Druid heals! not a QQ, a plea for help!

100 Night Elf Druid
I have always based how well I was healing not on HPS but on overhealing. meaning the lower my overhealing the more efficient i was meaning i am using as little mana as possible while still keeping everyone else alive. It seems however that no mater what I try i can not keep from going OOM. last boss in SC last night was going fine, everything seemed in control. was everyone topped of? no, cause that s not the way things work now and its not efficient. I use innvernate when my mana got to about 25%. 3 seconds later i use a mana pot. 2 seconds later I'm OOM. I am 3 stacking LB and 2.26 second casting Nourish on the tank. if where needed i am puting the instant cast hot on dps and myself, switching to tree form, when things get crazy. but to no avail. What am I doing wrong? I have a 50k mana pool and it is gone so fast i dont know what to do. can anyone tell me what I should be doing if what i said above is wrong? Please help! I am about to give up healing as my main spec because i dont play this game to be kicked, and or frustrated all the time.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
How often are you using rejuv? If you use it a lot you will go oom. It's basically just for tanks now. You should only use it on dps when they're more than 50% dead and won't be taking damage for a while. It also appears that Blizz intended for resto druids to rely on OOC procs. I don't quite understand they built us this way, but get power auras and configure it to alert you for OOC. Then use those procs for healing touch and regrowth.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
You def. need to use OOC procs to your advantage. Generally I only use rejuv. on the tank since its pretty expensive, and tend to use wg a lot to top up dps. I am not sure if you are using the same gear you are wearing in your armory for healing, but I would ditch the cloth pieces asap having cloth pieces you lose 5% of your int.

Looking at your healing spec, maybe some minor tweaks to your build might help out as well. Moonglow seems to be good when you don't have a lot of spirit, and regen is key. I also really only use regrowth with OOC procs. and generally I need healing touch more then that, so I find the points in the regrowth talent wasted.

Points in Malfurion's Gift, Master Shapeshifter, and Nature's Cure would be good places to shift some points to I would think. Also I would swap out the regrowth glyph with the rejuv one.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Gear suggestions:

• Replace your cloth items for leather - if you have a cloth item equipped, you lose the 5% Intellect boost from Leather Specialization.

Talent Suggestions:

• Put points into Malfurion's Gift, Master Shapeshifter, and Nature's Cure. I'd suggest taking 2 points out of Blessing of the Grove and 2 points out of Nature's Bounty to accomplish this.

• Replace Glyph of Regrowth to Glyph of Rejuvenation

Overall Strategy:

• Innervate as soon as you hit 80% of your mana. This gives you insurance in case the fight lasts longer than three minutes, you'll have another innervate available.

• Try to restrict how often you're casting Rejuv and Regrowth. Rejuv I use to proc efforescence, but use it sparingly after that.

• Wild Growth and then efflorescence any AoE damage, anything else can be inefficient.

• Barkskin often, and make sure the DPS aren't taking unnecessary damage by standing in The Bad Stuff.

I think the talent change might be the biggest one for you, since having OoC procs and having more healing from Master Shapeshifter will help immensely.

---

http://www.sentetheater.com
Edited by Sente on 12/17/2010 9:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/17/2010 7:13 AMPosted by Brinston
I have always based how well I was healing not on HPS but on overhealing. meaning the lower my overhealing the more efficient i was meaning i am using as little mana as possible while still keeping everyone else alive. It seems however that no mater what I try i can not keep from going OOM. last boss in SC last night was going fine, everything seemed in control. was everyone topped of? no, cause that s not the way things work now and its not efficient. I use innvernate when my mana got to about 25%. 3 seconds later i use a mana pot. 2 seconds later I'm OOM. I am 3 stacking LB and 2.26 second casting Nourish on the tank. if where needed i am puting the instant cast hot on dps and myself, switching to tree form, when things get crazy. but to no avail. What am I doing wrong? I have a 50k mana pool and it is gone so fast i dont know what to do. can anyone tell me what I should be doing if what i said above is wrong? Please help! I am about to give up healing as my main spec because i dont play this game to be kicked, and or frustrated all the time.

Thanks!

Granted I'm not yet farming heroics, but I do know my class so I'll offer what afvice I can.

You mentioned you HoT the DPS, I'm assuming you mean Rejuv-- don't do that. Rejuv is EXPENSIVE, I hardly ever cast it on anyone but the tank. Nourish should keep your DPS up, if it doesn't they're standing in fire or getting hit by avoidable @@##. Let them die. If it's an encounter with heavy AoE and you don't have time for nourish and you don't have a clearcast, Rejuv + SM-- but remember it's situational.

You say you use innervate when you're at 25%, don't wait that long. I use it at 75% and I'll be able to use it again before the end of the fight.

How you act in ToL is a big deal with the mana game. Here's what you're supposed to do: If the DPS needs healing, put a lifebloom on them. When the party all has LB's rolling, you'll get an insane amount of clearcasting procs (when you spec 2/2 Malfurion's Gift)-- use these for instant regrowths. Do NOT cast regrowth without a CC proc.

Let's talk about your spec:

You need the following:

- 1/1 Master Shapeshifter
- 2/2 Malfurion's Gift
- 3/3 Moonglow

You don't need:

- Natue's Swiftness- this ability was designed for Wrath of the Spam King
- 3 Points in Nature's Bounty-- 1 is more than enough. Crit isn't a strong point of ours, and how often are you casting Regrowth?
- Blessing of the Grove. The above talents I listed are way better.

Glyphs:

Regrowth is garbage, get rid of it and replace is with glyph of Rejuv.
You should never cast Innervate on anyone but yourself, I'd reccomend glyph of entrangling roots to help out with CC (not really mandatory, just my preference)

Gear:

I see you're still wearing a lot of ICC gear. Get rid of it. I know, it hurts to sell it to a vendor, but quest greens are better.

Reforge out of Mastery or Crit into Spirit. If you can't reforge into Spirit, reforge into Haste.

Hope that helps! Remember, spirit is your best friend!
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
I had a similar question about my druid, how does this spec look to you guys? Don't look at my profile I know it's all wrong. ;)

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hbhZZrfzId0ruouo
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/17/2010 10:29 AMPosted by Mieren
I had a similar question about my druid, how does this spec look to you guys? Don't look at my profile I know it's all wrong. ;)

I'd take points from Blessing of the Grove and put it into Furor instead.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
12/17/2010 10:34 AMPosted by Sente

Oh sweet I forgot about that thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/17/2010 10:37 AMPosted by Mieren

Oh sweet I forgot about that thank you!

No problem! :D
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
A lot of mana issues are, to a large extent, out of your control. If your tank is not geared or your group has low dps or you have even just one stupid dps who takes too much damage, they will cause you to have mana problems. When I started instancing I would be on fumes for many boss fights, sometimes down to 25% mana with 50% boss life left in normal dungeons. A lot of this was also because I had to learn how to play differently. Now I am mostly 346 geared and just starting 10 mans and mana is much less of an issue. So hang in there, take the good advice offered above and things will improve dramatically in the near future.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Wow thank you all this is what i have been looking for, some really great help, yeah i know my spec is all out of whack right now too i have been playing with it and need to fix it. I think my isse has been that im going to all the "normal" sites for this information and people are just not posting much yet. anyway off to respec!

Thanks again!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]