Warriors make other melee classes obsolete.

85 Tauren Druid
I'm talking about PvP here, obviously.

And by "other melee classes" I mean "other than Feral Druids and Death Knights". The only reason Warriors don't make them obsolete is because of the utility those classes bring. However, the Death Knight is VERY close to being in the aforementioned "obsolete" category.

Having said that, in what PvP situation would you rather have a Rogue, Enhancement Shaman, or Ret Paladin? What major impact can those classes have on an encounter that a Warrior doesn't just outshine with their massive damage, multiple teleports to target, the best escape ability ever conceived (Heroic Leap), the second-best escape ability (Intervene), spammable anti-stealth, the second-best snare in the game, decent passive life regeneration when under attack... I'll stop there; I think we get the picture.

For as much as people complain about Feral mobility, it's absolutely nothing like a Warrior's. Ferals can break roots and snares by shifting repeatedly, but a Warrior doesn't care one bit about snares -- they barely affect their performance.

For as much as people complain about Feral self-healing, Warriors have just as much -- except it's totally passive. Ferals have to shift out to take advantage of Predatory Strikes procs, and Leader of the Pack is a ~8k heal on a 6-second cooldown that requires the Druid to land a crit (i.e. actually be attacking something). Warrior healing simply happens whenever you attack them, and gets even more powerful if you root or stun them. All the complaints about Feral bleeds, yet I have put a Mangle, Rake, and 5CP Rip on a Warrior, gone Bear to tank her, and watched her HP go UP as she attacked me (I made the grave mistake of hitting her with a Bash, it seems).

All that mobility and damage makes it hard to come up with a reason to even bring a Death Knight. Why Strangulate a caster when you can just have a Warrior tunnel vision them? Holy Paladin? No problem! Build a full Rage bar, Colossus Smash, and unload. Did the Paladin bubble to get a moment's peace? Warriors have a solution to that too.

Putting aside Feral Druids and their wonderful utility and CC... why bring any other melee besides Warriors to PvP these days?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
me orc smash with axe and guy died
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage

Ferals can break roots and snares by shifting repeatedly, but a Warrior doesn't care one bit about snares -- they barely affect their performance.

please stop posting
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
12/20/2010 10:36 PMPosted by Dudlite
me orc smash with axe and guy died

me hooman laff at glowly hand man on ground
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
12/20/2010 10:38 PMPosted by Solweaver
Ferals can break roots and snares by shifting repeatedly, but a Warrior doesn't care one bit about snares -- they barely affect their performance.

barely effect our performance? tell that to a frost nova that turns into a deep freeze that we die in. tell that to a mage thats frost and uses frostbolt after blinking away from the warriors charge/intercept/heroic leap. and your a druid a class that has feral which basically has a more op version of rogue and warrior inside its self. and if predatory strikes makes you go out of your form to use mabye you need to root them then cyclone them then heal yourself up? or hell even snare a warrior and run away in cheetah form and heal up reset it and come back. sure warriors have alot of things but we can still easily be kited and killed by classes that have heals they can actually cast.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
itt: all Warriors talk like cave men
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
me try smash droodid but when me smash i no hit. me angray at little kity kat me smash no work when me smash do work kitt kat turn into big bear me smash harder but bear no die
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
and Leader of the Pack is a ~8k heal on a 6-second cooldown

In addition, your melee critical strikes in Cat Form and Bear Form cause you to heal for 4% of your total health

8000/x = 4/100=
800,000/4x
200,000=x

How did you get 200,000 hp?
Edited by Phylum on 12/20/2010 11:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/20/2010 10:46 PMPosted by Bloodcraver
barely effect our performance? tell that to a frost nova that turns into a deep freeze that we die in. tell that to a mage thats frost and uses frostbolt after blinking away from the warriors charge/intercept/heroic leap. and your a druid a class that has feral which basically has a more op version of rogue and warrior inside its self. and if predatory strikes makes you go out of your form to use mabye you need to root them then cyclone them then heal yourself up? or hell even snare a warrior and run away in cheetah form and heal up reset it and come back. sure warriors have alot of things but we can still easily be kited and killed by classes that have heals they can actually cast.

Snares, not roots. Nobody doubts that rooting effects dramatically hurt Warriors, but they do the same to every melee class except Feral Druids. There's nothing new there.

Having said that, the only class that throws around a lot of rooting effects is Frost Mages, and they have always fared well against Warriors. This hasn't really changed, though a lot of people THINK it has.

I'm going to ignore all your whining about a Warrior fighting a Feral Druid solo. There is only one class that performs better in a 1v1 than a Feral Druid.

