PvP Rating & Conquest Item Adjustments

85 Human Death Knight
12/22/2010 4:27 PMPosted by Kobbs
give us tier one weaps then. leaving a lot of people without weapons is completely retarded.

this guy is one of the exploiters that got t2 weapon by transfering. It is all over AJ. He cheated the system and he wants a T1 weap for his efforts.

60$ well spent lulz
This is my take on the whole minus conquest points thing (just a theory)

No one for this week should have more than a 1343 conquest cap. As Blizz said, everyone over 1500 MMR will be reduced to a 1500 MMR, this equates to a 1343 conquest cap for the week.

It's possible that Blizz could not remove them directly yet, but id imagine that if people want to raise their cap for the following week, they have to arena/rated bg. The excess points over 1343 will be removed after the first match. I would imagine if you think running to the vendor the spend it, you will just go into minus.

It's effectively a way for Blizz to remove the excess points, as no one should have a conquest cap over 1343. So I would imagine you don't have to arena and (maybe) keep the points, and be still with a 1343 cap next week. Or Blizz might take them overnight with a reset or something.

Again, just a theory. But it was stated everyone will have a 1343 conquest cap this week. So this theory seems logical, but a very messy execution.

Are there poeple over 1343 cap and wont get a minus conquest? Or is this happening to everyone over 1343?
Edited by Ampz on 12/22/2010 5:24 PM PST
12/22/2010 5:19 PMPosted by Vwevw
Coming from a team sitting at 2600 mmr.. all the teams we faced were gladiators.. not 1500 baddies. EVERY team either had a gladiator or duelist+ in it... Thanks for making us regrind a team up 1400 rating blizz. Your logic is awesome once again.

No, you did not mr.Rival. Stop fooling yourself.

Duelists and glads were MMR capped.

A lot of people are going to get a rude shock over the next couple of weeks when they see their true/non inflated rating. There will be tears.
85 Orc Warrior
band aid fix
Edited by Runfromchron on 12/22/2010 5:59 PM PST
85 Tauren Paladin
It appears that our teams rating and mmr have already been reduced to 1500 overnight or today sometime.

So does that mean if we raise our rating and mmr before tuesday our point cap will raise?
85 Orc Shaman
How is it possible people have the epic pvp staff already, arena has been our for 2 weeks which gives you 2600 points, staff is 3400.
12/22/2010 7:28 PMPosted by Lootifer

A lot of people are going to get a rude shock over the next couple of weeks when they see their true/non inflated rating. There will be tears.

Care to explain where this inflation came from?

Are you talking about the MMR bug (last week or so) or Wrath inflation?

MMR bug, cause the legits were farming the bads.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
12/22/2010 5:13 PMPosted by Lootifer

2600 MMR will take all of about 10 games to grind back up.

You guys quickly forget how fast MMR moves when you are well below where you should be.

I think the maximum change per game is something like 200 rating. That not fast enough for you?

You're wrong. That only happens if you are playing against other people that have high MMR and beating them.

There is no "where you should be" when everyone is at 1500. At least, if the system isn't artificially adjusted there isn't.

Remember S5? Glad was 2300+ or so. Then when they didn't reset MMR, everyone shot up to 2700+ Glad. They lowered it by about 300 and Glad was about 2600+ at the end of S7. And back up to 2650-2700+ in S8.
85 Troll Druid
12/22/2010 4:27 PMPosted by Kobbs
give us tier one weaps then. leaving a lot of people without weapons is completely retarded.

this guy is one of the exploiters that got t2 weapon by transfering. It is all over AJ. He cheated the system and he wants a T1 weap for his efforts.
85 Blood Elf Mage
12/21/2010 11:30 PMPosted by Ampz
I also gather exploiters won't be punished and get to keep their ill gotten gains?

My thoughts exactly. All the transfer abusers in full 5 piece already get to keep it and I'm still expected to beat them in my chees-mo gear? Sit and stare at my screen endlessly waiting for 20-30 minutes for bg's to pop just for the "honor" of getting gear 2 ranks below theirs? A new xpac is supposed to be everyone on equal ground at the start but thats just a pipe dream isnt it? So by March I MIGHT have as good a gear as some had the day after the arena season started? Every xpac it just gets worse and worse with people hacking and abusing the system. Hmmm....my Eve account name and pass are around here somewhere...
85 Human Paladin
less QQ on this forum pls. Can we pls get some talk about some solutions and a blue post?

i enjoy BGs and Arenas. i don't mind spending time in the arena. yes, it sucks that everything got reset. but what about now?

i've spent countless hours in the arena doing games the last couple weeks. no big deal. there's plenty of time left to grind the rating back up. people QQing about 65% win ratio obviously do not arena. high rated teams towards the end of each season have 65% to 75% win ratio. if you're getting 90% win ratio then you deserve it. arena is not easy, that's why we got so many QQers right now. but. . .

a blue post would be appreciated on this matter:

i would like to start doing arenas again. should i wait 2 weeks or w/e or til jan 25th to start doing arenas again? i don't get it. the blue post was not clear enough for me and a few others i've seen.

"• All player and team ratings for arenas will be reduced to a maximum of 1500. (Player, team and matchmaking ratings below 1500 will not be affected)" (blue post)

^does this mean, no matter what i wont get any more than 1343 points for the next few weeks?

if this is true, there's no point in Qing past 10 games. this is going to greatly increase the Q times to do arenas.

^if this is not accurate, if me and my team mates grind back up to 2200 will we get points for 2200 next week?

a speedy response would be appreciated. i will be in the BGs until then. everyone else enjoy raiding to get your t2 equivalent or w/e.
1 Orc Warrior
just to clarify all the people whos points got reset like 3 times and got 6k worth of points will be keeping there gear or will it be taken away

from what ive read of the blue post t2 weapons are disabled for a week but there are plenty of people who bought mh t1 offhand/ wand shoulders/ chest worth of gear and they are keeping it all?

is any of the 6 pieces of gear that people got going to be removed yes/ no?
So basically everyone else gets punished for your mistakes. Lol.
85 Night Elf Priest
alright, that's more like it
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]