Why Wotlk>Cataclysm

85 Orc Shaman
The biggest thing that Woltk is better than cataclysm is that in Woltk had freedom.
yes i said it freedom. You had big talent trees with multiple healing specs and hybrids and various spells to use and could actually use them. I'm not so mad about how they want to make mana important, but i would like to see our heals actually heal. I mean we have tanks with 130-150k life and dps with 100k and or biggest heals at times only do around 25kish, while bosses and mobs can dish out over 50k of damage in a second.

We all had different and cool spells that made each class unique. Now they forced us all to use the same style with a different names. And what about that mastery? Wasn't it suppose to be cool and see how it would effect our play style when we had actual gear that had mastery, and now everyone's mastery is last on the list.

Now in pvp our heals are worthless and get targeted and taking down easily because they know we cant do anything and now are pretty much broken in all aspects of the game now. I can and have being doing heroics im not saying its hard it is just boring and long. in Woltk most heroics were 15-20 mins top now you are lucky to do one in a hour some of us cant wait a hour to do a hour long instance... don't mention normals because the gear there sucks and im pass it.

And no I am not talking about 4.0 and past that's when we got a little to op we couldn't be killed in pvp and everyone had t10 and could do pretty much anything. cataclysm is boring not fun and time consuming. In all I wish that we could just get some more power behind our heals and so they can actually heal then just spamming one crappy heal thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
No.
Wrath was fail and promoted so many bad habits.
And it got boring after a month of heroics.

You need to learn to adjust to new style of healing. This isn't and never will be (thank god) wrath.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/17/2010 1:16 AMPosted by Sedivy
No.

You need to learn to adjust to new style of healing. This isn't and never will be (thank god) wrath.

What game doesn't get boring? Please answer this, I don't think months of running heroics and Bastion twilight won't last very long before it gets boring.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
12/17/2010 1:16 AMPosted by Sedivy
No.

Only if you read what i actually said i would give you a response, but you didn't, therefore i will not and report for spam.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
/Agree in a way.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
healing is all the same basicaly keep some spell on the tank the heals him over time have some long cheap bad spell that doesnt heal worth a crap thats fun to some people? people dont know what fun is then
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Orly? Here's a breakdown
The biggest thing that Woltk is better than cataclysm is that in Woltk had freedom.
yes i said it freedom. You had big talent trees with multiple healing specs and hybrids and various spells to use and could actually use them. I'm not so mad about how they want to make mana important, but i would like to see our heals actually heal. I mean we have tanks with 130-150k life and dps with 100k and or biggest heals at times only do around 25kish, while bosses and mobs can dish out over 50k of damage in a second.

You can more than keep up with this. This type of sudden hit is rare and isn't followed by another 50k hit for a while. You have plenty of time to slowly top them up.

We all had different and cool spells that made each class unique. Now they forced us all to use the same style with a different names. And what about that mastery? Wasn't it suppose to be cool and see how it would effect our play style when we had actual gear that had mastery, and now everyone's mastery is last on the list.]

If you're not using more spells now than you did in wrath, you're doing it wrong. Wrath style renew/coh/pom spam was stupid boring. At least I pop DH/SF/HoH/PoH every single encounter now.

. I can and have being doing heroics im not saying its hard it is just boring and long. in Woltk most heroics were 15-20 mins top now you are lucky to do one in a hour some of us cant wait a hour to do a hour long instance... don't mention normals because the gear there sucks and im pass it.

Heroics are anything but boring. You actually have to engage into the encounter and do your bets. Not hot up things and then tab out while you're watching your favorite show.
And if your queues are anything more than 2 min as a healer, you should change servers.

cataclysm is boring not fun and time consuming. In all I wish that we could just get some more power behind our heals and so they can actually heal then just spamming one crappy heal thanks.

According to you. I'm having a blast.
If you're spamming just one heal, you're doing it wrong.
Please do us all a favor and reroll a dps.
Edited by Sedivy on 12/17/2010 1:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
12/17/2010 1:47 AMPosted by Robnwilliams
Healers are there to help people who make mistakes recover.

This is an interesting opinion. Pretty farfetched and radical at this point in time, and I'm glad Blizzard doesn't seem to share it anymore. Wrath was horrifying.
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
12/17/2010 1:55 AMPosted by Robnwilliams
And what part of wrath was that? Was that when everyone was rolling around in gear sixty four item levels higher then anything that dropped there? The only bad part of wrath was how insanely the gear scaled.

No. From the minute people stepped into Heroics after dinging 80, they stood in Poison Nova and expected to be healed through it. And they were.
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
12/17/2010 2:01 AMPosted by Robnwilliams
And they were...n't. You certainly didn't play at the beginning of the wrath if that's your memory.

Fine, I'm lying. I'm totally making up everything I'm saying.

Are happy now in your little pretend world where the things I experienced that counter your point never happened?
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
12/17/2010 2:10 AMPosted by Shazaaman
exactly what a video game is all about.

Oh, yes. Because every single video game that has ever been invented has been "all about" feeling awesome about your twitch skills.

News flash, there are a LOT of video games out there. They are "all about" different things. Wrath was "all about" a style of healing that many, many long-time healers were in fact NOT "all about". Apparently, Blizzard made the decision to revert away from that style. This does not make it less of a video game; it makes it less your style of video game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]