12/20/2010 11:06 PMPosted by Phylum
and Leader of the Pack is a ~8k heal on a 6-second cooldown

In addition, your melee critical strikes in Cat Form and Bear Form cause you to heal for 4% of your total health

8000/x = 4/100=
800,000/4x
200,000=x

How did you get 200,000 hp?

Self-buffed in full PvP gear I have 120k HP.

4% of that is 4800.
Increased by 20% because of Nurturing Instinct.
End result is around 5760, by the math.

This heal appears to be able to crit, because according to recount the highest proc that I have received was around 7800.

I rounded up, for argument's sake.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue
59K globals are balanced.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
MANDIBLEZ CRUSH!!!! ME NO LIKE BUBBLES *RAWRGH* POP DAH BUBBLE!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Warriors are stupidly overpowered, anyone who says otherwise had no idea what they're talking about.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
12/20/2010 10:17 PMPosted by Zephyrus
I'm talking about PvP here, obviously.

And by "other melee classes" I mean "other than Feral Druids and Death Knights". The only reason Warriors don't make them obsolete is because of the utility those classes bring. However, the Death Knight is VERY close to being in the aforementioned "obsolete" category.

Having said that, in what PvP situation would you rather have a Rogue, Enhancement Shaman, or Ret Paladin? What major impact can those classes have on an encounter that a Warrior doesn't just outshine with their massive damage, multiple teleports to target, the best escape ability ever conceived (Heroic Leap), the second-best escape ability (Intervene), spammable anti-stealth, the second-best snare in the game, decent passive life regeneration when under attack... I'll stop there; I think we get the picture.

For as much as people complain about Feral mobility, it's absolutely nothing like a Warrior's. Ferals can break roots and snares by shifting repeatedly, but a Warrior doesn't care one bit about snares -- they barely affect their performance.

For as much as people complain about Feral self-healing, Warriors have just as much -- except it's totally passive. Ferals have to shift out to take advantage of Predatory Strikes procs, and Leader of the Pack is a ~8k heal on a 6-second cooldown that requires the Druid to land a crit (i.e. actually be attacking something). Warrior healing simply happens whenever you attack them, and gets even more powerful if you root or stun them. All the complaints about Feral bleeds, yet I have put a Mangle, Rake, and 5CP Rip on a Warrior, gone Bear to tank her, and watched her HP go UP as she attacked me (I made the grave mistake of hitting her with a Bash, it seems).

All that mobility and damage makes it hard to come up with a reason to even bring a Death Knight. Why Strangulate a caster when you can just have a Warrior tunnel vision them? Holy Paladin? No problem! Build a full Rage bar, Colossus Smash, and unload. Did the Paladin bubble to get a moment's peace? Warriors have a solution to that too.

Putting aside Feral Druids and their wonderful utility and CC... why bring any other melee besides Warriors to PvP these days?

Best escape ability ever conceived...heroic leap!?!? Are you high or retarded?

You faced one warrior who managed to heal through your ridiculous DoT's and you are #*#*%ing? EVERY feral druid I fight it's the same %@%!, mark me up with bleeds, go in to bear form, watch me die.

Quit complaining because you're bad.
Reply Quote
I felt pretty humbled on my rogue the other day by a warrior.

(btw wasn't at full health for this and no trinket up but)

Trying to stop a flag cap in Battle for Gilneas. warrior comes out of nowhere intercepts me. ok I think ill just fan of knives the capper and dismantle the warrior once intercept is off. but no, a throwdown follows along with colossus smash with reck and deadly calm thrown in. Not only did I eat a 25k execeute and 15k Heroic Strike and die, I was stunlocked and unable to prevent the cap. I felt pretty worthless at that point.

I can't even dream of doing 50k damage in a global. The general population wouldn't even allow me to think of doing that, nor the devs. but apparently its cool.

btw I have 1600 resil on my rogue, a decent amount for this stage of the game.
Reply Quote
On a side note...

wasn't armor pen perceived as overpowered, and thus removed?

Yet Colossus smash gives 100% armor pen to attacks?

I am confused.
Reply Quote
12/21/2010 2:25 AMPosted by Snöt
On a side note...

wasn't armor pen perceived as overpowered, and thus removed?

Yet Colossus smash gives 100% armor pen to attacks?

I am confused.

No. ArP was removed because it was too confusing a stat for many players, it had nothing to do with pvp.

For example a gladiator warrior on my server thought that 100% arp meant that he never needed sunders and his attacks all hit all armor types equally because everyone's armor was reduced to absolute zero >_>

edit: warriors need some type of ArP. they don't have magic based attacks, they dont want any, blizzard doesnt want to give them any, it doesn't fit the class. Druids got by with bleeds, combat rogues...well they got the shaft, sub got situational ArP as a talent and hunters and dks do fair share of magic/elemental dmg.
Edited by Hawianpunch on 12/21/2010 2:44 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]