PvP Rating & Conquest Item Adjustments

85 Worgen Mage
id like to see the day when you could ever beat me 1v1.

Edit: Talking to the goblin shaman and Gnome deathknight. I could probably beat you both naked.
Edited by Worgenmage on 12/22/2010 12:30 AM PST
85 Goblin Rogue
I am surprised at how many people seem to be perfectly comfortable with the fixes that Blizzard implemented. These "fixes" seem like knee-jerk reactions to the problem, which is surprising given that they've had quite a bit of time to work on this. January 25th is a very long time to wait for seemingly no reason. As many people were very quick to point out there are a vast number of circumstances that were not addressed by this blue post or that interact very unfavorably with these changes as an unfortunate side-effect (i.e. people who upgraded Tol Barad drops or those who could easily have gotten their weapons next week without exploiting at all).

Logically speaking, Blizzard seems to have dropped the ball on both the front end by allowing this mistake to go live and on the back end by not catching it sooner and by reacting to it very poorly. I can only hope they implement another hot fix to further address some of the very valid concerns laid out here and also post again to better explain their actions.
85 Dwarf Shaman
ok so here it is put down to simple and easy terms:
1. One stupid bug is replaced by an equally retarded restriction. Not being able to buy 2200 weapons for a month will just give favor to PVEers.

It's even dumber when you consider the fact that someone at 2200 rating in 3V3 could easily buy the weapon next week when it comes to points and rating requirement.

This is just so dumb.

2. the T2 restriction is ridiculous. They should have, at most, restricted the weapons for another week or two. A month is way too harsh, especially considering that a lot of people legitimately bought T2 off-hands today.

Also, I'm not going to be thankful that Blizzard fixed a bug that should have never made it past alpha.

3. VOA gear that dropped and upgraded to 2200 will probably get you @%#%ed...nice change blizzard.

All these posts are quotes from Arena Junkies. So Ampz these aren't just bads and all of this is ruined because of these changes
Sad thing is that this bug was reported on the 15th. I am honestly losing faith in the bug report forum.
Edited by Cosmicburn on 12/22/2010 12:33 AM PST
85 Worgen Mage
12/22/2010 12:31 AMPosted by Ujelly
ok so here it is put down to simple and easy terms:
1. One stupid bug is replaced by an equally retarded restriction. Not being able to buy 2200 weapons for a month will just give favor to PVEers.

It's even dumber when you consider the fact that someone at 2200 rating in 3V3 could easily buy the weapon next week when it comes to points and rating requirement.

This is just so dumb.

2. the T2 restriction is ridiculous. They should have, at most, restricted the weapons for another week or two. A month is way too harsh, especially considering that a lot of people legitimately bought T2 off-hands today.

Also, I'm not going to be thankful that Blizzard fixed a bug that should have never made it past alpha.

3. VOA gear that dropped and upgraded to 2200 will probably get you @%#%ed...nice change blizzard.

All these posts are quotes from Arena Junkies. So Ampz these aren't just bads and all of this is ruined because of these changes

Now look here guys, this is how you post ^^ thumbs up
85 Worgen Mage
12/22/2010 12:32 AMPosted by Jacknoir
id like to see the day when you could ever beat me 1v1.

Edit: Talking to the goblin shaman and Gnome deathknight. I could probably beat you both naked.

I lol'd in RL
I just can't wait for you to say "GIVE ME UR ADDRESS IM GONNA BEAT U UP IN RL 1V1"

only a 17 year old would expect that, grow up please and stop posting, you are making yourself look like an idiot. Ignored.
12/22/2010 12:31 AMPosted by Ujelly

LMAO, I quoted someone else saying that this would only affect bads, and I responded that was not the case :)

Worganmage accidently misquoted me.

link is here
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1567814533?page=3#42
Edited by Ampz on 12/22/2010 12:40 AM PST
80 Orc Shaman
PVE content weapons that are equal to t2 weapons (melee wise) only drop from bosses like heroic neferian... GL getting that done by the 25th unless you are in a top 50 world wide guild.

Zin'rok and equiv PVE weapons are t1 weps with PVE stats, no resil and less stamina... so why are people complaining?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]