is there a japanese server??

(Locked)

64 Draenei Shaman
or a place where there are a lot of japanese players, i am learning japanese and would like to practice when i get around to it.
90 Human Mage
I'm pretty sure they don't even have WoW in Japan. You want a Japanese MMORPG? Go play FFXI.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/21/2010 10:32 AMPosted by Korrak
I'm pretty sure they don't even have WoW in Japan

I believe you are correct.
90 Night Elf Druid
There's not even a localized Japanese client, let alone any servers. Western MMOs generally aren't that popular in Japan.
85 Human Paladin
It wouldn't do you any good even if there was one and you were able to connect to it. People who used to play Final Fantasy XI probably know what I mean.
64 Draenei Shaman
i thought wow was in other countries, but i guess one of those countries is not japan...... not sure why that is givin there financial stability compared to all other countries.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There are few Japanese guilds / players scattered around various US NA servers. You'd have to look real hard though, to find them.
50 Goblin Shaman
12/21/2010 10:42 AMPosted by Popehat
It wouldn't do you any good even if there was one and you were able to connect to it. People who used to play Final Fantasy XI probably know what I mean.

At least FFXI had the translate feature making it somewhat possible to play with Japanese players. Now if only blizz would do the same kind of thing since we have to play with Latin American server players. Would make things a bit easier.
90 Human Paladin
12/21/2010 10:45 AMPosted by Shamthang
i thought wow was in other countries, but i guess one of those countries is not japan...... not sure why that is givin there financial stability compared to all other countries.

Western RPGs don't sell as well in Japan, and on top of that Japanese games are largely console. It actually makes a lot of sense not to market the game to Japan. Those players in Japan that do want to get into WoW are willing to take the extra steps needed by learning English, importing WoW from the US, and installing a Western OS.
85 Night Elf Druid
ffxi is great for learning Japanese...I would also assume FF 15 is as well. However be aware that they generally don't think to highly of North Americans or our ability to game, even a a "top" wow player might be seen as (whats that current kiddo slang word...oh yeah) a "bad".

Some just won't like you because your are north American...

85 Night Elf Druid
日本語をはなす。私たちとあそぶいてね。^^;
64 Draenei Shaman
and to think that most people didn't like me because i was white and born in the south
90 Human Paladin
12/21/2010 11:27 AMPosted by Aginor
I watch a ton of anime and the original iron chef, I am ready to bond with my fellow japanese gamers on their server

YOU SIR SLAY ME!
90 Night Elf Warrior
Ner'zhul actually has a couple japanese guilds, believe it or not.

That would be your best bet since japanese servers don't exist atm.
90 Human Death Knight
Pretty much anything westernized is not popular in Japan. Isolated culture is isolated.

I could of sworn the Japanese swooned over many aspects of Western Culture.

Our gaming preferences just don't appear to be one of them.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]