Do you heal --->

85 Night Elf Druid
People that don't avoid, avoidable damage?
People that don't bandage?
People that don't eat food after combat?
People that tell you to heal them?
People that tell you heal through the fire?

If you don't then you sir, are a good healer!
Edited by Fumetsu on 12/19/2010 12:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
1. If I'm 100% sure that I have the mana and cast time to spare, yes. Otherwise, no.
2. See above
3. Not before asking them to eat first and making them know just how I feel about burning extra drinks because they didn't bring food.
4. I make my decisions on who to heal and when completely independently of what they're asking me to do.
5. These people get votekicked.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Long story short, I will still "heal stupid," if I can, I'm just in tune with the fact that for the most part, Blizzard has removed that capability from healers.

If a melee positions himself poorly and eats a cleave, but then moves away from it and is sitting there at 50%, you bet I'll toss him some healing to get him back up.

If some moron is standing in the fire and not moving, I'm not going to blow Guardians Spirit and dump massive amounts of mana into making a vain attempt at keeping him alive. I might, however, target him and type /laugh or /bye.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I try to heal stupid, but then I go oom, so it is all about survival of the fittest now.

*sigh*
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I heal everyone. Sometimes people stand in fire for long periods of time, but I just warn them that we won't down the boss if they keep doing that. Usually, they'll get the picture. I'll politely ask people (especially if there's a mage table up) to eat/drink between pulls instead of expecting me to heal them up to full.

I'm a healer. It's my job to heal people, and I really don't care if some people take unnecessary damage even in heroics. It's part of learning the game, just like wiping on hard bosses. Maybe if it was a guild run, and people were dying because of stupidity and we weren't able to make any progression I'd get angry, but getting mad at PuGs is just a waste of energy. Better to teach 'em.
Reply Quote
Even very good players are going to get hit by avoidable damage from time to time, so unless you feel like letting dps die and ensuring your own failure in the process, you will need a plan to spread some heals around.

Tough luck to them if they stand in the fire at the same time the tank is taking heavy damage though.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
The only people I absolutely, positively will not heal are those who try to give me healing directions (and are not raid healer leads...but that's usually me anyway). "Heal me," if I recognize your voice, = no heals. Even if you're the tank.

I'll heal innocent standinfire to the extent I can while also holding down my Vent key to explain what the fire is and how to stop standing in it. I won't heal standinfire if told to do so. I will, however, sometimes tell people to standinfire and let me heal through it.

I'll heal out of combat, because that's when I get to use all my cool toys without worrying about ooming. I'm going to drink anyway, so...who cares?

I don't expect anyone to bandage. (shrug) just me.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
People that don't avoid, avoidable damage?: If it's just them taking the damage and nobody else, I sure don't.

People that don't bandage?: Yes, because less than 1% of the WoW population heals with bandages.
People that don't eat food after combat?: Yes. This is pretty normal.
People that tell you to heal them?: Only if they aren't doing something stupid.
People that tell you heal through the fire?: Nope.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
1. As much as I don't want to, sometimes they learn and it doesn't happen again. I am a healer first and foremost, if I can keep them up, I make the effort.

2. I don't consider bandaging a part of their job, they are DPS, they kill the bosses, I heal, I heal DPS. I wouldn't ask them to stop and heal themselves, when it is clearly my job to do so. They should focus on killing things while doing the right thing.

3. Sadly I have to heal them, but it pisses me off that it is OK to spend out the butt for drinks when they just sit there. Go buy your own damn food, you drinking and eating after a pull actually makes the instance go faster!

4. I tell them to mind their own business, I know my mechanics, I know my job, if I can do it I will do it, if not, then we find out why I couldn't, mostly it was their problem not mine so they have no room to tell me to heal them. I am not stupid, I know how to heal, so Mr. Rogue, mind your own role.

5. If they told me to heal through fire I would initialize a votekick. They are clearly too dumb to leave Lich King behind and move into Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
People that don't avoid, avoidable damage? Depends on the damage, how avoidable it is, and how integral they are to victory alive. On Ozruk, by way of example, everyone but the tank is optional.
People that don't bandage? Yes, provided I think it's a net gain to heal them. sometimes it isn't.
People that don't eat food after combat? Yes, before I even sit down to drink I throw down an AoE heal. If people leave the Healing Puddle before it expires, then I refuse to heal them.
People that tell you to heal them? No. I will never heal a person who does this again. The first time was a mistake that won't be repeated.
People that tell you heal through the fire? Depends on the fire. Usually, I'll say no unless the alternative is much less pleasant.
Edited by Rakha on 12/19/2010 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/19/2010 12:11 PMPosted by Fumetsu

what it seems to be to me:

outcome of healing them:
group wipes (obvious)
group wipes again...
Tank leaves group and we find another...
group wipes again.....
group wipes again.......
tank leaves group and we find another, group starts to wonder why their wiping on trash.....
group wipes again....
group wipes again......
tank leaves and we find another......
idiot finally figures out that the fire is not a buff.

outcome of not healing them:
they die (obvious)
group kills mobs
i res them
they have no food, so i heal them then drink again.
they complain about dieing, blaming the healer of course
they learned nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
how often are they avoiding it? am i healing them though the avoidable damage or otherwise?

nobody bandages now, it embersilk cloth is way to expensive at this point in time to expect anyone to bandage.

at best i'll give them a renew. nothing if lightwell is still active.

i tell them i'm out of mana and i was in the middle of hymn of hope because they kept needing to be carried thoughout the majority of that fight.

hasn't happened yet. i only see it being the reason why i would initiate a vote kick. preferably after the kicked indivuduals can read their reason for being vote kicked. i'd say something along the lines of "This is the most effective way to keep you out of fire and alive for another ~40 minutes."
Edited by Leemesgee on 12/19/2010 3:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/19/2010 1:54 PMPosted by Rhezz

what it seems to be to me:

outcome of healing them:
group wipes (obvious)
group wipes again...
Tank leaves group and we find another...
group wipes again.....
group wipes again.......
tank leaves group and we find another, group starts to wonder why their wiping on trash.....
group wipes again....
group wipes again......
tank leaves and we find another......
idiot finally figures out that the fire is not a buff.

outcome of not healing them:
they die (obvious)
group kills mobs
i res them
they have no food, so i heal them then drink again.
they complain about dieing, blaming the healer of course
they learned nothing.

I have ran into so many people who stand in bad things over and over again. I tell them it's bad, but they don't listen. So now that I am leveling another healer alt, I heal the dps to a certain amount to take another tick of fire then if they don't move they don't get any heals.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I heal what I can, but my priorities are Tank, Me, highest/most versatile DPS, the rest. I try to heal melee a little more because I know some of the encounters are harder on them than on ranged. Good ranged group won't take damage anyhow. I'm not above letting someone die if they continually do the wrong thing.

I do my best every time I walk into that instance. I hate half ass attempts at anything. Sometimes my best means leaving people to die. I don't feel as if I could have done more for those that can't move out of stuff.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
LOL at people who "/yell HEAL PLZ" in battlegrounds.

You are not getting healed.
Reply Quote
44 Night Elf Druid

Depends. If they didn't do it in purpose (as in later they tried to move out asap), I heal. If they just that stupid and didn't move, I let their HP hanging at 25% for some times. If I had enough, I let them die.
But mostly, I bailed way before that happened.
If they're that stupid to ignore the game mechanics, I prefer just to abandon them than having stupid argument on the game, on internet, with some stranger, that 99% I will never see again in game and IRL.

inorite
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]