@Cataclysm Healing - What isn’t fun for me

90 Night Elf Druid
12/18/2010 7:59 AMPosted by Silvers
I think what really bothers me is that a healer is actually encouraged to heal as little as possible

That's only true if you equate healing with spamming. Healing was a spam fest in the later parts of Wrath. Lot's of people didn't like it.

I can’t imagine why one would want to play a DPS class if your primary goal was to use a finite damage pool as efficiently as possible.

Then go play DPS. And I don't mean that rudely. Why should the healing game be the same as the dps game? The tanking game is not the same as healing. Why should DPS be the same.
Edited by Elnia on 12/19/2010 12:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
The only thing I don't like is the amount of water I have to go through and the down time when CC just doesn't go right which can happen even with good players. In dungeon OOC regen should just be buffed significantly. No I don't need to zerg through dungeons but there is really nothing interesting about sitting around after a bad trash pull or a boss.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Im going to put this as easy to read as I can here we go
Im not the best healer in the game and I am adapting but I can do math so lets do some ok fight evertthing is going awsome tank is getting hit for 10k a pop just spaming my lowest heal and throwing the needed heal riptide and what not, boss has a non cc aoe 2 times during the fight 25k to every member no matter where you stand every sec for 5 sec math first round aoe let them get to 50% all wile using my tools least mana using spells I have managed to get everyone back to 70% or so guess what round 2 50% comes around still using those low mana spells but now everyone is rolling up on 30% and still taking damage from the aoe o crap i have 50% mana think ok mana tide (JOKE) i get 5% mana back ok 6k mana for my biggest heal 25k Crit maby if im lucky 30 k ok heal me and tank save us took 2 heals each 50% health now back to little heals because that cost me 24k mana but now i have 5% mana and all but me and tank have 15% health maby Boss goes into overdrive %@!% tank just got smashed 30K hit hope this ends soon ok thank god fights over 5% mana everyone is allmost dead but we did it PLEASE TELL ME HOW THIS IS FUN that was only 1 fight been in here for 4 hours wiping cause i go oom when 1 person messes up
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
The only thing I don't like is the amount of water I have to go through and the down time when CC just doesn't go right which can happen even with good players. In dungeon OOC regen should just be buffed significantly. No I don't need to zerg through dungeons but there is really nothing interesting about sitting around after a bad trash pull or a boss.

Having a mage in your group is like a godsend.
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
The main thing I enjoyed about healing on my Priest, for years and years, was the ability to mana my mana properly. I am happy to have that back, even if it's not as interesting as before. It's still more interesting than WotLK was for me.

I haven't noticed a lack of diversity in my heals. Sure, Heal is pretty high up there. But it's never been more than 15% of my effective healing thus far.
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
12/19/2010 2:19 AMPosted by Saloradis
Have you ever thought that maybe Heal isn't more than 15% of your effective healing - because it's a weak spell for filler?

Filler between what? Casting more filler?

Clearly, I am casting other things. A lot them, truth be told. Usually I have 5-7 heals within 1% of effective healing done in any given run. And another 20 or so parading down the list.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah, it's not more than 15% of my effective healing either, except on really easy fights - but it's a hell of a lot more than 15% of my elapsed cast time. Heal has the most absurdly pathetic HPCT I have ever heard of.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I like that you cannot spam your most expensive heal all day when everyone is already at 95% health, or you will go OOM.

I do not like that when I decide it is time for that big expensive heal (because the boss does more damage at a low percentage, or there's a big unavoidable AOE, or whatever), it heals for so little. I HATE having such small heals, and it has ruined Cataclysm healing for me. Annoys me so much to stare at long cast bars only for health to go up so little.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
You call this fun?

And nothing but chain heal was fun?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Run in a good guild group, profit. Never use LFD.

Case in point, ran one instance on normal...had to pop every single CD every boss fight and chugged pots like mad. When I suggested stayin outa the fire, interrupting boss abilities, and CCin: I got laughed at and called bad.

Did same instance on heroic in a guild group and ended most fights with 3/4 mana.

As to PvP, well....I give up. No point and it aint fun to die over and over, not really making a noticable difference. Not to mention havin fresh 85s in quest greens rofl stomp me <solo> in the span of a CC. Ugh.

Now that I got my DPS alt to 85, I am enjoying PvP and PvE.

Working as intended.
Edited by Flowers on 12/19/2010 4:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
You say spaming chain heal was not fun and well your right but making me spam healing wave well umm maby im confused but what was this suppost to fix. Im still spaming 1 heal or wipe from oom perfect ideal.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm not a fan of the direction resto druids have gone. It started with the loss of perma-tree for me. Yeah, we now have an awesome cooldown, but I feel we could have gotten that without taking away my talent spec's form. But yeah, beating a dead horse right there...

Now, post-Cata... Rejuv (what used to be my bread and butter) is in the same boat as Regrowth (expensive, oh sh** heal). Lifebloom is single target only. Wild Growth is healing for something like 700 a tick? So the new healing strat for druids is 3xLB on tank/Rejuv (if you can spare it) to get Symbiosis benefits/Nourish spam.

Healing DPS has become very difficult, as Rejuv, Regrowth, and Healing Touch are just too expensive, Nourish requires an existing HoT to be effective, and you can't take LB off the tank. Wild Growth and Efflo are both very weak, with Efflo not being guaranteed to be any use depending on where people are standing or how they move after it lands.
Tranq is still awesome, but yeah... long cooldown. Treeform +LB spam is pretty great though, and 3 minutes isn't too bad.

Still, I dislike the fact that I'm more of a direct healer now. I dislike the loss of a permanent healing form. I feel like a pally or a priest. I no longer feel like a resto druid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]