Why Wotlk>Cataclysm

100 Blood Elf Priest
but the problem is.... is priest.... druids.... and shams.... were the same way, shamans spammed chain heal, priests spammed flash heal CoH penance and bubble, and druids spammed their hots. To get their mana back... priests... shadowfiend about 40% of their mana back and hymn of hope about 10%... shamans.... the totem... druids.... innervate.... NOONE oomed during that expansion at all.

How do you spam flash heal, CoH, Penance, and bubble? CoH and Penance are different specs, holy priests only sometimes used FH and almost never used bubble, and CoH isn't spammable.

For disc, bubblebotting was only appropriate for certain fights - it was stupid for any fight without an aura or Infest mechanic (even on LK, the heaviest bubblebotting fight, there were phases where it wasn't appropriate). In that sense, while it was a lame playstyle, it doesn't come close to being comparable to the Beacon/Holy Light spam that pallies were stuck with on every. single. fight. Disc priests on non-aura fights used bubble, Penance, PoM, PoH, and FH, as well as appropriate CDs. That's at least as much as they do now - but in Wrath disc the distribution was much more even.

There was only one constant in holy priest play in Wrath, and that was PoM on CD. Everything else changed in response to the specifics of the fight; some aura fights were heavy on Renew and CoH, others were better suited to heavy PoH use, spiky damage fights were heavy on the FH/PoM/Renew trio, and then there were a few fights (e.g. Firefighter) where Holy Nova was awesome, and others (Valithria dragonhealing) where GHeal was the best choice. Most fights changed from one healing style to another in the middle. There was always spell and target choice involved, much of which required positional and fight/incoming damage awareness - who's the best target to get PoM to bounce multiple times? Who's in a group of hurt people who could benefit from CoH? Who can I target in the ranged dps group to get PoH to reach everyone? Which group should I PoH first - which is least likely to catch CH and WG in time? Can I hit my group with Holy Nova and use my CoH cooldown for the melees?

It was an incredibly dynamic class. And it was one that could be played (in most fights) without ever having to stand still for more than a few seconds at a time. Now it's...not. It's slow and tedious.
Edited by Kaels on 12/17/2010 4:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid

It was an incredibly dynamic class. And it was one that could be played (in most fights) without ever having to stand still for more than a few seconds at a time. Now it's...not. It's slow and tedious.

I feel the same way.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
I personally find fun in a challenge, AND I heal just fine, there are times where I make mistakes during an encounter in a Cataclysm heroic and let a dps die... That's not always cause your mana is low. That could be cause the tank is taking heavy damage and so is the dps and since tank>dps generally the tank should be kept alive... the dps could've died by being retarded and standing in the fire. And yes, there are times where I've had no mana to heal both the tank and the dps... BUT... WHAT IF maybe the reason you had no mana was cause you used the wrong heal at the wrong time... thus burning your mana. Now, it is 7:27 AM and I haven't slept at all. I am going to bed. And as for this argument... it is stupid. Stop QQing on the forums cause druids have been OP for the last... who knows how long and they're boring cause they're easy. Try playing a real class... (and before you go off and say... WELL YOU PLAY A PALADIN! I play 5 classes. Warrior tank. Paladin healer. Priest dps/healer. Rogue. Dk (who I hate very much.)
get over the fact that Blizzard finally listened to the hardcore gamers that HATE easymode facerollers... get over the fact that for once Blizzard didn't listen to the stupid whiny 12 year olds whining that they can't play anymore. And once again I say.... L2P noob
Good nigh.........morning?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
im curous what 9 spells are u casting constantly cuz on my druid i have 3 spellstopping my healing and they are lifebloom nourish & swiftmend
Lifebloom, Swiftmend, Rejuve, Regrowth, Nourish, Healing Touch, Tranquility, Wild Growth...

Yeah, I can only come up with 8.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
im curous what 9 spells are u casting constantly cuz on my druid i have 3 spellstopping my healing and they are lifebloom nourish & swiftmend
Lifebloom, Swiftmend, Rejuve, Regrowth, Nourish, Healing Touch, Tranquility, Wild Growth...

ur spamming these spells contantly? if your are without going oom id like to know how cuz in the end your stuck spamming one spell
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I personally find fun in a challenge, AND I heal just fine, there are times where I make mistakes during an encounter in a Cataclysm heroic and let a dps die...

This just in, heroics are the pinnacle of endgame. You're also a paladin. You're used to the stand a cast playstyle. I hate it. I have a Hpal. If I liked that I would have leveled my pally. It's boring. It sucks.

That's not always cause your mana is low. That could be cause the tank is taking heavy damage and so is the dps and since tank>dps generally the tank should be kept alive...

Thanks captain obvious.

Stop QQing on the forums cause druids have been OP for the last... who knows how long and they're boring cause they're easy.

It's not because they are "less easy", it's because people played druids because they enjoyed the playstyle. It has changed 100%. You wouldn't know because you don't play one. Paladin playstyle is still stand and cast like it has always been. This change affected you less.

Try playing a real class... (and before you go off and say... WELL YOU PLAY A PALADIN! I play 5 classes. Warrior tank. Paladin healer. Priest dps/healer. Rogue. Dk (who I hate very much.)

