Sub Rogue DPS Rotation?

85 Gnome Rogue
What is the best rotations out there right now for sub rogues and/or what rotations do you guys do?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Sub is not PvE viable.
Reply Quote
why does sub have the group buffs and pts adds from HaT if it not for group playing
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Point adding is mostly PVP related. Yeah, it can be used for other things, but sadly, Sub relies on popping in and out of stealth to maximize damage output. It was never meant for whack-a-mole boss fights.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
while it is true that sub has slightly lower max dps than other specs, the main issue is that there is a really complex rotation required to attain that dps. Start with garrote (i believe this does more damage than ambush, and you get a bleed on early, which is essential), then hemo. when you have 5 CP (wait for the HaT proc if needed) use rupture. You want it applied during the Master of Sub damage bonus, as well as when a bleed is already on them, to increase its damage. This boost will persist as long as you keep refreshing rupture via eviscerate. Assuming rupture won't fall off (and it is OK if it does if you can vanish and reapply) use SnD, then Recup. Your CP generator is backstab, use hemo every min so keep the debuff. I do not believe you should use hemo after the dot (assuming glyphed, not sure if it is worth it) wears off.

A quick disclaimer: I made this up (except for the DnD>recup part, btw if rupture falls off and only one buff is up, apply rupture last) based on some target dummy experiments in 4.0, so don't hold me to this.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I am not really sure that this subtlety rotation is effective id lean towards assassination if i were you but here is what i can tell you.

Firstly you will need to spec into HaT and energetic recovery and leave elusiv and waylay alone, finish the rest of your build with the other damage related abilities.

Gylphs: prime- hemo, backstab, Sdance/evis
major- ambush, TotT, CoS or whatever
minor- dont matter.

The rotation begins with premed shadowstep ambush immediately recuperate (for energy regen) next u want a 5cp SnD so hemo and backstab into SnD and these 3 up at all times.. HaT will help. the spec is 8/2/31
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
also every chance to use ambush just lay down several ambushes and finish with eviscerate timing these with ur trinket procs is advised lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I was sub dps for a while. It was really fun, more complicated then the other specs. However, the dps it generates is really low compared to the other two specs. Glyph SnD and Rupture, you will need it. My rotation began with premeditation. Start with Shadow step and Garrote then hemo, this should put you to 5 combo points(2 from prem, 1 from garrote or if you put points into Initiative which I highly recommend, 1 from hemo. Honor Among thieves should provide 1 if you didn't go down Initiative.). Use these 5 points for Recuperate for energy ticks, enter shadow dance and shadowstep then ambush. The first 4-5 put up rupture, the other 4-5 put up SnD. Backstab (hemo for refresh)for your points and refresh Recuperate. Refresh rupture via eviscerate and then SnD. Try not to drop Recuperate or else you will be energy deprived which will screw up the entire rotation. Enter Shadow Dance asap since it will be the quickest way to get combo points and to refresh your Recup, SnD, and execute Evis. Hope this helps :)
Edited by Midna on 12/21/2010 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I am playing assassin rogue is there any good rotation for me ?
I didn't figue out how to work with macro can someone show me how to do it step by step?
Someone told me to use garrote, SnD, mut, env, mul x 2, rupture, mul x2, env for boss fights. Is posible to put all those skill into 1 macro ?
How about the regular mobs? Do I use garrote for my opening too ? follow by mut, and env ?

Thanx for helping.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Toofast.. I go...

Garrote> Mut> Rupture> SnD> Mut til 5 CP> Envenom> .. then just refresh Rupture & Envenom.

Might Vanish & Garrote again too... Depeding on how long the fight is, for the faster energy regen.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Can I use macro to help me with the pve ? If so how can i create 1 for garrote>mut>rup>SnD>muti till 5 CP ? and so on.

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
Can I use macro to help me with the pve ? If so how can i create 1 for garrote>mut>rup>SnD>muti till 5 CP ? and so on.

Thanks

Neither yours, nor Potterini's rotations are quite correct. And no, you cannot make an 'I Win' button.

