PvP Rating & Conquest Item Adjustments

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Thanks blizzard, you helped me decide what I will be doing in the beginning of february (when my account expires.) That decision you have helped me with is to NOT reactivate my account because you like to screw people over like this. Not releasing pvp content because people fail at raiding is probably one of the worst decisions you could make. Some people play this game solely for pvp (myself) rated battlegrounds is the only reason i came back to this game, those arent even that satisfactory yet 2900-3k rated alliance teams and horde are just barely getting over 2400 now with 15-20 minute queue times. lets not even go into the bugs for queueing and how certain people are losing points and others not. Perhaps when you decide to put more effort into your PvP ill consider playing this game again, until then I have no intention of sitting around waiting for my gear to be released because people who PvE cant figure out their dungeons, or because you cant figure out the scripting to not make it RNG.
85 Undead Rogue
!##* this.
85 Undead Rogue
I just don't get it, they devote almost an entire patch specifically to address PvP balance then the entire community is pissed on by a situation that has aroused ONLY because of a exploit Blizzard failed to identify pre-Cata.

Make up your minds, do you want us happy or not?

This wouldn't have struck home if there wasn't a historic precedence here. Since the implementation of t2 weapons they've been available as soon as the player can earn them.

Speaking of historic precedence, this is a common phrase in the PvP world:

"PvE to PvP."

^ rough translation, we have to do this to perform at absolute peak for our class.

The reasoning for this change, that has only become feasible due to an issue and folks exploiting this issue, is so that PvE'ers don't have to PvP to 'be competitive' (See: Recount)

Poor !***ing form.
Edited by Shaftie on 1/25/2011 2:53 PM PST
85 Tauren Druid
Umm does this require 3v3 or 5v5? Would 2200 in 2v2 get me these weapons?
Heaven forbid the PVE Heroes L2 PVP, youd be doing them a favor maybe theyd learn to keybind and stop keyboard turning, instead let's just delay one whole aspect of the game to let them catch up. What's next buying PVP gear with valor points and visa versa
Or look at this from the opposite perspective and don't allow PVE gear in arena so we don't have teams being carried by shadowmourne or whatever legendaries are coming next.
Edited by Kayotek on 1/26/2011 1:22 PM PST
85 Undead Priest
I like how they say they dont want pvp to be the source of ilevel 372 weps.

Where am I going right now for a 372 pvp wep? Oh yeah, raiding.

But thats been happening for years. If pvp gear has pve use, thats a problem. When entire classes arnt viable without trinkets from ICC, thats fine.
85 Undead Rogue
01/26/2011 8:48 PMPosted by Korvos
I like how they say they dont want pvp to be the source of ilevel 372 weps.

Where am I going right now for a 372 pvp wep? Oh yeah, raiding.

But thats been happening for years. If pvp gear has pve use, thats a problem. When entire classes arnt viable without trinkets from ICC, thats fine.

I had an epiphany. How about they make pvp weapons unusable in raids and legendarys unusable in arenas!
85 Night Elf Rogue
One question. Is blizzard currecting the issue if you have 2 different armor sets for PVP? As if your a shaman with 2 different set bonus you end up getting 800 resi instead of 400 resil. plus extra stat
86 Night Elf Hunter
I personally am going to continue my account. Sure, this was a crappy thing to happen and shiot does happen. However, Blizz needs to figure out who did the account jumping and at least strip the gear from them. I don't cotton to the idea that people are now uber and now I am being held back from getting closer to them gear wise by a conquest cap.

As far as PVP vs PVE is concerned hmmmm. I think the PVE folks need to earn their gear the same way we do....go out and fight for it. I play both PVP and PVE and I don't think it is wise to let people get their hands on PVP gear just because they afk'ed through a BG once a day to get conquest points.

01/29/2011 2:48 AMPosted by Zezel
One question. Is blizzard currecting the issue if you have 2 different armor sets for PVP? As if your a shaman with 2 different set bonus you end up getting 800 resi instead of 400 resil. plus extra stat

They should let this stay as is.....I give up 170 intellect and a eclipse bonus on my drude for that extra resi.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]