PvP Rating & Conquest Item Adjustments

85 Human Death Knight

Let me get this straight: You can't buy 2200 weapons until Jan. 25, despite the fact that anyone above 2200 rating would be able to buy the weapon in one or two weeks and the fact that PVEers will be able to get the equivalent of 2200 weapons throughout the next month?

I can't even compile words to explain how flat-out stupid that is.

This.
85 Tauren Shaman
what happens if you get a 365 piece from voa and then upgrade it because you got 2200? your being punished for doing the stupid different color armor casual change?
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I think 'next week' means the week after... Because they already hotfixed the bug and gear. I guess we'll just have to wait it out. Won't stop me from having fun though =D
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
In reference to this:

12/21/2010 11:12 PMPosted by Daxxarri
All existing items requiring 2200 rating will have their minimum level requirement temporarily increased to make those items unusable. This change is currently planned to be reverted on January 25.

will those of us who have purchased the upgraded 2200 armor sets have it reverted to the original pieces or will we be refunded points.
85 Human Death Knight

What about statistics...you cant let nerds join teams because they have 2900 in 3s in statistics that they didnt truly earn. Achievements as well

If they have 2700 achievement, you assume they're bad.
^.^
Edited by Rylynn on 12/21/2010 11:40 PM PST
85 Worgen Hunter
12/21/2010 11:38 PMPosted by Tisoxic
What about statistics...you cant let nerds join teams because they have 2900 in 3s in statistics that they didnt truly earn. Achievements as well

This.

Achievements def need to be reset. Or perphaps someone can develop an addon that tells you if they got that Rating during the mmr glitch. Lol, but reseting achievements would be way simpler.
85 Draenei Shaman
Ding 86. Your move Blizz.. >:P
85 Tauren Shaman
Im glad things got reset but again you shouldnt be punished for upgrading the looks on your 2200 armor that you got from TB but of course blizzard must of not taking that into consideration huh?
Edited by Wisdomcube on 12/22/2010 12:04 AM PST
85 Goblin Warlock
12/21/2010 11:40 PMPosted by Rylynn

If they have 2700 achievement, you assume they're bad.
^.^
errrm no. You get the achievements retroactively. I got my 2400 achieve the day cata launched, so anyone who was above 2700 in wrath got theirs legit.
85 Undead Priest
12/21/2010 11:45 PMPosted by Matrixqt
jan 25th? so even thought myself and many others (i wouldv'e got it anyway, dueliest on multiple chars) wouldv'e got it next reset we have to go without any weapons for a month, again the fix is worse than the problem. and non-idiot wouldv'e just refunded all conquest point items to the points what the maximum they couldv'e had legit 1343+2800 derp. now i have no weapons. time to quit the game i guess.

One stupid bug is replaced by an equally retarded restriction. Not being able to buy 2200 weapons for a month will just give favor to PVEers.

It's even dumber when you consider the fact that someone at 2200 rating in 3V3 could easily buy the weapon next week when it comes to points and rating requirement.

This is just so dumb.

off arena junkies. very well said

Pretty sure the only way you could buy a 2200 weapon "next week" is by using the mmr bug which would be exploiting.
85 Goblin Warlock
12/21/2010 11:50 PMPosted by Pertinacious

PvE to gear for PvP pulls ahead again :\
ya, because tons of guilds will have hardmodes on farm by jan 25.

Oh wait, no they wont.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]