Seriously.

People, stop being lazy and continually asking for this. If the game has to play itself for you to be able to play, you are beyond any and all help anyone on these forums can give you.

Here's what you need to be doing as an assassination PVE rogue. Practice it until it's second nature.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2369743517?page=1#7
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
WOW great information I will try to read it

Thanx
Reply Quote
Gylphs: prime- hemo

Wrong.

, backstab, Sdance/evisp

eviscerate, slice and dice, and backstab.

The rotation begins with premed shadowstep ambush immediately recuperate (for energy regen) next u want a 5cp SnD so hemo and backstab into SnD and these 3 up at all times.. HaT will help. the spec is 8/2/31

Wrong.

Rotation starts with a premed, yes, but then you put that into slice and dice and then open with a ss ambush and put up recuperate.(a patch earlier in cata made it so snd can be used in stealth) You also don't want to use a 5cp recup or snd in the first place anyways, you want to put up what you can while making absolutely sure rupture doesn't fall off. Rupture should do the most damage per energy point of all your abilities. By the end of a 5 minute fight if you kept it up, it should have done over 450k damage at the cost of 0 energy.

You don't use hemo. Ever. It is significantly less dps than backstab, and since other classes will be putting up bleeds, you don't need a bleed.(especially since you shouldn't glyph it, so it won't cause a bleed in the first place)

You also didn't mention using rupture. Or shadow dance. Or vanish. Or anything really, your rotation is awful.

Toofast.. I go...

Garrote> Mut> Rupture> SnD> Mut til 5 CP> Envenom> .. then just refresh Rupture & Envenom.

Might Vanish & Garrote again too... Depeding on how long the fight is, for the faster energy regen.

This is wrong too...

You open with garrote, then put up rupture. You do not, I repeat DO NOT need a 4-5 CP rupture, you put whatever CPs you have when rupture is about to fall off into rupture. Whether it's 1, or 5, it doesn't matter.

It doesn't seem like a huge difference, but your rotation just lost a few hundred dps just off the opening 5 seconds...

To expand further, the reason you put up rupture before snd is because snd can't proc ruthlessness, which means to then get rupture up you HAVE to use a mutilate.

If you open with Garrote > rupture, you can proc ruthlessness, then put up SnD without ever having to mutilate. You will then have enough energy for two mutilates and an envenom.

However, if you put SnD up first, you will have to use a mutilate to get rupture up, and you already won't have enough energy for two more mutilates and an envenom to refresh SnD.
Edited by Theiah on 5/7/2011 9:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
sub is not complex, ive been raiding as sub for like 3 or 4 months now i enjoy it more then combat or assasination the dps with equal geared assasination rogue is about 2k less. It does less but not by much. Ambush>backstab> SND> backstabx3*>rupture>backstabx3*>recup>backstabx3*>Evicerate>backstabx3*>SnD. so on and so on keeping up snd recupt and rupture wiht evicerate. every second finisher is evicerate. as soon as you get to the boss target him so hot crits and heals will put CPs on the boss so you can pre snd.

use ShD to refresh your rupture. As ive found best dps from rupture is ambush you shouldhave 4 or 5 CPs evicerate ambush evicerate ambush wait for 5 CPs then what ever you need to refresh.

really if you want to learn SUB dps go to EJ

*=let HaT buld last 2 CPs
Edited by Slunk on 5/7/2011 10:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
What Is better for PvP sub assassin or Combat?

Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
05/07/2011 10:05 PMPosted by Slunk
ive been raiding as sub for like 3 or 4 months now i enjoy it more then combat or assasination the dps with equal geared assasination rogue is about 2k less. It does less but not by much.

How'd you only get 11k on Twilight Ascendant Council? I figured that would be one of the easier fights for Sub, but you did more on Omnomnom?

You kicked my butt on Magmaw and most of the rest of the fights. I think I've only beat you on Argaloth. Do you have to jump for Magmaw?
Edited by Bagoas on 5/11/2011 6:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]