Why Wotlk>Cataclysm

85 Troll Rogue
Oh back in WotLK all I had to do was beacon the tank and spam Holy Light... I never oomed ONCE during the whole expansion
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/17/2010 3:41 AMPosted by Laztokk
And if you don't oom in 5 big heals then you need a nerf... badly...

You want me to oom in 5 big heals? It takes 5 big heals (or 15 small ones, at the same mana cost) to the fill the tank's HP from zero to full if he's taking no damage. Considering that even the minibosses in the entry-level raid take half the tank's hitpoints every 10-15 seconds for periods of time...yeah, no.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
While I like the fact mana matters now, the fact all of my heals do jack squat is rather disappointing.

Drop a Rejuv on someone damaged, yeah might go up 10-15%. I don't even bother with Nourish, in fact thinking of taking it off my bar because while its cheap, its also useless ( nothing like seeing a tanks health go up maybe 2% when I toss a heal) and I can just wait a hair longer and toss one HT. I think I've casted Regrowth once since hitting 85 and that was on a OOC proc just to say I used it. WG does its job and Tranq is awesome, which honestly is the only spell I can cast and feel like I'm actually 5 levels higher than I was a week or so ago.

The new healing model is more challenging, is it more fun? No not really, it feels more tedious than Vanilla and I keep my face planted on healing bars more than any time previous. Kinda thought part of the point of the changes was to slow things down a bit so we could see the actual encounter, yeah thats definately not happening.

While I think WotLK was out of whack, I think they probably went way to far the other way. Healing is a challenge and it could be fun but currently its about as fun as decurse spamming in MC and BWL on my Holy Pally. Sure you gotta be on your toes, and its harder than it was, but making things harder and more stressful doesn't equal fun.

I think thats the biggest thing I've noticed since I've started reading the forums again. When it comes to Cata you see alot of talk about things being harder, more challenging, and taking more " skill". I have seen very few posts in regard to Cata Healing with the word " fun " mentioned anywhere ( and that includes talking to people on my server, not just reading the forums)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Hyperbole buddy...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/17/2010 3:56 AMPosted by Laztokk
Oh back in WotLK all I had to do was beacon the tank and spam Holy Light... I never oomed ONCE during the whole expansion
well i dont play a pally and never will but im pretty sure u didnt do this or if u did you had someone else backing u up but pallies were the best tank healers
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Both Priest and Paladin. And with my paladin's 40k mana pool and my holy light critting for 30k in ICC and it only cost like 800 mana.... and getting like 30% of that mana back every time I crit... with a 50% crit chance....
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/17/2010 3:56 AMPosted by Laztokk

So you were a paladin. We all know paladins needed some major overhauling - when the major strategy debate throughout the expansion was "should I spam Flash of Light or Holy Light?", and when the answer to that was obvious by about halfway through and didn't involve any mixing/strategic use of both spells, it's fairly obvious there was a problem. Hell, the fact that you had three (!) healing spells made it fairly obvious there was a problem.

Doesn't mean they had to ruin druids and holy priests to fix you. We were fine on any content we didn't overgear.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/17/2010 3:58 AMPosted by Tralia
I have seen very few posts in regard to Cata Healing with the word " fun " mentioned anywhere ( and that includes talking to people on my server, not just reading the forums)

this do i find cata healing fun? hell no. was questing fun? yes they made one fun and the other just sad
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
12/17/2010 1:16 AMPosted by Sedivy
No.
Wrath was fail and promoted so many bad habits.
And it got boring after a month of heroics.

You need to learn to adjust to new style of healing. This isn't and never will be (thank god) wrath.

If wrath sucked that bad why play through the entire expansion? You have kills that would have taken months to get (22 heroic anub kills).

If it was that bad why not quit?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
but the problem is.... is priest.... druids.... and shams.... were the same way, shamans spammed chain heal, priests spammed flash heal CoH penance and bubble, and druids spammed their hots. To get their mana back... priests... shadowfiend about 40% of their mana back and hymn of hope about 10%... shamans.... the totem... druids.... innervate.... NOONE oomed during that expansion at all.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
12/17/2010 4:05 AMPosted by Laztokk
but the problem is.... is priest.... druids.... and shams.... were the same way, shamans spammed chain heal, priests spammed flash heal CoH penance and bubble, and druids spammed their hots. To get their mana back... priests... shadowfiend about 40% of their mana back and hymn of hope about 10%... shamans.... the totem... druids.... innervate.... NOONE oomed during that expansion at all.

I oomed a lot in wotlk. I was also on the "cutting edge" of content. ie US server 55 heroic anubarak kill.

We killed stuff before we had a lot of time to farm gear for it. Sure I never had any issues once I overgeared the content, but that's not really a fair assumption once you do.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/17/2010 4:02 AMPosted by Nübs
No.
Wrath was fail and promoted so many bad habits.
And it got boring after a month of heroics.

You need to learn to adjust to new style of healing. This isn't and never will be (thank god) wrath.

If wrath sucked that bad why play through the entire expansion? You have kills that would have taken months to get (22 heroic anub kills).

If it was that bad why not quit?

ppl say wrath sucked but yet it made blizzard the most money. people still plaued still went after lich king even though wrath sucked we didnt see you on the forums when icc opened saying healing is too easy please make it harder. wrath was awesome it let everyone see endgame content not just the elitists it let everyone experience and cata will be the same
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
And yes, paladins were the best tank healers.... but so were priests... and shams.... and druids... cause everyone was so OP it didn't matter who the heck you were healing... I NEVER did what my healing assignment was.... I chose a target to beacon... beaconed him and spot healed the raid with my 30k heal crits (in ICC) 22k outside of ICC...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/17/2010 4:05 AMPosted by Laztokk

so oom = fun & challenging watching dps die cuz you only have mana to keep tank up? that fun and challenging? no encounters is what make it fun and challenging sindragosa was a fun encounter vampire lady was fun hell i even enjoyed anub but making me worry about mana other than dps and tank hp is not fun or challenging just annoying
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
12/17/2010 4:09 AMPosted by Laztokk
And yes, paladins were the best tank healers.... but so were priests... and shams.... and druids... cause everyone was so OP it didn't matter who the heck you were healing... I NEVER did what my healing assignment was.... I chose a target to beacon... beaconed him and spot healed the raid with my 30k heal crits (in ICC) 22k outside of ICC...

Since everything was so damn easy and everyone was insanely overpowered I'd like to see your character with your LoD kill please.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Since everything was so damn easy and everyone was insanely overpowered I'd like to see your character with your LoD kill please.

people say wrath was easy but only a handful of people did heroic LK people didnt faceroll through icc until the buff. or even ulduar end boss people struggled on that in full icc heroic gear
Edited by Killaelmoo on 12/17/2010 4:14 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]