Sky high latency

85 Human Priest
My latency is through the roof lately. I've been getting ridiculously high latency and I have no idea why. My latency has been as high as 2000+. Obviously there must be something wrong. What could be happening that could make my latency so high?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I got this on my Blood Elf last night. 2400MS. Other players and monsters were running around like ants on fire. I can't pick up loot either.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have also been having an issue with this lately, as has my husband. I thought it was our internet, but we never seem to lag at the same time. I'll lag for a while with latency spikes upwards of 2000, then mine will clear and he will lag.

We just put in an Airport Extreme also, thinking it might be a router issue, but that didn't clear it up. Any clues?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
There could be a few things causing latency, so let's try a few things to see if this improves it any.

Note: If you are using a wireless connection of any kind, please try to connect using a wired connection such as an ethernet cable to the modem as a temporary test. Wireless connections can be unstable in general and many things beyond your control such as nearby cordless telephones, microwave ovens, refrigerators, walls, distance and outside power lines can and often do interfere with the signal integrity.

Custom UI and add-ons could cause this, so let's reset those and reset folder permissions.

Reset the permissions on your WoW folder:
1. Select the World of Warcraft folder
2. Press Command + I
3. In the Info box, go to the Sharing & Permissions section and click on the lock and unlock it, entering your admin password when prompted.
4. make sure you have Read & Write permissions
5. Click on the Burst icon (cog wheel) and select Apply to enclosed items

Reset the temp files:
1. Navigate to /Applications/World of Warcraft/
2. Delete the Cache folder.
3. Move Interface and WTF to the Desktop.
4. Launch WoW.

Also, if you have any firewalls or security software enabled, try removing those as a test as well.
It's a Tarp!
Wait I mean, take a moment to let me know how I am doing. http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]