PvP Rating & Conquest Item Adjustments

85 Orc Warrior
When is this going live?
12/21/2010 11:48 PMPosted by Pympofpnass
bads and only bads will be angry with this change, happy to see things got reset

How do you figure? since the bads keep what they made thus far, and no one gets anything till the 25th Jan, and for all this week arenaing is pretty useless unless you are under 1500.

If anything this affects legit players far more. (I should add I won't be affected either way).

But this fix, isnt really a fix. In all honesty, id prefer full reset right now, all conquest points wiped, weapons wiped, and let us just get on with it. Waiting 2 weeks to raise cap, waiting 5 weeks for T2.....
85 Goblin Warlock

Pretty sure the only way you could buy a 2200 weapon "next week" is by using the mmr bug which would be exploiting.
No it isnt. You get 3000 points a week (thats the max) if you get to 2400, I got 2800 points this week for being at 2200 (not exploiting)
Edited by Jinrop on 12/21/2010 11:58 PM PST
85 Gnome Rogue
What I don't understand is when? And what happens to the "extra" points that they got? do they get to keep them?
can you clear some things up for us please?

Such as:

will players be able to keep the extended conquest point gain for this week?
will players be able to keep t2 items earned in BH?
will players who transferred to exploit the conquest cap reset have their points or items confiscated?
when will the team reset go into effect?
Edited by Tsavvo on 12/22/2010 12:00 AM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
Mmr and team rating reset is good. Mmr bug fix is even better.

Making us not able to get t2 until Jan 25th is ridiculous! This clearly places PvE'ers at a MAJOR advantage as they are able to obtain high ilvl PvE weps far quicker than Jan 25th. Due to a conquest point bug reset that was BLIZZARD's MISTAKE, my partners were able to already purchase the t2 weapons. Taking it from them is fine, but give them SOMETHING to use. Now they have no t1 weapon as it was upgraded to t2 and they vendored their previous weapons (which were garbage anyway but that isn't the point). People would have been able to obtain t2 weps next week even without bugs/mmr inflation so that date is too far away.

How are we going to compete before January 25th with NO WEAPONS AT ALL? I didn't purchase the t2 weapon personally so it didn't affect me, however without arena partners that can do decent damage this affects me indirectly.

Take their t2 weapons away if you must but refund the points so they can buy t1 weapon and bring the date closer to early January for t2 use.
Hallelujah !
85 Worgen Hunter
So people who already got their T2 weapon gets to keep it??
85 Night Elf Druid
why exactly aren't they resetting it til next tuesday then? why not now so we can actually play, like we have all been waiting to since season8 ended.
85 Undead Priest
12/21/2010 11:58 PMPosted by Jinrop

Pretty sure the only way you could buy a 2200 weapon "next week" is by using the mmr bug which would be exploiting.
No it isnt. You get 3000 points a week (thats the max) if you get to 2400, I got 2800 points this week for being at 2200 (not exploiting)

So what I'm getting out of this is that people got 2x the amount of points this week by playing before the servers went down correct?
85 Worgen Mage
Thank you for listening to the people that only play arena and talk about rank 1 and how good they are and ruining the game for the people who never arena and thought they were doing good to only find out that there was a bug and now their ratings will be reset....you guys just like to cater to the elitists dont you? Glad blizzard can make big mistakes and just hit the reset button. Im sick of people thinking they are so good because they play arena. Thank you for ruining my arena experience, never again.
85 Night Elf Druid
Seems it has been reset for EU players already, so maybe reset for US on server reset times? Hope so.

Was getting worried the arena elite wouldn't be able to wintrade rank1s this season, thank god that got fixed.
85 Goblin Warlock

So what I'm getting out of this is that people got 2x the amount of points this week by playing before the servers went down correct?
I got 1385 points last week, then when points rolled last night I played games and got my 2800 points for this week and bought a polearm. Its totally possible for people to have about 3400 points right now without any kind of bug/exploit.
Edited by Jinrop on 12/22/2010 12:12 AM PST
From the Blizz post this is what I gather.

1) The maximum rating you can get this week is 1500, so everyones conquest cap as of the 28th Dec to the 4th Jan will be 1343. Then that weeks arenaing will affect the cap for the following week after that. So no one will see a conquest cap increase until 4th January.

2) Exploiters will keep their points and items and will be able to use them on the 25th Jan. Anyone who gained their items legit, will also not be able to use them till Jan 25th.

That that pretty much sums up the fix failure.
Edited by Ampz on 12/22/2010 1:14 AM PST
85 Worgen Mage
12/21/2010 11:56 PMPosted by Ampz
bads and only bads will be angry with this change, happy to see things got reset

How do you figure? since the bads keep what they made thus far, and no one gets anything till the 25th Jan, and for all this week arenaing is pretty useless unless you are under 1500.

If anything this affects legit players far more. (I should add I won't be affected either way).

But this fix, isnt really a fix. In all honesty, id prefer full reset right now, all conquest points wiped, weapons wiped, and let us just get on with it. Waiting 2 weeks to raise cap, waiting 5 weeks for T2.....

What makes you more legit than anyone else...get over yourself, its people with attitudes like yours that make this game not enjoyable to play
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]