PvP Rating & Conquest Item Adjustments

85 Worgen Rogue
No blue post on the fact that we LOSE conquest points for doing arenas or rated battlegrounds this week? Doesn't surprise me. Please, could we get a GM in here to address this issue?
85 Night Elf Druid
Cashing all the 2200 weapons/armor back for conquest points would have been a better solution. 2200 players can grind the mm back out easily, and repurchase. Exploiters still get their weapon on Jan 25. That doesn't make a lick of sense.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
This is a shame punishing the players who actually worked hard fresh off the start of the season in order to get ahead because of your own mistakes. Some players like myself played over 200 games this week only to be told i didn't have to arena at all. Also i cant believe I'm stuck with the decision of winning in the arena only to lose my existing conquest points. This is the 9th arena season how could you guys screw up this bad.
85 Goblin Warrior
this is so unbelievable
85 Undead Rogue
Wow...just wow, punish the people who actually worked due to your incompetence.
90 Human Warlock
I don't PvP, so I don't know all that's factored into the ratings, but why do I see all these people complaining here of "losing their hard earned rating" and when I look at their profiles they're at 60% or less win percentages? o.O
85 Worgen Druid
tbh.. mmr shouldn't have been reset to make the exploiters never win another game the rest of the season
Edited by Fayn on 12/22/2010 12:26 PM PST
85 Human Death Knight
12/22/2010 12:23 PMPosted by Naughtyzoot
I don't PvP, so I don't know all that's factored into the ratings, but why do I see all these people complaining here of "losing their hard earned rating" and when I look at their profiles they're at 60% or less win percentages? o.O

its the attack of the QQing duelists who think 2700 with a 50% win loss means theyre good now
85 Human Death Knight
12/22/2010 12:42 PMPosted by Pertinacious

I think 60% win rate implies the players had more difficulty than players with a 90% win rate, but that's just me.

it implies that under the normal MMR system their mmr would go nowhere, causing their TR to stay at what their mmr is. if you have a 60% w/l there is no way your mmr is high enough to be getting you glad with that percent w/l.
85 Human Death Knight
I'm fine with their decision, MMR and TR needed to be reset. What I'm not fine with is the lack of blizzard response to imposed questions and the fact it took them over a week to state they even realized the problem.

if a blue actually reads this answer this: will our conquest point cap be changed based on rating come next tuesday or will it stay 1343 for the next week. I'd rather not waste my time for the rest of the week grinding a team up to have no raise in cap.
While this change was needed... 2200 items till Jan 25th seems way EXCESSIVE. Paragon and Premonition are already clearing raids. Cata was supposed to be rise of the PvPers finally getting what we needed.

Again thank you for fixing this before it got any worse, however, PLEASE reconsider the wait time on the 2200 weapons if you have already corrected this imbalance.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]