What do you call a class that...

85 Blood Elf Paladin
...can break any snare and root any time it wants?
...can shield wall twice?
...can stealth?
...can stun three different ways and interrupt?
...can always run at +45% speed?
...can instantly close distance twice?
...has most of its damage ignore all armor and resistances?
...can make itself immune to fear for 15 seconds?
...can instantly CC somebody 20 yards away for 6 seconds?
...has a 10 second snare that can only be removed by two classes that is automatically applied on each attack?

You call them a Feral Druid.

Feral Druids are too good right now. They are the new Ret Paladins (don't bother pointing out the irony of a Ret Paladin saying this, I play many different classes) in the sense that they can do everything. They have no weaknesses - casters can't CC them and melee can't burn through their Bear Form or get away from them.

Suggestions:
-Berserk no longer makes you fear immune. They are already able to counter snares, roots, and polymorph, adding fear immunity for 15 seconds (even on a 3min cd) is too much.
-Using Predatory Strikes on Cyclone has an internal cooldown of 30 seconds. It's absurd that they have Pounce, Maim, Bash, the best snare in the game (it has no opportunity cost and has a 100% proc rate, compare and then a 20 yard Cyclone on what is effectively a very short cooldown.
-Survival Instincts cannot be used in Cat Form. Barkskin, high dodge chance, and insane mobility is enough survivability.
-Bleed damage reduced, Shred/Ferocious damage increased. Too much of their damage ignores armor. Ignoring some armor is fine but the current proportion is too much.
-4pc PVP bonus changed. 45% run speed all the time PLUS near-immunity to snares and roots PLUS two gap closers? It's too much mobility.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Honestly, feral isn't anywhere near the biggest problem pvp has at the moment. Youv'e got mages first and foremost, warriors, certain dk skills (necrotic strike, hungering cold), and you have the few rogues you run across flying under the radar.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Their damage certainly does seem to be out of control at the moment. Most any other single dps on me while I'm healing and I'm not very worried... while I may lose eventually I can hold out for a good while against any other dps. If a feral gets on me, I'm toast very quick.

I'm hoping that more resil will help this situation but that isn't really going to change the fact that their damage is currently higher than a lot of the other classes in pvp. Now that they also have a spell interupt is just icing on the cake.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
What's this about necrotic strike? Last I heard the healing it absorbs never moves from like 5.5k.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
nom nom pally tears.. its been so long!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Wait, glyph of strangulate? The extra 2 seconds for using it to interrupt a cast? Am I being trolled?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
A 100% healing absorb that ends at like 5.5k right? My 80 and quest gear priest can heal through that in a second. Idk, I haven't gotten much time using it ingame yet so perhaps it's more useful in practice. Though it does cost a U rune which takes away a FU strike.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Ah now I see. Plus the cast time debuff and it becomes a sick move.

*whistles*
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Feral is exactly like S5 ret. You rarely ever saw them in arena, never saw them post on the forums. They're given a huge buff, and suddenly there's 5 in every BG and hundreds of them posting about how they're fine and you need to l2p on the forums.

Actually, a better analogy would be to shadow priests after they were buffed and made pvp viable in wrath. The qq storm on the ddf was huge because everyone wanted their free hk back. Same story, different day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]