I also have a warrior tank, a paladin healer, a destro/aff lock (I played affliction 3.0, try to tell me I can't play this game, arguably the hardest dps rotation in lieu of late wotlk ferals), and a dk.

get over the fact that Blizzard finally listened to the hardcore gamers that HATE easymode facerollers... get over the fact that for once Blizzard didn't listen to the stupid whiny 12 year olds whining that they can't play anymore. And once again I say.... L2P noob

It's not about difficulty once again. It's just boring slow and tedious now. Obviously I'm the bad one considering I've progressed and will continue to progress through content you won't even see.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/17/2010 4:30 AMPosted by Laztokk
I personally find fun in a challenge, AND I heal just fine, there are times where I make mistakes during an encounter in a Cataclysm heroic and let a dps die... That's not always cause your mana is low. That could be cause the tank is taking heavy damage and so is the dps and since tank>dps generally the tank should be kept alive... the dps could've died by being retarded and standing in the fire. And yes, there are times where I've had no mana to heal both the tank and the dps... BUT... WHAT IF maybe the reason you had no mana was cause you used the wrong heal at the wrong time... thus burning your mana. Now, it is 7:27 AM and I haven't slept at all. I am going to bed. And as for this argument... it is stupid. Stop QQing on the forums cause druids have been OP for the last... who knows how long and they're boring cause they're easy. Try playing a real class... (and before you go off and say... WELL YOU PLAY A PALADIN! I play 5 classes. Warrior tank. Paladin healer. Priest dps/healer. Rogue. Dk (who I hate very much.)
Good nigh.........morning?

i never said it was hard its just increidibly boring i can keep up with everything but im used to being a on the move druid move around out of crap now i have tay still cast slow spells and its just boring boring does not mean challenge but you dont play a druid so you dont know roll a druid then youll find out they just made druid healing boring it used to be fun not challenging but neither is this new mechanic its just stupid if they fix they if not oh well i dont pay for my account so in the end i dont care i get paid to play wow so whatever
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/17/2010 4:01 AMPosted by Killaelmoo
I have seen very few posts in regard to Cata Healing with the word " fun " mentioned anywhere ( and that includes talking to people on my server, not just reading the forums)

this do i find cata healing fun? hell no. was questing fun? yes they made one fun and the other just sad

I agree, the questing in this game now is better thana nything i have ever seen in any game, and better than i could have possibly imagined. IMO in a lot of ways it felt like I was doing the zones and then it was " oh hey I leveled".

Healing in instances on the other hand gives you more of a feeling of " I gained 5 levels for this?" After having played for the last 5 years I can honestly say this is the first time I ever felt weaker after having gained levels. Leveling 60-70 and 70 -80 once I hit max level I actually felt like a more powerful character, after going 80-85 I wish I could go back to being 80 which is a really odd feeling.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid

ur spamming these spells contantly? if your are without going oom id like to know how cuz in the end your stuck spamming one spell
Why would I be spamming in the first place? It sounds like a terribly boring and wasteful way to heal. No, I use whatever tool is appropriate for the situation, though Lifebloom and Regrowth make up the bulk of my healing (but a large part of that is uptime on the tank, I will confess.)

Or are you just talking about how Nourish is my most-cast spell per fight by raw button push numbers? Yeah, I don't even notice to be honest, it's just that button that I push when I don't need anything else. I guess that is kinda spammy, but it doesn't feel that way, unlike Battle for Hyjal where I was literally spamming Lifebloom on anyone in range, or Black Temple where I was literally spamming Lifebloom on anyone in range, or ICC where I was literally spamming Rejuve on anyone in range.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
lol
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Why would I be spamming in the first place? It sounds like a terribly boring and wasteful way to heal. No, I use whatever tool is appropriate for the situation, though Lifebloom and Regrowth make up the bulk of my healing (but a large part of that is uptime on the tank, I will confess.)

Or are you just talking about how Nourish is my most-cast spell per fight by raw button push numbers? Yeah, I don't even notice to be honest, it's just that button that I push when I don't need anything else. I guess that is kinda spammy, but it doesn't feel that way, unlike Battle for Hyjal where I was literally spamming Lifebloom on anyone in range, or Black Temple where I was literally spamming Lifebloom on anyone in range, or ICC where I was literally spamming Rejuve on anyone in range.

why spam rejuv? wg did a bit more heals b4 they nerfed iti always had rejuv ontanks and dps taking alot of dmg.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
What Nubs said. Boring, slow, and tedious. It's not at all hard. It's really not. In fact, once you catch on to the new way you're supposed to play, it's obscenely easy - I have a hard time understanding how someone who actually understands Cata healing could find it hard. Or even slightly challenging. People die sooo incredibly slooowly that even the slowest-reacting player has to notice in time to do something about it - and with even remotely content-appropriate gear, it's quite easy to do something about it.

The only time it's at all challenging to keep people alive (and it can often still be done) is if they're dying to something you're not supposed to be able to heal through. Whether that's good old standinfire, soft enrages, adds not going down/buffing the boss, whatever, it's quite immediately obvious when damage isn't intended to be healable because the damage starts to exceed your max HPS. When I'm spamming PoH and people's health is still going down, clearly we did something wrong. But even then there's still a good 15-30 seconds to figure out what it is before I oom and blow Hymns.

Again, I'm glad you like the changes to pallies. But there was no need to ruin priests - a class that in Wrath, even in our more "boring" spec, made regular use of more healing spells than pallies even have in Cata. No need to ruin druids' unique playstyle either. All of the supposed boringness of disc priests and druids (bubble or Rejuv spam) was due exclusively to encounter design (aura fights); it didn't happen in encounters that weren't designed to make it happen. (edit: unless you were a bad player...but then, bad players do a lot of weird stuff)

Pallies and shamans had a problem - why not just fix them?
Edited by Kaels on 12/17/2010 5:00 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]