What do you call a class that...

85 Tauren Death Knight
Doing well 1vs1 yet bad in a group sounds like poor placement/engagements.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Mage
I call them ridiculously OP, remember back when the incredible versatility of being able to play all three roles and all the other goodies a druid has was balanced by reduced damage, healing and tanking capabilities compared to classes with much less versatility?

That said Blizzard has clearly signaled for years that druids are one of their pet classes so roll with it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
There aren't any consequences in counterstrile but you don't see anyone taking down raid bosses there.
Reply Quote
23 Dwarf Hunter
12/19/2010 7:39 AMPosted by Jpmlöl
I've done 34 2s games since S9 started.

According to ArenaHistorian, 28 of them had feral druids. 100% of them had either a feral druid, warrior, or mage.

The exact same thing happened with 3.0 ret. Stop being stupid. You're not skilled, you're the new FOTM.

so we are balancing around 2v2? which has traditionally been ferals best bracket?
Reply Quote
23 Dwarf Hunter
...can break any snare and root any time it wants?
...can shield wall twice?
...can stealth?
...can stun three different ways and interrupt?
...can always run at +45% speed?
...can instantly close distance twice?
...has most of its damage ignore all armor and resistances?
...can make itself immune to fear for 15 seconds?
...can instantly CC somebody 20 yards away for 6 seconds?
...has a 10 second snare that can only be removed by two classes that is automatically applied on each attack?

You call them a Feral Druid.

Feral Druids are too good right now. They are the new Ret Paladins (don't bother pointing out the irony of a Ret Paladin saying this, I play many different classes) in the sense that they can do everything. They have no weaknesses - casters can't CC them and melee can't burn through their Bear Form or get away from them.

Suggestions:
-Berserk no longer makes you fear immune. They are already able to counter snares, roots, and polymorph, adding fear immunity for 15 seconds (even on a 3min cd) is too much.
-Using Predatory Strikes on Cyclone has an internal cooldown of 30 seconds. It's absurd that they have Pounce, Maim, Bash, the best snare in the game (it has no opportunity cost and has a 100% proc rate, compare and then a 20 yard Cyclone on what is effectively a very short cooldown.
-Survival Instincts cannot be used in Cat Form. Barkskin, high dodge chance, and insane mobility is enough survivability.
-Bleed damage reduced, Shred/Ferocious damage increased. Too much of their damage ignores armor. Ignoring some armor is fine but the current proportion is too much.
-4pc PVP bonus changed. 45% run speed all the time PLUS near-immunity to snares and roots PLUS two gap closers? It's too much mobility.

?

feral charge cat puts you FARTHER AWAY THAN WHEN YOU STARTED. so that is not a gap closer. it is a great gap OPENER, but that is about it. and nobody uses skull bash as a gap closer (its faster to just run)

only gap closer we have is in bear, which makes sense.
Edited by Zanken on 12/19/2010 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
62 Draenei Death Knight
I've done 34 2s games since S9 started.

According to ArenaHistorian, 28 of them had feral druids. 100% of them had either a feral druid, warrior, or mage.

The exact same thing happened with 3.0 ret. Stop being stupid. You're not skilled, you're the new FOTM.

Hello to the other FOTM 3.0 class. Stop being stupid, we've always been better then you.
Reply Quote
82 Undead Warlock
I wonder if the OP realizes that feral had almost everything he mentioned in his post before Cataclysm, and nobody ever said they were overpowered then.

Every class sounds amazing when you just list out all the neat things they can do.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I wonder if the OP realizes that feral had almost everything he mentioned in his post before Cataclysm, and nobody ever said they were overpowered then.

Every class sounds amazing when you just list out all the neat things they can do.

I wonder if this poster realizes ferals haven't been insane in arenas pre cata because they lacked mortal strike and an interrupt.

ferals had an interupt. it just wasnt on demand or required some preparation to use

and lol even if feral had skull bash in wotlk they would still be terrible in arenas. that wouldnt have solved the 100% guaranteed strategy for gladiators against ferals teams to either put their back against the wall or focus the feral for an autowin.
Edited by Middboss on 12/19/2010 9:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

Nuh uh! They've just been so used to being the absolute bottom feeder that Blizzard hates and would never buff! They're like Goku after training at 100 times Earth's normal gravity!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]