Healing heroics is easy once you have gear

85 Night Elf Druid
Am I the only one who finds heroics kinda face roll right now? I don't mean to sound cocky, but these days in random heroics I can do boss fights and finish with 40% of my mana left. On trash pulls I now usually just spam healing touch (my inefficient heal) and I rarely have tanks die or even need to drink after each fight. I don't know, maybe DPS just got a lot better in the past week. I'm fairly well geared (over 110k mana with mage buff) but I only have 2 epics. I can't imagine heroics would be even remotely challenging when we all have full epics.

Contrast this to BC or Vanilla 5 mans (which everyone says Cata is a throw back to). Those 5 mans remained fairly hard all the way till the last patch (Heroic Shadow Labs anyone? Magister's Terrace?) I just find it funny how everyone said heroics were super serious and hard, and its only 10 days into the expansion and people are already facerolling.

*Note: Guild starts raids next week, and I'm sure those will be very challenging. But this post is aimed at everyone who says random heroics are impossible to heal. All my gear is from 5 mans or rep rewards, there is no reason you can't be as geared as me.
Edited by Namika on 12/17/2010 8:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
The problem isn't that they're hard, it's that it's boring and you feel like you're trying to heal with a level 60 character with how garbage all your heals are relative to player health. And if you think heroics are easy, go try some raids, the WOTLK level aoe damage on some fights vs your trash heals is really great :/
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Recent buffs to priests if the group is avoiding dmg properly if I blow cooldowns most of the time ill end the fight with 90% mana. Magisters terrace was tuned to people being in t5, heroics in t4. These heroics I believe are properly tuned, they would have been near impossible if they tuned them to t11 (much like how some bc heroics were super rediculous at launch... shadow labs, Shattered halls, Arcatraz...).

That being said, there are some mechanics in these heroics that can't be out geared, which is the way it should be.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yes, healing heroics is really easy and boring. But not to the point where I can completely zone out. I'm looking forward to when I've got the gear for that again.
Edited by Squarepusher on 12/17/2010 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]