unless I'm grinding rep, I'm not doing anything but heroics)

To add to this thread:

One time I was told to stop QQing:

*Notice I'm a healer*

- Pulls Wyrmlord in H Grim Batol

- Dragon spawns

- Tank doesn't move out of fire, DPS is all melee and doesn't move

- Tank dies
Me: "Tank move please, fire isn't good ^^" (Obviously just letting the guy know)
Tank: "So sorry next time can you DPS him better, If he dies then we don't have to worry about it"
Tank: "Yea I just looked at Recount said you were only pulling 5k DPS, stop being a newb and l2p"
Group: "Ummm he's a healer and my recounter is showing only about 16DPS (From judgements) overall"
Tank: "Oh right then..."

Another time in H Lost City

- Recently we just wiped

*Everyone is eating/drinking*

Next thing I see the tank pulls 4 mobs + merchants, we arn't buffed, healed, and tank is sitting at around 35% health (me at 100% mana from spirit regen)

-Group wipes-
Tank: "God ****it healer L2 Heal plz, I'm tired of newbs like you failing my groups in heroics"

Group: "Are you blind?? You had 35% health and we were unbuffed"

Me: "Plus we were unbuffed and no one CC'd, why don't you L2Look"

Tank: "Are you kidding me? Buffs are for the weak! Only newbs use Buffs"

Tank: "Also, Failadin; why don't you use Turn Undead on the Mobs to CC?"

*Tank was a paladin*

Me: "Look at the tooltip"

Tank: "...."

"Tank leaves party"

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Boss does aoe damage to everyone and its up to healer to keep everyones health up.

DPS to me - "Shield us from damage."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]